Lower the maximum rent price of properties

Aquila

the current maximum price is basically inviting people to abuse it

better save the trouble and reduce the maximum to something that people won't misuse whether intentional or not. $5k rent = bad

idk what a normal rent price is tbh. $500? basically any maximum that people won't get banned for, if they rent their property out to alts

• Upvote 1

I brought this up to someone after something occurred. I think because of the beginner paychecks people felt it was more okay but even with that money its way too much. Other than being a door for transferring cash its possible for people to abuse it to sell IG money for IRL cash over a period of time. 

The hourly paycheck is $500, if people wanted to pay larger rents I'd rather they do actual money transfers of some kind. The max rent should be at or below $2,000. 

I'm sorry, but to me this reads like:

"How slowly do I need to transfer money between my alts for me not to be punished?"

For this to be entirely impossible to abuse for money transfers, I see only 2 solutions:

1) Do not allow characters from the same master account to rent at each others' properties.

Or

2) Allow them to rent anyway but make the money disappear instead of going to the cashbox if the renter character is from the same master account as the owner.

Either way there should be a text warning of what is going to happen and why when you rent at a property belonging to your alt.

4 hours ago, MalteseWolf said:

I'm sorry, but to me this reads like:

"How slowly do I need to transfer money between my alts for me not to be punished?"

For this to be entirely impossible to abuse for money transfers, I see only 2 solutions:

1) Do not allow characters from the same master account to rent at each others' properties.

Or

2) Allow them to rent anyway but make the money disappear instead of going to the cashbox if the renter character is from the same master account as the owner.

Either way there should be a text warning of what is going to happen and why when you rent at a property belonging to your alt.

Both are silly tbh. That can easily be abused by the majority of the server who play together in groups. I could rent from a friend, and vice versa, and the money is still being transferred over.

I don't understand the problem with money transfers via rent. The characters are characters, regardless of who owns them. But that's not really the discussion topic here.

51 minutes ago, Rahikeru said:

Both are silly tbh. That can easily be abused by the majority of the server who play together in groups. I could rent from a friend, and vice versa, and the money is still being transferred over.

I don't understand the problem with money transfers via rent. The characters are characters, regardless of who owns them. But that's not really the discussion topic here.

That's true but what he is suggesting is that straight transferring money between your characters isn't possible. I think option 2 is a great idea for fixing that. The rent is still taken and it goes into space. 

Option 1 just makes it impossible to rent one of your character's properties at all. I'm not for that really. There is still some types of abuse that can take place without rent but it'd be pretty noticeable if someone was taking guns/drugs that way. 

Your ideas could work together. 

For money transfers, I have a suggestion up that advocates having a way to transfer assets with taxes included. That'd still have admins opinion involved for if it'll be accepted or not but it's the best way to handle it IMO. 

The solution is simple really;

Make an adjustment so that if your alts rent at your property (Not letting alts rent at all would be counter productive imo), money isn't taken from them but they are still able to rent. That or set a maximum of $50-$100 for alts for the sake of roleplay, but a higher limit for other players.

As for that limit, I'd say something that's in-line with the current pay for scripted jobs so that it can be kept affordable for everyone. Landlords could ask for a deposit for an example if they wanted to charge a little extra.

Edited by Moonsong
Just now, Moonsong said:

The solution is simple really;

Make an adjustment so that if your alts rent at your property, money isn't taken from them but they are still able to rent. That or set a maximum of $50-$100 for alts for the sake of roleplay, but a higher limit for other players.

As for that limit, I'd say something that's in-line with the current pay for scripted jobs so that it can be kept affordable for everyone. Landlords could ask for a deposit for an example if they wanted to charge a little extra.

Like I said before, that's going to encourage group money transfers. Although we already know that a lot of people do that anyway. 

Was just an example figure (the alternative like I said is not to take money from alts but allow them to rent still), could be a much more nominal amount. If people are going to that lengths to move money between characters then that's an administrative issue. No point in penalising the many for the actions of a silly few.

Edited by Moonsong