62 pages of game suggestions...what gives?

Ronnie two poles

On 2/21/2021 at 12:16 PM, Biscuit said:

Man 62 pages it a lot?

Shit Adobe has to get their shit together https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Discord also has to jump on that stuff https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Shit... Spotify is in the same gutter as well https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/idb-p/ideas_live

As much as I agree with what KinnyWynny had to say, I can't believe you're comparing our suggestion list to what? You are comparing the suggestion list of one of the biggest software companies, one of the biggest online chat services, and arguably the biggest music streaming service to GTA:W.

If anything, our suggestion list page is just shy half of what Adobe's is, that's pretty embarrassing then if you consider proportion, no?

52 minutes ago, Blowin' Hollows said:

As much as I agree with what KinnyWynny had to say, I can't believe you're comparing our suggestion list to what? You are comparing the suggestion list of one of the biggest software companies, one of the biggest online chat services, and arguably the biggest music streaming service to GTA:W.

If anything, our suggestion list page is just shy half of what Adobe's is, that's pretty embarrassing then if you consider proportion, no?

What's your suggestion as a solution to the issue? The issue is;

- We're all volunteering as staff and developers and develop in our free time.

- There's too many suggestions coming in to the size of the development team.

- Similar to every single community I've developed for, the suggestion list got full af due to just the lack of manpower.

Edited by Biscuit
3 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

- Similar to every single community I've developed for, the suggestion list got full as fuck due to just the lack of manpower.

I already said I agreed with KinnyWynny and that it is a place for suggestions, it's not a to-do list, I just found it absurd that you were comparing multi-million dollar companies to GTA:W.

1 minute ago, Blowin' Hollows said:

I already said I agreed with KinnyWynny and that it is a place for suggestions, it's not a to-do list, I just found it absurd that you were comparing multi-million dollar companies to GTA:W.

But the "multi-million dollar companies" have the exact same issue as GTA:W when it comes to solving suggestions,

Apart from the volunteering and developing in free-time part, everything else remains the same. No matter the scope and size, The issue echoes everywhere, even in the company that I'm currently working with, we got a huuuuge suggestion list and they're being voted on in a heavy manner and they're all really good suggestions, but due to the lack of manpower, we can't handle it all.

The scale doesn't matter when the issue is the same. No matter how big or small we are, it's always going to be like that. I would link you to other communities I've been apart of and their suggestion lists to show you what exactly I mean by that.

7 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

But the "multi-million dollar companies" have the exact same issue as GTA:W when it comes to solving suggestions,

Apart from the volunteering and developing in free-time part, everything else remains the same. No matter the scope and size, The issue echoes everywhere, even in the company that I'm currently working with, we got a huuuuge suggestion list and they're being voted on in a heavy manner and they're all really good suggestions, but due to the lack of manpower, we can't handle it all.

The scale doesn't matter when the issue is the same. No matter how big or small we are, it's always going to be like that. I would link you to other communities I've been apart of and their suggestion lists to show you what exactly I mean by that.

I have just gone on both of the most populated English speaking role play servers on SAMP and checked their forums. I'll happily say they are not as bad as this forums suggestion area, in fact, they're neater and whilst they're both very populated and both have people who are volunteers, are somehow able to keep their suggestion forum 100x neater than the one here.

8dHP1CW.png

kKGKCwG.png

I even went on a text-based HL2RP server to double check my suspicions, despite it being 20 pages, this section is also for bug reports too, and a lot of the rejected suggestions have not been moved to the right section.

WvH9sWS.png

I have just checked three separate communities on two different platforms and whilst their PB may not be as high as ours, their suggestion forums are not as cluttered as they are here.

Edited by Blowin' Hollows
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Blowin' Hollows said:

I have just gone on both of the most English speaking role play servers on SAMP and checked their forums. I'll happily say they are not as bad as this forums suggestion area, in fact, they're neater and whilst they're both very populated and both have people who are volunteers, are somehow able to keep their suggestion forum 100x neater than the one here.

8dHP1CW.png

kKGKCwG.png

I even went on a text-based HL2RP server to double check my suspicions, despite it being 20 pages, this section is also for bug reports too, and a lot of the rejected suggestions have not been moved to the right section.

WvH9sWS.png

I have just checked three separate communities on two different platforms and whilst their PB may not be as high as ours, their suggestion forums are not as cluttered as they are here.

I do like the idea of "cleaning up the suggestion forum" I have absolutely nothing against that.

Taking nebulous for example, they have a really clean suggestion forum, and something like that to be put into GTA:W, that would be awesome!

I'm gonna back down from my point, you've clearly proven me wrong and I'm not gonna continue dragging my point through the mud.

What I've gathered from the conversation as far as I understand is;
There could be better moderation taking nebulous for example, they have a really advance and clean method of handing suggestions.

In which I totally agree and would work with.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

I do like the idea of "cleaning up the suggestion forum" I have absolutely nothing against that.

Taking nebulous for example, they have a really clean suggestion forum, and something like that to be put into GTA:W, that would be awesome!

I'm gonna back down from my point, you've clearly proven me wrong and I'm not gonna continue dragging my point through the mud.

What I've gathered from the conversation as far as I understand is;
There could be better moderation taking nebulous for example, they have a really advance and clean method of handing suggestions.

In which I totally agree and would work with.

I think that's what a portion of this discussion was meant to be about, the fact that it's so cluttered. I can't imagine how the suggestions in the middle pages are ever going to ever reach daylight, unless if somebody randomly bumps them (and who is randomly gonna go to page 30-40 in the suggestion section?). Either say no, we aren't interested in doing this or say, hey we may add this in a future update, thank you for the suggestion.

It's not that difficult, as I showed, other communities have successfully done it in the past, why can't GTAW?

I honestly think a better way to put suggestions forward would be; https://trello.com/b/7Vw5mDsA/suggestions-board

Easier to manage, people can upvote, give comments. The staff team could easily go through and view them and say yes or no. Ideally Developers should be one of the first ports of call due to a lot of suggestions may not even be feasible to implement, so there'd be no use in discussing it.

A major thing with suggestions is that some topics really cause a debate. This (https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/43521-blood-indicators-on-scenes/?do=findComment&comment=416207) suggestion was posted and within 24 hours had 7 pages of comments and I can already tell that it is primarily a back and forth between some parties. Having to go through those suggestions and reading 7 pages costs a great deal of time.

17 hours ago, Biscuit said:

- Similar to every single community I've developed for, the suggestion list got full af due to just the lack of manpower.

Pay devs.

• Wuhtah locked this topic