Taser having a chance of failing

bonk

47 minutes ago, Westen said:

With 1.1 I think this could be a suggestion to look into, HOWEVER as it stands on 0.3.7, the beanbag shotgun is incredibly unreliable as it stands. Adding percentages on top of that unreliability due to pellet sync would render it a completely useless feature.

Maybe not a chance of fail percentage on the beanbag rounds then.

But I still stand by the fact that it should not knock players down immediately in the chance that they are hit - even if it takes three or whatever rounds to hit the player due to desync and whatnot. I'd rather see the player be slowed down to a jog/walk and then cops can actually catch up to the player and are able to provide and experience other types of RP such as; going hands-on, TASER or using other types of force including issuing verbal commands while holding the player at gunpoint and talking them down to surrender without further incident.

Edited by Lomenga

I don't think very many people know that in real life, with the taser (The law enforcement cartridges are the 25 foot ones used with the X26) but even then, a taser against anybody who is super overweight, has on heavy clothing (over 2 inches from the body, or you don't get both probes in, because of any number of reason? You have about a 50/50 shot to actually connect the probes, and the other factors also increase this. I say we implement a random percentage of the taser being successful, anywhere from 50-90 percent, which computes based on where you hit the person and the distance you hit them from. (Unsure of how this would be scripted, but just shooting from the hip.) If you don't succeed in using your taser? All you did was piss them off, I think we should piggy back this suggestion with either a tackle or OC spray script, which could act as an alternative to the taser, as the taser is actually not the end all be all.

taser.jpg.b67c062fb745695b9911ce7c02881117.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic