Age demographics of Los Santos

MartosG

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really still wish this server only allowed 18+ characters even if you’re in a gang. Playing someone as young as 18 IMO is kind of a disadvantage. You’re still very young and inexperienced in life. Mid-20’s or more is what I prefer. I used to roleplay someone in their thirties who eventually reached their 40’s at one point. Had to be done due to their progression in a faction. 

Also the poll needs editing.

18-25

26-35

36-45

46+

Edited by Saccs
2 minutes ago, Saccs said:

I really still wish this server only allowed 18+ characters even if you’re in a gang. Playing someone as young as 18 IMO is kind of a disadvantage. You’re still very young and inexperienced in life. Mid-20’s or more is what I prefer. I used to roleplay someone in their thirties who eventually reached their 40’s at one point. Had to be done due to their progression in a faction. 

Also the poll needs editing.

18-25

26-35

36-45

46+

But some people like to roleplay being at a disadvantage. It’s not as much fun to join a gang at an older age because that basically skips the fundamental years of your characters development into the gang and it’s environment.

My characters in GTAW are always either my age or older. This is mostly because being "only" 28 IRL I have already realized I'm too disconnected from modern trends, memes, slang and even music.

Added to the fact that a lot of players are actually under 20, I don't want to be part of a "Hello, fellow kids" type vibe.

• Upvote 3
24 minutes ago, EffPee said:

But some people like to roleplay being at a disadvantage. It’s not as much fun to join a gang at an older age because that basically skips the fundamental years of your characters development into the gang and it’s environment.

Yes but I feel like it just always complicated things. I personally never use /examine because I just forget that the command is there. I’m basically assuming that everyone is an adult. There’s been times where myself or others have had to basically fight someone but then they’ll go ‘/do Would you really do that to a 15 year old? Then it just makes things super awkward.

I find that a large amount of players play youthful characters, right around that 21-24 year old phase, solely to party / make minimum club entry via age, etc. I admit, I myself use to make my characters 21 just so I can go to clubs and rp. A lot of people lose interest in that, as it is not a sustainable practice if you're going to bars to rp then logging off shortly after. I also find a lot of people don't utilize Character Development, so their character is stuck in the prime of their life. Idk... not for me! I wish everyone's age increased!

• Wuhtah locked this topic