Why are FB deleting gun pics

Whoopty

On 3/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, Selena said:

I went through our logs for examples, It's quite simple. Facebook doesn't allow it, we don't allow it plus this is the stuff that gets posted, regularly. 

Now, I'm fine with making rules more clear, making them more transparent and what not but guns under no circumstances will be flexxed like below. It just spams the website and yes, so do drugs, so do a lot of things and it's evidently subjective whether you want it there or not.

I will go ahead and say, if you want change to the rules to forum PM me about what YOU think should change and why. St3fan and I have only recently brought in a team of mods to work on FB, previously there were only 3 of us. Now we have 5 of us, including managers.

Here are some reference links: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/violence_criminal_behavior

8dUoCJH.png

a0g0E56.png

ywXWGcV.png

590RuGj.png

XgfGD0I.png

9l7C2oo.png

UMkQdMa.png

EDIT: I would like to add we get anywhere between 20-50 reports daily, bots, guns, drugs, fraud, ooc mixing and what not. Having only 3 at the time made it difficult to regulate everything. Whilst I understand that this should be taken "IC" - as per the rules it gets sent to PD too. So, it being "IC" is in fact enforced. However, as a website, we remove the photos too after documenting them.

We just want a clean website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D :  <

Where does it say in the quote that firearms are illegal? It only specifies that the sale for firearms is illegal. I understand that pictures of gangsters posting edgy photos can be considered as threats to public safety but for legal gun owners that is different. 

Seems like you got it wrong or you are posting an inaccurate quote.

6 hours ago, Tseard said:

Where does it say in the quote that firearms are illegal? It only specifies that the sale for firearms is illegal. I understand that pictures of gangsters posting edgy photos can be considered as threats to public safety but for legal gun owners that is different. 

Seems like you got it wrong or you are posting an inaccurate quote.

Make a suggestion as my post says, we base everything off real life terms and discussion between the admins / mods of FB take place too. If you wish to set things “right” then forum PM me.

1 hour ago, Selena said:

Make a suggestion as my post says, we base everything off real life terms and discussion between the admins / mods of FB take place too. If you wish to set things “right” then forum PM me.

Yeah, so guns being illegal is something that FB staff wanted since it's accepted in-real life. thanks for claryfing.

• Selena locked this topic