911 Call Delay

xdthe

1 hour ago, BjornV said:

The same story goes for criminals.

That one extra minute allows you to get on the other side of the city.

Fair enough i dont agree with the guy saying 5 minutes delay either. Some kind of delay is fair though, even if it's 20-30 seconds.

1 hour ago, Pathway said:

10 minutes? I said 1 minute, unless you're over exaggerating for effect. 1 minute is really not that big of a deal, I don't agree with the rest of these guys asking for 5 or 6 minutes delay. 

You're right it's not LA simulator, but we are simulating a city. PD shouldn't get a call then show up instantly. If you've ever RPed robbing a gas station/247 ingame

This 100%.

Most of you guys believe that this suggestion is meant to provide criminal players with an OP advantage to commit crimes. But is it really OP?

I mean think about it for one second. The delay is only gonna be 30 seconds to a minute long, it isn’t that long especially considering the fact that in real life it takes 5-10 minutes for LAPD to respond.

I think it’s hypocrisy to claim that this is giving criminals unfair advantages when LEO rpers are getting updates in almost every single update log I’ve seen. You guys seem to have all the advantages I can think of ingame.

The reason for the instant cops on your scenes is because you shoot people while there are cops in the area. It's that simple. Putting a 60 second delay on the 911 does nothing to solve that. All that does it mess over those north of the Olympic Freeway.

I have a better suggestion. Don't shoot people with cops around the block. The amount of scenes I've been on South Side where multiple shots are fired in the area of what I'm doing is mental. Every other scene is literally "Shots on Grove!". That there, is your instant response. Also, don't forget we have two agencies with multitudes of units roaming South Side now, marked, covert and unmarked, not forgetting the two helicopters that can be up, one from PD and one from SD. FD and even the CORONERS have access to a departmental radio that LEO's can see, so if they call in shots too, instant response. Nothing to do with the 911 system. Coroners and FD roam about too.

This suggestion will not stop instant response.

5 minutes ago, SULLI said:

This suggestion will not stop instant response.

It won't always stop instant response, but it will definitely help when there isn't an LEO faction member around the corner.

I do agree with other people that an actual dispatch system would be better. 60 seconds is a bit much simply due to someone has to type it out as well first. Not entirely against it though.

Edited by honey.
3 hours ago, Illusive said:

I don't mind playing cops and robbers, thanks for the suggestion. But think about a Business/Bank Robbery,  by the time you finish your /me's there will be an army of LSPD outside. Maybe in those cases, the delay should be longer.

And anyone who says criminals already have an upper hand hasn't really played as one.

You mention....

Out of all things, a bank robbery.

Do you know how bank robberies work IRL?
Within 5 seconds of entering, the silent alarm has been tripped. An army of police arrives within MINUTES because it is a damn bank.

And no, I haven't RPed a criminal (On this server), however 9/10 crime scenes I get I don't even do anything with because they're useless. It's 1/20 that I catch someone in the act of committing a crime

@whoever quoted me 

Okay you’re talking about police response times not how long it takes for police to receive a call via CAD. Receiving, dispatching, responding and arriving are all separate things. I agree with delaying the actual call being sent to law

enforcement for 15 seconds max because realistically the information would need to be inputted and relayed to units. 

You’re wanting to add additional time to portray more real life response times of units actually arriving on scene. But they don’t really correlate because on the server, you can speed off at 140mph and be out of the city in 60 seconds whereas in real life LA that wouldn’t happen. So the balance has to be taken into account.

Edited by Mick

It's not PD or SD's fault. If the south side is too hot, move your gang elsewhere. Better yet, illegal faction leaders, start making gangs where they're not supposed to be. The Armenians are a pretty good example of this. That area isn't a slum but there's criminal activity happening. If you have a gang, in an already notoriously bad area, you're gonna have police. That's the way it works. Police are supposed to be one step ahead of you. If you don't like that you don't like realism as much as you think you do.

Also, it's been debunked 50 times in this thread already, but the idea that dispatchers IRL take minutes to get a call out is just not true, it's almost immediate. The call goes out to units while they're still getting details. Watch some bodycam videos of responding units, you'll hear "CALL UPDATED" every three seconds as the unit is responding to all they know is a domestic violence call. By the time they get there, that simple domestic call is a man with a gun holding his wife and kids hostage wearing a yellow shirt and combat boots. None of that was in the initial call.

Quite frankly, criminals should be thankful that PD and SD have not requested ShotSpotter technology, which is very realistic and exists all over the United States. But us LEOs play in the interest of fair for everyone, thankfully.

I'm a dispatcher. Sometimes it's instant sometimes it's minutes. Depends on the call and the information given.

The automated system actually forces you to answer questions perfectly since it's automated, if people told me the address and exactly what was happening 100% of the time, they'd get officers there significantly faster, but that happens a solid 5% of the time.

A delay may actually result in a degree of realism in how quickly that information gets processed, because as it is in game, you just answer three questions and cops come running. In real life I have to play 20 questions with you because we're trained to get every detail of the scene to be as careful as possible and not send our officers into a death trap. However, this is a game. Weighing the benefits of who most gets satisfaction out of this delay is probably the most important thing to consider than anything else. I think the system as it is, is kind of fair for the server. A lot of people get away with shootings in the server strictly by absolutely murdering everyone involved or waiting for the perfect opportunity to shoot someone in the middle of the street, and then go hide in their home. At the same time, convenient officer positioning also means sometimes those same people get caught with their pants down in seconds - frequent patrols are kind of supposed to do that.

I have no strong feelings one way or another on this suggestion, but I felt like adding my input.

19 hours ago, Sebz said:

Better yet, illegal faction leaders, start making gangs where they're not supposed to be. The Armenians are a pretty good example of this. That area isn't a slum but there's criminal activity happening.

bro, I don't think you realize how dumb you sound.

In real life, AP13 exists in Little Armenia which is pretty much a section of East Hollywood. In GTAV, Hollywood is essentially Vinewood so it makes sense.

Just because an area seems rich or wealthy doesn't mean that crime cannot be committed in said areas. 

Edited by xdthe
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic