[STATE] OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE - APPOINTMENT OF STATE TREASURER

Lomadias

3Q9lVLG.png

APPOINTMENT OF THE STATE TREASURER

The State of San Andreas formally recognizes the confirmation and appointment of Cecil Grosvenor as the new State Treasurer into one of the few executive offices of the state, after nomination by Lieutenant Governor Francis Holland and confirmation by the State Senate.

Serving as the chief custodian of the State’s Treasury, Mr. Grosvenor will oversee and manage the state’s finances, maintaining a strict oversight on various investments, debt and risk management, budgeting, and disaster preparation.

Cecil Grosvenor is a well-renowned civil servant and economist with more than thirty years’ experience in government administration, public policy, and economic affairs. Swiftly rising through the ranks of government office, Grosvenor started out as a public and fiscal legislative writer for eight years before becoming the Senior Political and Policy Advisor for the Government taking an active role in influencing and directing government policy on matters of social and economic importance.

Grosvenor took a brief hiatus in 2018 in order to spend some time formulating his own ideas, drafting and writing research reports and books on modern political science, international relations, and aspects of the economy, mainly focusing on different agents of the State of San Andreas, amongst other countries around the globe.

Grosvenor’s research has been fundamental in analysing and understanding international political models, the systems of governance in the United States and throughout Europe, and the theories of economic self-sufficiency. Upon his return to the civil service in January 2021, Grosvenor joined as the Policy Advisor and Legislative Assistant to Senator Frank Ernst of the Northern District before being nominated for State Treasurer by Lieutenant Governor Holland, a month after his return.

The Senate convened on 15th February 2021 to discuss Mr. Grosvenor’s appointment.

IFBClwg.png 

In his opening statement, Mr. Grosvenor delivered a short, yet impressive declamation, stating:

“I'm of the firm belief that this state should be taking an active role and interest in managing and safeguarding public funds, and in helping secure the economic future of the state and its people. I also believe the State Treasurer's Office should be taking a very primary role in the investment of small start-up businesses that wish to contribute a lot to the economy, especially into public financial and teaching institutions, areas of transportation projects, sustainable energy and certainly housing. It is absolutely vital for the public to start trusting and believing in a system that can ensure financial transparency and can work for the people and their interests. Thank you.”

A number of questions were put to the nominee by the presiding Senators, including clarification on the plans sought to be in motion once in office alongside the general responsibilities such office bears. Mr. Grosvenor’s confirmation was then pushed to a full and final vote by the entire Senate shortly after, with a unanimous vote in his favour.

Upon his appointment, Mr. Grosvenor makes clear his goals in the coming months as he settles into the position:

“My ultimate priority is dedicated to financial transparency, protecting the state’s financial health, and advancing policies that I strictly believe best serve the state’s interests. This means my first priority will be to focus on making sure the state invests in three main areas that will help maximise returns; education, small-businesses, and affordable housing. Of course, my office will be looking into other avenues and state investment opportunities which are of vital importance. I want to actively start looking into them in order to boost our state’s economic standing and truly make our mark as the country’s largest and strongest economy.”

mq6Gcd5.png

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic