XMR - Need some help.

Weston

I've come to notice that there is so many XMR stations that are broken and decided I would like one of my own, to help enhance the environment I'm trying to roleplay.

I've searched the forums for a while now but I've struggled to find any to little information surrounding the XMR stations. I've found a guide but it seems to be outdated and also not particular clear with the original creator not being on the forums for several months. 

Hopefully someone can answer my questions which would be highly appreciated! , just to give me more clarity.

Question 1:

• With Gold & Platinum donator it says you can get a custom radio channel, is this the same as "XMR Hosting"? or is custom radio station just a station only I can hear? 

Question 1a:

• If it is the same, how do I add a station?

Question 2:

• Is there any guides to setting up the XMR radio that's up to date?

1) No, you will make your own station and it will stay permanently on the server. Hosting doesnt stay permanently, but you dont have to create your own radio server on the link below. I honestly dont know any advantage of paying 30 World points each month for radio hosting, when I can make my own radio and it stays permanently.

2) There is detailed working guide here, instead of the paid hosting server in the guide, use this one https://freeshoutcast.com/

I am using it for  a long time, no problems. It has 1 GB space.

Edited by RealisticSteak
5 hours ago, RealisticSteak said:

1) No, you will make your own station and it will stay permanently on the server. Hosting doesnt stay permanently, but you dont have to create your own radio server on the link below. I honestly dont know any advantage of paying 30 World points each month for radio hosting, when I can make my own radio and it stays permanently.

2) There is detailed working guide here, instead of the paid hosting server in the guide, use this one https://freeshoutcast.com/

I am using it for  a long time, no problems. It has 1 GB space.

All sorted now, thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...