Thoughts on police response times?

Yoshijira

The fact this is even a discussion is sad. If you try to limit the police response times OOCly, you'll have no one in Davis for you to conduct your crimes on. People will avoid it EVEN MORE if they know OOCly the police are restricted in how fast they can respond if something goes wrong.

Can't agree with the response time thing but I do think it's an issue more robberies occur in Vinewood than Davis. No real fix for it unless cop rpers patrol there with minimal RP. Stop being so trigger happy and maybe the cops won't respond in one second. That being said, it is annoying you can't even have time to type one emote after a fight because the response time is crazy. Takes half a minute to type a decent emote but cops respond in half that time. I understand the frustration but there's really no good fix.

2 hours ago, eTaylor said:

I’m of the opinion that you should conduct your crime with the belief that a police officer can roll up any second, regardless of circumstances or time of day. These are basic risks you take.  

Also, if you have a South Central character who thinks that police response in their district is excessive (and I'd agree, seeing armored vehicles, choppers and 7+ cars could perhaps look excessive to the average South Central inhabitant who is used to hearing gunfire) write to your local Senator.

Edited by Koko
12 minutes ago, Koko said:

and I'd agree, seeing armored vehicles, choppers and 7+ cars could perhaps look excessive to the average South Central inhabitant who is used to hearing gunfire

I’ve experienced this and to be honest it’s not like they’re just hovering around waiting for you to shoot your gun. I’ve only experienced this during peak, but every time without fail it’s always someone who’s barricaded or shot up the police down the block. When you go shoot someone you have to be aware of your surroundings, why go hot on a hot block? And people significantly underestimated the helicopter and it’s camera. This isn’t SAMP, you can hear gunshots from afar. If the PD is doing a raid or something down the block and your dumbass decides that now is the time to cock that glock then you deserved that Darwin Award. 

27 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I’ve experienced this and to be honest it’s not like they’re just hovering around waiting for you to shoot your gun. I’ve only experienced this during peak, but every time without fail it’s always someone who’s barricaded or shot up the police down the block. When you go shoot someone you have to be aware of your surroundings, why go hot on a hot block? And people significantly underestimated the helicopter and it’s camera. This isn’t SAMP, you can hear gunshots from afar. If the PD is doing a raid or something down the block and your dumbass decides that now is the time to cock that glock then you deserved that Darwin Award. 

Oh yeah yeah, I'm not disagreeing on an OOC basis, I'm just saying that with the current state of political RP if you want to make a case against militarization of the police, it's a perfectly IC situation. In fact, nudge nudge, maybe illegals could, wink wink, benefit from the apparently liberal political/senatorial climate to, elbow elbow, try to control the narrative to have PD's leash pulled fully through RP to further their interests.

Edited by Koko

Space gangs outside of the normal neighborhoods and map in aesthetics to farther away areas to influence new faction concepts. 

Take GTA SA's map, Glen Park is a drive from IDK, Willowfield...? So spacing gangs out would be better overall, but that's up to faction leaders and mappers to come up with concepts for farther away neighborhoods to make them feel more poverty struck. 

Edited by Ronnie two poles
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Yoshijira said:

As of right now, it simply feels ridiculous and straight up unrealistic, at least from the perspective of a South Central Gang RP'er, as to how quick PD responds. Go ahead and fire off a firearm within the heart of Davis, Rancho, Chamberlain or Vespucci. You'll almost certainly have seven cruisers, one helicopter and a dozen more units within five to ten seconds flat. And this isn't hyperbole, its legitimate personal experience. The average IRL Los Angeles South Central police response times range from a solid "8-30" minutes for reported violent crimes. While there are server and map limitations, yes, the absolute contrast between less than second seconds in game and more than ten minutes in real life is just unimmersive.

However, an almost opposite thing occurs to higher upper class areas. Places such as Mirror Park, Rockford Hills and so forth will seldom EVER have police respond at the same rate that cops patrolling in South Central do. The fact that it is somehow easier and legally safer for an illegal RP'er to commit crimes in middle to upper class areas than South Central is something that in my opinion should be addressed.

I can tell you why the response in regions mentioned above is so fast. For Davis, Rancho and Chamberlain are high risk areas and PD station is right beyond the highway. Vespucci is high risk area as well and as Vespucci rper, we were told IC, that we are being watched so it is only natural that patrol car is always right behind the next corner in such areas. In real life, patrols in high risk areas are usually boosted and have more manpower at immediate disposal. 

18 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I can tell you why the response in regions mentioned above is so fast. For Davis, Rancho and Chamberlain are high risk areas and PD station is right beyond the highway. Vespucci is high risk area as well and as Vespucci rper, we were told IC, that we are being watched so it is only natural that patrol car is always right behind the next corner in such areas. In real life, patrols in high risk areas are usually boosted and have more manpower at immediate disposal. 

Not to mention it’s a small map. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Koko said:

Also, if you have a South Central character who thinks that police response in their district is excessive (and I'd agree, seeing armored vehicles, choppers and 7+ cars could perhaps look excessive to the average South Central inhabitant who is used to hearing gunfire) write to your local Senator.

Dear Sir,

My name is Ronald Earl Johnson III., I'm a hard working long term voter of your party, but I gotta say: Can you maybe not do something against the ridiculously fast police response times in our ghetto? It's basically impossible to run as much as a block as soon as one of the people I rob or sell drugs to calls the cops on me!

Sincerely yours-

I mean, it'd be very gta

• Wuhtah locked this topic