Why are poker refund requests being denied?

RoryR

So I had two poker refund requests open for months, and they've both been denied for no apparent reason. 1, 2

I spoke with the admin who denied them who told me that refunds for the infamous A-5 straight bug were not being considered (not sure why as it is most definitely a bug and requests for that exact same bug have been accepted in the past).

I then explained how only a part of one of the requests was in regards to that bug, then I'm told "It doesn't matter. It's decided that poker refunds are denied."

I asked why that was the case, ignored. Added Nervous to the conversation since I was told he was involved in the decision and same thing, ignored.

So what gives? Why are some bugs being accepted for refund requests and others aren't? Completely unfair.

This is the reason why, unofficially at-least;

"if you want your accepted, someone else needs to return the money cause they got it by a bug".

Technically, this can be abused big-time and can spawn money into circulation on a big scale, so, with that in mind, admins have the right to refuse the refund.

What should've been done is it should've been handled on-the-spot by the person who got the money and if there were any issues you could've reported them. If you are up to roleplay it: This can also be treated as an IC issue and can be disputed to the dealer ICly.

Whilst the answer may not satisfy everyone, the question was technically answered and I know people are gonna have issues with my post, but I have no authority to change what is fact.

Either way, this post is most likely gonna end up in the Archived Section pretty soon, if you disagree with the admin's decision; https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/32-staff-report-information/

3 hours ago, Biscuit said:

This is the reason why, unofficially at-least;

"if you want your accepted, someone else needs to return the money cause they got it by a bug".

Technically, this can be abused big-time and can spawn money into circulation on a big scale, so, with that in mind, admins have the right to refuse the refund.

What should've been done is it should've been handled on-the-spot by the person who got the money and if there were any issues you could've reported them. If you are up to roleplay it: This can also be treated as an IC issue and can be disputed to the dealer ICly.

Whilst the answer may not satisfy everyone, the question was technically answered and I know people are gonna have issues with my post, but I have no authority to change what is fact.

Either way, this post is most likely gonna end up in the Archived Section pretty soon, if you disagree with the admin's decision; https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/32-staff-report-information/

The only way it can be abused is by admins not taking the money from the person who wrongfully got it, which they did for a number of months. What if the person who got the money refuses to give it back, I guess you do a refund req- oh wait. This is all beyond dumb. The staff team have been aware of the bugs around poker for well over a year and disregarded them time and time again. Now they're not even letting people be refunded from use of the bug riddled script.

@Nervous this is dumb.

People are losing money due to a bug and other people are getting free money and nothing is being done besides telling you they need to return the money themselves? Yeah, that’s asinine. Makes no sense. Take the money from the person who the bug happened to and give it back to the person asking for the refund. No “spawning” money is necessary. This is a simple solution.

Edited by Sixty
  • Thanks 1

I agree, the fact that we haven't gotten a 100% functioning poker script on a server with this many players is weird. If players aren't refunded for bug in a script that, to everyone who isn't a developer, looks like an easy script, it seems like there's a hidden agenda to demotivate poker players and gambling over all. 

Edited by Jägerbomb

The fact that there is a game-breaking issue that costs people IC money for an OOC bug and the current stance is, “Oh well. We can’t do anything, but sorry you can’t get your money back”. That’s just plain wrong

Turn the script off until it’s fixed? 

Edited by Sixty

What it looks like they're saying is that you need to attempt to get your money back from the person it went to, and if they're not cooperative you need to report it so admins can take it from the people that won it and give it back to you to avoid big amounts of money being injected into circulation.

Just a refund request and potential bug report won't be enough, it seems. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic