Mapping Guide for Beginners || Build it Yourself

Nadler

Build it Yourself

giphy.gif

So you want an interior, I will be providing all the details and examples how to map your own place step by step.

In addition, I will give you examples how to make custom objects and tricks that mappers use.

In order to map your own place, you will need a few things.

Requirements:

• Furniture Slots - every player starts with 50 slots (/vstats or check on UCP), you are able to get more slots by Donating Here. the more slots you have the more details your interior could have.
  • Furniture Funding - the objects you spawn cost money if you gonna map it yourself make sure you have the budget for it.

How do I start? 

Once you have enough furniture slots and the funds to start working, you will need to go through a few stages as you map the interior. make sure you check this Guide by Jesscat if you are not familiar with the commands yet.

Layout

This is the most important part of the interior, each interior must fit it's exterior the best way it can. there are different ways to figure the width and length of your exterior so you could fit it perfectly into the interior but I would suggest to use the most used method which is counting steps.

How do I get access to someone else interior?

Have the owner do /givepropertykey and then do /acceptkey. After you have done that make sure the owner enabled the construction rights in /pmanager > Permissions > Construction rights.

How do I check my house size?

Go out to your house exterior and stand at the corner of it then start to walk the length and count the steps, do the same with the width and then do the same inside the interior and you will know the exact size of your house. you can also go on the house roof and place down floor001 to know how many floors will be fitting according to the exterior.

How do I know my apartment size?

In apartment complexes you probably could not count the width and length properly. what you can do is divide the building size by the apartments on one floor.

If the apartment complex building is 30 steps width and 36 steps length and each floor has 4 apartments, you divide 30 and 36 by 4 and you will know the size your apartment should be (more or less).

Finding walls faster:

When you looking for walls you don't have to scroll up each time, what you can do is /sf wall001 and it will show you all the options for the walls of the same color, you then can keep going up to see different options wall002, wall003 etc...

Spoiler

WrBMaP9.jpg

How do you place walls/floors accurately to the interior size?
There are a few ways to make accurate floors, floors/walls that are blank are more easy to place down but those with shapes and lines on them will require them to be placed very accurately so the lines will fit. if you don't want the floors/walls to flicker when they are inside each other what you need to do is lower the speed of moving the object to 21 and lower the wall/floor once then increase the speed of movement to 22 and raise it once and the floor/wall won't flicker while looking as one with the other wall/floor. (Don't forget to /fixinvi after you done so).

Layout addons (Optional)

The reason I say it is optional because it is mainly depends on your budget, a layout is a floor, roof and walls all around the interior that create the rooms. if you wish to buff your interior to look colorful, detailed and such you have a few options on how to do so.

1. Second wall at 30 percent of the main wall or at any shape that fits properly. >> Example <<
  2. Trims located at the edges of the walls and doors. >> Example <<
  3. Extra walls to make the roof more detailed. >> Example <<
  4. Special windows according to the exterior. >> Example <<

Furniture

Once the layout is ready the big part is to place down furniture, there is a very big list of options and ways you could find your objects. I recommend you have all of those guides open while mapping, it is easier to find objects while using those guides.

1. Furniture Catalog - Guide by Effion.
  2. Imported items - list by Cara 
  3. Wall art Catalog - Guide by Rasbruu
  4. Walls List Catalog - List by Kyra

Each house/apartment should have the basics stuff:

- Kitchen & Dining area.

- Living room.

- Bedroom.

- Bathroom.

After that if you have space left you could add more rooms according to the space you have.

The style you pick should fit the exterior environment, here are a few styles that you could go with:

Keep in mind that mixing a few styles together is possible but should be done carefully as it can easly make the interior look weird or bad when certain objects don't go along with others.

Furniture Details (Optional)

Furniture details are basically smaller objects that you place on bigger furniture to make them look more realistic. it is optional for budget and slots reasons as this part could take a lot from you and not everyone has the slots or funding for it. Make sure you keep an eye on the slots when you are mapping this part.

What objects could you place down to make the place more detailed? (do /sf and the names listed to get a full list of the options ingame).

• Kitchen - Jar, plate, mug, cup, fruit, can, knife, stove, fridge, kitchen.  >> Example <<
  • Living Room - dvd, vcr, remote control, book, tv, sofa, couch. 
  • Bedroom - radio, alarm, magazine, closet, shirt, shoe, suitcase. 
  • Bathroom - toilet, paper, perfume, shampoo, cream, gel, sink, tooth.
  • Office - office, computer, mouse, keyboard, paper, folder, filing, tower, filing. >> Example <<

Extra Furniture

This is part will be placing more details around the house, it can be considered less important furniture that could be placed last before you finish your interior and will help you fill the empty spaces around the interior.

What can I put as extra furniture?

• Plants.
  • Wall art.
  • Door frames.
  • Wall art frames.
  • Curtains.
  • Window bars.
  • Rugs.

Lights

This is a very nice to make, the lights change the interior during the nighttime and make the interior absolutely stunning. do keep in mind that lights also cause lag and you should place them carefully.

What type of lights can I put?

You got a few type of light colors can be used for your interior:

• White light - Used as basic light for interiors. Example.
  • Yellow light - Used as basic light for interiors and gives the objects a nice color addition. Example.
  • Blue light - Can be used for interiors such as clubs, bars for affects, the blue light can also be placed under water to make the water more shiny. Example.
  • Red light -  Can be used for interiors such as clubs, bars for affects. Example.
  • Green light - Can be used for interiors such as clubs, bars for affects but carefully cause players can buy drinks if they stand above the machine. Example

Lights objects:

• White light - Industrial Ceiling Lights, Spotlight on long cable.
  • Yellow light - Hanging bulbs light fitting, single bulb on long cable, beige standing lamp.
  • Blue light - Blue safety light, red and blue safety light.
  • Red light - Red safety light.
  • Green light - Sprunk Vending Machine 
Edited by Nadler
  • Upvote 14
  • Applaud 3

Customized objects

Poker Table

NW9ZehC.png

1. Spawn "Long Dark Wood Dining Table" this will be serving you as a template.
  2. For the table color you need to pick a wall art of your choosing depending on the color (Like the red in the picture)
  3. You can use "Stair Pole 3" or "Stair Railing 3" to make the edges of the table and shape it as you desire, making it more detailed.
  4. Place 5 different cards in the middle of the table with a deck of cards next to it.
  5. Place 4-5 chairs on each side of the table.
  6. Place 2 cards upside down infront of each chair you placed, each card should be placed to side a bit so it will be more clear there are 2 cards.
  7. Place different Chip Stacks above the cards of the players, make it different for each for realism purposes.
  8. Can place drinks next to each player as well.

Edited by Nadler
  • Upvote 9
  • Applaud 1
  • Nadler changed the title to Mapping Guide for Beginners || Build it Yourself