Test Drive System

Bunting

Short description: A Test drive feature on the server.

Detailed description: My suggestion is to add in a test drive script, to prevent abuse it could involve a distance and/or time limit on how far you can go etc, for people who wish to buy a new car it would be better for them to possibly get a feel for the vehicle before buying it, with the test drive script this enables them to do so.

Commands to add:  /testdrive (or it can be done through the dialogue maybe).

Items to add:  Time limiter on the vehicle to prevent abuse.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Well people can sometimes be stuck between which car they wish to buy, and to get a feel of the vehicle they either have to buy it or go onto a different server to test it (if it has it), not everyone can connect to the test server and this I feel would be a nice little addition that allows people to test vehicles before buying them.

Additional information:

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

Perhaps put the player temporarily into another dimension for the test drive, since the point is largely an OOC thing to begin with, that being you as a player aren't sure what you want. This would let players safely test the cars limits and handling (good for both legal people and those who might wish to use it for criminal purposes) before committing.

• Upvote 2
34 minutes ago, Late said:

Would be nice, especially for the vehicles like the new Taxi's and shit that we won't be able to find on a Rage test server. 

admiral3, chavos, diabolus, esperanto, everonb, hakumai, hellfury, huntley2, landstalker3, lycan, nightblade2, premierclas, premierss, pres, pres2, revenant, schafteriv, scorcherc, slave, sovereign2, taxiesperanto, templar, wayfarer, wintergreen, angel, freeway, wolfsbane2, recursion, merit

(Thanks Marksman).

I feel like this would remove some of the test drive roleplay from player owned dealerships personally. We also try to limit using other dimensions for things as everything should be IC.

• Wuhtah locked this topic