Blood Indicators On Scenes

SULLI

42 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

This is a game, investigation departments already have enough tools you guys just don't utilize them properly. If you add blood splatters I could be involved in a shootout get hit and escape and y'all can pinpoint me to a scene. Now from that point you're gathering warrants etc, gun residue tests etc and I'm fucked. Remember this is a game. Criminals already have a massive underhand, this'll just make your already easy job easier.

I think you have no clue how many shootings we choose to not investigate.
Come on a scene:
Dead guy, he's not online;

100 bullet casings

No witnesses.

Bag the casings, write a short report & that's it. No investigation, no arrests made.

Criminals do not have a massive underhand. If you shoot someone in public, you're bound to get found & caught.

Currently, someone gets shot and unless a direct witness or security camera can prove who did it, the person goes free b/c we lack evidence?
Get your facts straight smh

12 minutes ago, Yoshijira said:

Realism is fine and well and all, but why is there another update for realism in favor of LEO and Legal RP'ers coming at the disadvantage of Illegal RP'ers again?

If you want a suggestion for realism, start pushing forward updates that also SUPPORT Illegal RP'ers that are realistic. 

There's also the very HIGH possibility of this being abused by PD, but w/e.

How can ANYONE (PD/SD, thank you.) abuse this?
If the script would literally be made to be used by forensic techs. Usage of non-forensic techs would be heavily restricted.

1 minute ago, BjornV said:

Criminals do not have a massive underhand. If you shoot someone in public, you're bound to get found & caught.

This is what you're saying:

Get shot at, shoot back, kill the shooter. You bleed and run off. The shooter is PKed and respawned 3 minutes later.

Why do I, the killer, have to entertain forensic roleplay at my expense? You do realize that if caught, I'm stuck in prison for at least an OOC month. In that time? Many decide to drop their character.

Criminals already think 100 times before shooting nowadays, you don't need to give them another reason. 

4 minutes ago, BjornV said:

Come on a scene:

100 bullet casings

No witnesses.

Bag the casings, write a short report & that's it. No investigation, no arrests made.

Currently, someone gets shot and unless a direct witness or security camera can prove who did it, the person goes free b/c we lack evidence?

If the script would literally be made to be used by forensic techs. Usage of non-forensic techs would be heavily restricted.

You completely missed my point. 

Just now, sleek said:

Get shot at, shoot back, kill the shooter. You bleed and run off. The shooter is PKed and respawned 3 minutes later.

Why do I, the killer, have to entertain forensic roleplay at my expense? You do realize that if caught, I'm stuck in prison for at least an OOC month. In that time? Many decide to drop their character.

Criminals already think 100 times before shooting nowadays, you don't need to give them another reason. 

Call the police & state self defense.

You /could/ get charged for an illegal gun but not for murder/manslaughter/discharge etc

Or go to court & prove it was self defense there.

And a month is overexaggarated.

Plus. You could clean the crime scene.

3 minutes ago, sleek said:

Are you saying that it's wrong that people think 100 times before they shoot someone? And about your situation, you can just get rid of the gun and any evidence making you a shooter and then claim the guy just shot at you and you ran away.

Now talking on topic. I think this is an important feature in order to improve the realism on the server with regards to investigative roleplay.

Edited by Rozi
Just now, BjornV said:

Call the police & state self defense.

You /could/ get charged for an illegal gun but not for murder/manslaughter/discharge etc

Or go to court & prove it was self defense there.

And a month is overexaggarated.

Plus. You could clean the crime scene.

A month is not overexaggerated. Look at some court cases that claimed self defense, they've been going on for more than a month.

Why do I have to call the police to protect myself when the other party involved shared the same risk but faced 0 backlash? It's not fair for somebody to be followed for days/weeks/months until caught for questioning/arrest when the losing party respawned minutes later. If anything? This just promotes dying on shootouts instead. It's not worth walking out alive from a shootout.

CCTV is already there, K9 is already there, many systems are already put in place for LEA to catch on with a criminal. Another means is definitely not needed.

4 minutes ago, Rozi said:

Are you saying that it's wrong that people think 100 times before they shoot someone?

No.

2 minutes ago, sleek said:

A month is not overexaggerated. Look at some court cases that claimed self defense, they've been going on for more than a month.

Why do I have to call the police to protect myself when the other party involved shared the same risk but faced 0 backlash? It's not fair for somebody to be followed for days/weeks/months until caught for questioning/arrest when the losing party respawned minutes later. If anything? This just promotes dying on shootouts instead. It's not worth walking out alive from a shootout.

CCTV is already there, K9 is already there, many systems are already put in place for LEA to catch on with a criminal. Another means is definitely not needed.

No.

How does K9 catch a criminal???

I don't see cops making suggestions to remove device scanners because they're "op".

CCTV is subject to dual party consent in most situationd which means it almost never gets used. The only, ONLY way we have to find a criminal is by matching bullet casings which is a major shot in the dark based on luck. Most times, casings lead to absolutely nothing unless we already got the gun in our custody.

Blood splatters could easily be cleaned with the proper RP & would be more RP.

Why would you have to call PD or prove self defense? I am not gonna bother responding to this. All I'll say is:

It. Is. Roleplay. 

not an ooc punishment 

7 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

You completely missed my point. 

Did I? Then your point was not in the context of your post.

14 minutes ago, BjornV said:

Come on a scene:

100 bullet casings

No witnesses.

LEO's, PD in particular, generally tend to push for arrest and search warrants at an excess rate, from what I've personally experienced. Now, is this something I can necessarily fault somebody on? No. It's likely fun for the player, so I won't discount them for that, just like in the same vein that I won't discount some Illegal RP'ers for outright seeking conflict based RP.

It also doesn't take into account that the current combat system utilized in GTA:W is unrealistic. People DO NOT get the opportunity to pull guns when being shot in real life. They are shot, they do not get to scroll their weapon IRL, they die. The majority of gang-related shootings are generally out in public late at night too may I add. There are no grandiose preparations to be had for such murders. The perpetrators often don't get caught either.

People on this server do get to scroll guns. Either the defender himself ends up getting thrown into jail for possession of an unregistered firearm w/o a license, or for possessing one as a convicted felon. Or the perpetrator of the murder gets caught due to unrealistic game mechanics. It is a lose lose solely for illegal RP'ers.

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • Jeff_ unlocked this topic