The issue with ULSA

Trupiano

The guidelines don't make 100% sense to me honestly. If I'm correct then ULSA is based off of the USC campus in LA, which in real life is surrounded by vicious street gangs (Possibly the most vicious in the city, according to locals) and ontop of that, some gang members also attend USC, even MS-13 members attend USC.

Who said there was gonna be a mob subset at the school? Nobody did, the guys were literally just developing their characters as young people going to college (Keep in mind, there's ways to get around the college fees, such as student loans) and there's alot that makes sense about young people who are involved in illegal shit attending a college.

Just now, Codac said:

selling a tiny bit of weed and trying to RP hard ass gangsters that carry guns on campus and try to recruit campus kids for the mob are two completely different things, my friend.

UTPpR6j.png

Yes because this looks like they're RPing hardcore gangbangers.

You do realize that there are two different groups of Italians trying to do RP on ULSA right? There's the Magellan Avenue group which is who I'm talking about and another group who is literally doing the shit your describing and walking around campus speaking in (Italian).

When you do the application for the faction, there is a large box that lets you quite freely state if you're going in with the mindset to be 'corrupt'. Doing shady shit, going against legal norms, however you want to put it. This isn't hidden, anyone who is wanting to apply can see this. If you wanted to go in as someone who has ties to such gangs / connections / mobs should honestly state that that is what their character is. There is accommodation for that sort of RP. If you lied on the application and it was then found out, damn...sucks to be you I guess.

I don't think there's even an issue with dealers, if they AT LEAST rubbed braincells together. For reference I went to a UK university, the placement of the uni is at the edge of the city centre, but it's very close to quite a few rough areas and on top of that it isnt some gated off campus like ULSA is. Drug's were relatively easy to come by, but it was a case of a text, meet up somewhere close on the lip between city centre and where they were dealing, and then you went back to your student life of comfort and wasted 9K. They BARELY did any business near or around the buildings.

On 3 occasions in less than 10 days. Someone has walked up to me either on the sidewalk right outside ULSA, or tresspassed or been dumb enough to go into the main campus and go "Do you want to buy drugs?" Lit up like a Christmas tree with all the CCTV in the world very obviously being set up to see it. Come on.

It's insane how ungrateful people turn out to be. You haven't had a campus to RP on for years and ULSA is still a young faction. Instead of appreciating and giving it time to grow, you go and make this outrageous thread complaining how it doesn't let you and your friends do the RP that you wish for. Be considerate. 

• Cheezy locked this topic