how to change where screenshots/camera save

18Cowboys

ive been putting my camera things and screenshots on my hard drive bc i have a spot on my hard drive for ragemp pictures and a spot on my ssd for the other things like the actual program of ragemp but recently i noticed they've been going to my ssd n i dont want to take up all my ssd space with pictures so how do i change where they save bc i dont remember how i did it before lol

The only way to get it off of your SSD would be to change which drive RAGEMP is installed to, and while I've never had any issues with having it setup this way some people end up having issues with the server when their GTA V and RAGEMP are located on different drives.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:06 PM, 18Cowboys said:

ive been putting my camera things and screenshots on my hard drive bc i have a spot on my hard drive for ragemp pictures and a spot on my ssd for the other things like the actual program of ragemp but recently i noticed they've been going to my ssd n i dont want to take up all my ssd space with pictures so how do i change where they save bc i dont remember how i did it before lol

Right so, RageMP always stores camera screenshots under "screenshots/play_gta_world_22005". What you want to do is create a symbolic link between where RageMP stores the screenshots and where you actually want to store them.

First thing first, you need to create a folder on your hard drive where you want to store your screenshots, for example:

"D:\Rage Screenshots", So this is an example of a folder made on the D Partition, at it's root.

What you need to do now is move all your screenshots from "RAGEMP/screenshots/play_gta_world_22005" to your newly created folder, and then delete the "play_gta_world_22005" folder.

Next, you need to open the command prompt as an administrator. Just press the windows key, write CMD, right click on "Command Prompt" and click run as administrator.

You will now need to create a link between the folder on your hard drive, in this case "D:\Rage Screenshots" and where ragemp stores it's screenshots. This can be done by using this command:

mklink /D "C:\Program Files\RAGEMP\screenshots\play_gta_world_22005" "D:\Rage Screenshots"

You will need to replace "C:\Program Files\RAGEMP\screenshots\play_gta_world_22005" to the exact location where you deleted the play_gta_world_22005 folder.

You will also need to replace the "D:\Rage Screenshots" to where you will be storing the screenshots on your hard drive. Make sure you keep the quotes around the location.

To break down the command:

• mklink stands for MAKE LINK, a link is basically a shortcut.
  •  The "/D" parameter specifies that your link will be a symbolic/soft link, meaning that everything you put in the folder A, which is linked to folder B will be simply redirected to folder B.
  • "C:\Program Files\RAGEMP\screenshots\play_gta_world_22005" is where your link will be created (Your A folder mentioned before)
  • "D:\Rage Screenshots" is where the folder actually is (Folder B mentioned before), and where everything you put in folder A will go.

If you done everything correctly, your folder should have a small shortcut symbol like that.

ET0ptrF.png

I hope this works for you. If you encounter any difficulties, let me know please and I'll guide you through it again.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Rohan. locked this topic