62 pages of game suggestions...what gives?

Ronnie two poles

18 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

If the community has enough money to equalize my current monthly salary + account for all the other devs. I'd be down for that.

I doubt it has that much (if it does, I'm in the wrong industry,) but taking on a freelance model and paying out a few hundred bucks here and there for particularly drudgerous tasks that simply have to get done may not be out of the question.

With regards to the original post: most communities I've been a part of work the same way, and I doubt GTAW is different. Generally, suggestions are gently filtered - with their implementation based mostly on whether a dev wants to take up the project and a member of management doesn't say "no." This isn't subject to change. You're not going to force someone to do something in their free time, and managements across communities are rather inflexible about what they will and won't permit.

Paying devs might add incentive to do some of the tedious work, but unless the server brings in far more money than I'm estimating, we won't have devs "on staff" or anything to power through that to-do list.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:10 AM, eTaylor said:

If only we had a roadmap.

If I could find a way to make it myself, I'd probably make a street-view gallery for map.gta.world so it's easier to see what certain areas look like, for those interested in requesting ints, leases, or buying property existing there, instead of having them google a certain part of the map like i do

3 minutes ago, Wynters said:

If I could find a way to make it myself, I'd probably make a street-view gallery for map.gta.world so it's easier to see what certain areas look like, for those interested in requesting ints, leases, or buying property existing there, instead of having them google a certain part of the map like i do

That’s not what I meant with roadmap, but that pretty cool too! 

On 2/23/2021 at 10:33 PM, BigSmileLing said:

The problem is not that there are 62 pages of suggestions, the problem is that there are really annoying bug reports still not fixed, I would rather they fix all those bugs than add new things.

This, to be honest.

I’m baffled by how there’s plenty of bugs on the server & missing features there were promised ages ago; only for the updates that are rolled out to basically just contain content that’s very much niche and/or only used/seen by a small minority of people.

It’s like those failed kickstarters for games where 2 years pass and all they’ve shown is a cool animation & some concept art.

Not to discredit the work of developers of course, I know it can be taxing to create anything (especially for a game like this) but I can’t help but look at the suggestions list and think to myself “Why hasn’t this been added yet? Why is there no response or even some form of ‘Pending/In Progress’ tag given to it? What server features take priority to the dev team and how is that priority decided?”.

These suggestions need conclusions at the minimum, and even if that means being slapped with a denial; it’s better than just leaving the threads to die in the back and neglect them so that players don’t only have to get answers beyond the times they kick up a fuss like seen in the Airplane Intro Removal suggestion.

Edited by TinPan
  • Wuhtah locked this topic