Your thoughts on law enforcement and jail?

Amellis

1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

It's open court. What do you think, you can just give the statement and not take the stand in the court? That's not how it goes. Whatever you said it's worth little to zero if you don't take the stand.

A judge has the power to take evidence in closed court where there are legitimate grounds for closing the court.

Just now, Greyfeather said:

A judge has the power to take evidence in closed court where there are legitimate grounds for closing the court.

And there we are, back at where I said it's really hard to prove that someone life is in imminent danger. It's not simple as you think it is, not just in real life, even on this game.

Just now, .Pluto. said:

And there we are, back at where I said it's really hard to prove that someone life is in imminent danger. It's not simple as you think it is, not just in real life, even on this game.

Okay, but you're the lawyer right? You don't have the ability to argue that someone giving evidence against gangbangers in open court creates a risk of the person's life being in imminent danger? Maybe that's just on you?

By the way, for RP purposes, closed court doesn't mean it doesn't appear on the forum, just that it IC can't be used by others not party to the proceedings to identify and target witnesses.

Oh, and I never said it was simple. 

1 minute ago, Greyfeather said:

By the way, for RP purposes, closed court doesn't mean it doesn't appear on the forum, just that it IC can't be used by others not party to the proceedings to identify and target witnesses.

And that's how things go out of the hand and people metagame. Now I'd like to continue watching my TV show, I cba with answering. Things like the example you said earlier rarely happen, and I explained you why. Google is your best friend, and I don't work for google. Cops are collecting witness statements, it's not as you think it is, but cops are taking statements form credible witnesses, not someone who used to live in Davis and saw lots of things which she may or may not say, depending on which part of your post I should answer. 

Just now, .Pluto. said:

Cops are collecting witness statements, it's not as you think it is, but cops are taking statements form credible witnesses, not someone who used to live in Davis and saw lots of things which she may or may not say, depending on which part of your post I should answer. 

Why are you so hostile?

It's actually quite easy to make a submission to apply for closed court testimony, I can even help you:

"Your honor, the accused is an admitted member of [gang], which operates in [area]. I have an affidavit from Detective X of the LSPD gang enforcement unit, setting out the activities and operating areas of [gang]. Prosecution witness Y lives on [street] which as you can see from the Detective's affidavit is in the very heartland of [gang's] area of operation. The prosecution evidence I have filed for exhibit, namely Detective X's affidavit [insert any other evidence], also clearly establishes that [gang] has in the past used violence and intimidation in an effort to silence witnesses and prevent legal matters from proceeding in this jurisdiction. I also have filed an affidavit from prosecution witness Y [and any other witnesses] clearly articulating for this court that he/she has already in the lead up to this trial been the subject of [insert threats, attempts at intimidation, and actions engaged in by the gang if you have any]. I have also filed the recent injunction imposed against [gang] on motion by the DA's office, for the crimes of [insert justification for the granted injunction]. As you can plainly see, it is not above [gang] to attempt to threaten, intimidate and even violently attack prosecution witness Y. The request to close the court will not prohibit the accused from receiving a fair trial, but it will ensure the integrity of this court along with the safety of this witness."

This stuff isn't rocket surgery.

Oh, if people metagame, as you've claimed with zero evidence, that's reportable.    

1 minute ago, Greyfeather said:

Why are you so hostile?

It's actually quite easy to make a submission to apply for closed court testimony, I can even help you:

"Your honor, the accused is an admitted member of [gang], which operates in [area]. I have an affidavit from Detective X of the LSPD gang enforcement unit, setting out the activities and operating areas of [gang]. Prosecution witness Y lives on [street] which as you can see from the Detective's affidavit is in the very heartland of [gang's] area of operation. The prosecution evidence I have filed for exhibit, namely Detective X's affidavit [insert any other evidence], also clearly establishes that [gang] has in the past used violence and intimidation in an effort to silence witnesses and prevent legal matters from proceeding in this jurisdiction. I also have filed an affidavit from prosecution witness Y [and any other witnesses] clearly articulating for this court that he/she has already in the lead up to this trial been the subject of [insert threats, attempts at intimidation, and actions engaged in by the gang if you have any]. I have also filed the recent injunction imposed against [gang] on motion by the DA's office, for the crimes of [insert justification for the granted injunction]. As you can plainly see, it is not above [gang] to attempt to threaten, intimidate and even violently attack prosecution witness Y. The request to close the court will not prohibit the accused from receiving a fair trial, but it will ensure the integrity of this court along with the safety of this witness."

This stuff isn't rocket surgery.

Oh, if people metagame, as you've claimed with zero evidence, that's reportable.    

And that's what google said, those things don't happen in game, and there is too much "ifs" there. I'm not hostile but your first post was two sided and you are here throwing accusations and knowledge that are not true and not relevant. The whole paragraph, that you spent seventeen seconds of your time to find it on google sounds good on the paper, but those stuff don't happen in game. I'm telling you what happened to me, not on one, on multiple occasions, and you keep denying it because google says otherwise. People here don't intimidate witnesses, because in 99% of the cases they don't know who they are, and in 100% of the cases, the CIs are persons who they least expect to be. The whole point is, PD has witnesses, PD is taking witness statements, confidential informants rarely have their identity hidden on GTA World. You had different experiences because your character isn't credible witness

11 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

that you spent seventeen seconds of your time to find it on google sounds good on the paper, but those stuff don't happen in game.

Still so hostile. You're the one who refers people to Google, not me. Type what I just wrote into Google, it isn't there. Or maybe you accusing others of using Google is a little bit of projection by you?

Could it be that people you interact with on the forums have professional lives IRL from which they draw their knowledge?

The court can be closed in game, as it is in real life. If your RP quality isn't sufficient to convince a judge, that's really a problem you'd need to work on yourself

11 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

You had different experiences because your character isn't credible witness

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're just assuming my character was not credible because of reasons you've concocted in your mind...or could it be that you're upset because you were spoken to by your faction leadership for powergaming in the judicial thread and now you want to blame me because your powergaming attempt was directed at me? 🙄

Don't live your life in anger. Be peaceful to everyone. You should probably watch your television program now.

Edited by Greyfeather
Spelling and grammar.
4 minutes ago, Greyfeather said:

Still so hostile. You're the one who refers people to Google, not me. Type what I just wrote into Google, it isn't there. Or maybe you accusing others of using Google is a little bit projection by you?

Could it be that people you interact with on the forums have professional lives IRL from which they draw their knowledge?

The court can be closed in game, as it is in real life. If your RP quality isn't sufficient to convince a judge, that's really a problem you'd need to work on yourself

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're just assuming my character was not credible because of reasons you've concocted in your mind...or could it be that you're upset because you were spoken to by your faction leadership for powergaming in the judicial thread and now you want to blame me because your powergaming attempt was directed at me? 🙄

Don't live your life in anger. Be peaceful to everyone. You should probably watch your television program now.

Let's not talk about roleplay quality here I'd have a lot of things to say but I kinda don't want to have my posts waiting to be approved by admins because I'd get a warning on forums. They never spoke about any powergaming because there wasn't any powergaming at all. Cops really are collecting witness statements and you are completely wrong there, and the whole system doesn't actually go as in real life. It is hard to prove that someone's life is imminent danger here, you simply can't use the fact that you OOCly know that someone is gonna be CKd because they're in the same faction. It goes with proofs and facts, which people rarely have, because this is a game. Let's not derail the thread even more because we derailed two pages already.

4 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Cops really are collecting witness statements and you are completely wrong there, and the whole system doesn't actually go as in real life.

Thanks for your last post, but the problem is that you came in hard and hostile but never actually realized that this is not what my post said.

It gave some examples and then asked if there is training given. Maybe not type so angry next time?

Good luck to you and have a lovely day.

8 hours ago, Smilesville said:

The flavor of the week is law enforcement brute forcing the device process by placing 15 bugs in a single house - flagrantly taking advantage of the insane cooldown for picking up a single device in the process.

5 hours ago, Pádraig said:

we found 13 in a pretty small apartment, one on the STEPS of a huge apartment complex and one in the car lmao

I'd like to disagree. You're more than welcomed to come to me about this and we can prove this accusation but I don't recall LSPD putting 15 bugs in a single house cause that'd be insane. My PMs are open to discuss this issue as I don't see a need to spread false rumors with no evidence to back it up.

On topic: Increasing the jail time won't do much we've already put in a criminal point system that once you reach 30 points you will become a lifer. It doesn't stop people from going on their alternative characters and so on just to continue their illegal roleplay adventure.

Edited by Frezemis
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • effion unlocked this topic