would this PC be enough?

idkabtname

I know how to check for system requirements, but I heard many friends that say ragemp is poorly optimized and doesn't run well on older pc specs. I'm kind of aware that my PC is quite old and shitty and I'm considering a RAM upgrade. However I'm debating whether or not will it be worth it. My current specs are: Intel i5-4460 @ 3.20 GHz CPU, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, 4 GB RAM DDR3.

Basically what I wanna do is upgrade to 16 GB RAM DDR3, because my processor and motherboard don't support DDR4. However I don't know whether or not this will be enough for rageMP / GTA:W lol.

If someone would be kind enough to answer me I would greatly appreciate it!

My old setup I ran a AMD FX6300 with a GTX 980 I believe, I ran it on medium with around 60 fps.

4 gigs of ram is definitely not enough though, my old PC was even struggling with 8gb so I upgraded it to 12, that fixed a lot of problems. You should definitely be able to play if you put in some more ram.

15 minutes ago, idkabtname said:

so i guess if i scale down my resolution i would be able to achieve good (60+) fps?

You could try 720p,  the GPU is enough for 1080/1444p but try getting at least 8 gb or 16 in the future

My pc struggles with the graphics maxed but its more a rage issue

Edited by Xaleya
2 minutes ago, idkabtname said:

yeah i've seen the reviews and benchmarks. i guess the fact that i have DDR3 won't affect performance that much, right?

It's a good build for moving Rage MP, the only issue is the ram itself, just get more. DDR3 won't affect that much when you are at 16 GB, maybe 5 fps or 10 in difference with Ryzen or other intel builds, but not much.

Edited by Xaleya
  • Rohan. locked this topic