Taser having a chance of failing

bonk

Short description: Tasers having a 60% chance of failing, they don't work as well as they do in real life.

Detailed description: When you tase somebody, they're pretty much toast. This suggestion is in the interest of fairness and also makes it realistic. Tasers don't work as well as they do in real life.

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server?: Would make it better rounded. As Doosty said it's a point and click win machine. It promotes play to win behavior.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
Just now, khaled said:

For sure. There's a reason why tasers aren't commonly used during chases. They're very unreliable and unpredictable. 

image.png.d0af26da0d66fb291a4048c8597428fc.png

Tasers are less reliable than their maker has claimed. The results can be deadly | When Tasers Fail | APM Reports

The officers said than older versions of tasers were more reliable than the ones they are enforced to use. It was a decision forced by LAPD to the officers.

So....without giving away too much personal information, I work in a career where Taser’s are frequently used. I have never, in my career, seen a taser fail to deploy. Not once.

In order to achieve NMI (neuro-muscular incapacitation) both darts from the cartridge need to make contact on the subject. Upon contact, electricity travels from one dart to the other, incapacitating everything between. When you deploy the taser these darts come out of the cartridge and begin to spread. The wider the spread, the bigger the NMI. A perfect hit would be back upper shoulder to opposite side lower leg. 

The failures that departments are reporting don’t (usually) have to do with the taser failing, it has to do with the deployment. Thick jackets, too far of a range and you miss, too close and the darts aren’t spread far enough to create NMI. Making a taser fail 60% of the time is beyond unrealistic. You’re better off changing the effective range to a more realistic 6-15 feet. Anything beyond 15 is pretty much a miss, and anything closer than 6 feet will still make contact but the NMI won’t be widespread and I’ve seen people “shrug” it off (I.E rip out a dart and run). 

Edited by Rickaroni
  • Wuhtah locked this topic