Your thoughts on law enforcement and jail?

Amellis

1 hour ago, RufioCas said:

It's fine to not have much experience, it's not fine to call things "dumb" and "unrealistic" if you don't have much experience.

I don't have much experience WITH criminal RP, I know a thing or two about crime and laws, enough to know doing that is an easy ticket back to jail, with a longer sentence for relapsing. As @Garras Up and @Xaleya mentioned, it's just not worth it unless extreme cases, death is not the worst that can happen to somebody, but it drags police and news attention way more than beating someone up and sending him to the hospital for getting a relative jailed. Back to the part where we roleplay in an overpopulated metropolitan area, you just can't do that everywhere either way. The streets being empty doesn't mean that, by rules, you have to roleplay people walking around, cars driving by and such.

To put it like this, I'm perfectly fine taking a CK over my IC acts, as long as things make sense and not because I saw someone jack a car, called the cops and that someone got jail for three hours.

Edited by Amellis
19 minutes ago, Amellis said:

I don't have much experience WITH criminal RP, I know a thing or two about crime and laws, enough to know doing that is an easy ticket back to jail, with a longer sentence for relapsing. As @Garras Up and @Xaleya mentioned, it's just not worth it unless extreme cases, death is not the worst that can happen to somebody, but it drags police and news attention way more than beating someone up and sending him to the hospital for getting a relative jailed. Back to the part where we roleplay in an overpopulated metropolitan area, you just can't do that everywhere either way. The streets being empty doesn't mean that, by rules, you have to roleplay people walking around, cars driving by and such.

To put it like this, I'm perfectly fine taking a CK over my IC acts, as long as things make sense and not because I saw someone jack a car, called the cops and that someone got jail for three hours.

I'am a person who knows tons of criminal RP and I ever know people who used to be criminals, hear things because I live in a country with a lower criminality rates than Los Santos but similar in some instances

For example a real criminal will only do robberies within their territories since its high-risk / low reward to steal in someone else hood/turf/territory/whatever english word is used for it... Because if someone else from a rival hood discovers than you were doing it on their zone, they will not clear your block (calls too many attention)... They will simply hunt and kill you as warning, only you and whoever was with you... Of course a smart criminal does this because a dumb one won't go past of their 20's years as proven by hearing how many of these kind of criminals died near my zone because they were hiding from gangs than were chasing their asses due they invading their hoods.

If you succesfully commit a crime in your hood and some people who lives around or nearby notices it, everyone knows than no one will speak, if you are caught while trying to snitch them you will be simply dead. This also applies on most of North American (USA) hoods when if you snitch you must move to other city.

Of course if a random called the police and you don't who tf is that person... Its just simply as DM... Why you will murder a random who saw you executing X guy when no one has relationship? Its more like your mistake and murdering that person will take you deeply unless you are a fat pig from the gang, such as leadership... The rest (known in spanish as lavaperros... which can be translated as bootlickers) are replaceable and no one will really help them.

11 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Unfortunately, you are going to find that very few in the criminal community will support the notion of making any jail time attendance mandatory, despite most of the potential issues being addressed fully.

It would help, certainly, but there is just too much resistance against the idea.

One of my characters is in jail and I plan to roleplay, even if it's stupid. For whatever reason that may make it stupid, it is a roleplay server, and so if I'm able to, and want to RP, I will hop on to RP, across all my chars.

Edited by Wynters
7 hours ago, Amellis said:

Downtown LA is one of the worst parts of LA. I already linked you articles, and videos. Keep that metropolitan argument off this thread already. Repeat offenders are common, there’s nothing unrealistic about people going to jail again and again. In instance, here’s a person drive-by shooting in the middle of a metropolitan city(Los Angeles) right next to POLICE;

Listen, I can keep linking you videos and articles all day long but the matter of the fact is, you can’t expect people to comfort to your wants and needs, and paint it with the realism brush. You’re pushing it at this point.

Your example is way too extreme and I have never seen it happen. Not as a homicide detective, not as a gang rper.

6 hours ago, Xaleya said:

I'am a person who knows tons of criminal RP and I ever know people who used to be criminals, hear things because I live in a country with a lower criminality rates than Los Santos but similar in some instances

For example a real criminal will only do robberies within their territories since its high-risk / low reward to steal in someone else hood/turf/territory/whatever english word is used for it... Because if someone else from a rival hood discovers than you were doing it on their zone, they will not clear your block (calls too many attention)... They will simply hunt and kill you as warning, only you and whoever was with you... Of course a smart criminal does this because a dumb one won't go past of their 20's years as proven by hearing how many of these kind of criminals died near my zone because they were hiding from gangs than were chasing their asses due they invading their hoods.

If you succesfully commit a crime in your hood and some people who lives around or nearby notices it, everyone knows than no one will speak, if you are caught while trying to snitch them you will be simply dead. This also applies on most of North American (USA) hoods when if you snitch you must move to other city.

Of course if a random called the police and you don't who tf is that person... Its just simply as DM... Why you will murder a random who saw you executing X guy when no one has relationship? Its more like your mistake and murdering that person will take you deeply unless you are a fat pig from the gang, such as leadership... The rest (known in spanish as lavaperros... which can be translated as bootlickers) are replaceable and no one will really help them.

None of what you’re saying makes any sense, it’s 2021. People are always mobile, and people don’t get killed for being in someone else’s hood. This isn’t 80s LA, and it certainly isn’t Iraq.

”If you snitch you must move to another city” Huh? My dude, I can appreciate you being from Central America where MS13 patrols the streets with guns but I can assure you USA is nothing like what you have just described.

Edited by RufioCas
2 hours ago, RufioCas said:

Downtown LA is one of the worst parts of LA. I already linked you articles, and videos. Keep that metropolitan argument off this thread already. Repeat offenders are common, there’s nothing unrealistic about people going to jail again and again. In instance, here’s a person drive-by shooting in the middle of a metropolitan city(Los Angeles) right next to POLICE;

Listen, I can keep linking you videos and articles all day long but the matter of the fact is, you can’t expect people to comfort to your wants and needs, and paint it with the realism brush. You’re pushing it at this point.

Again, yes those things happen, and those people don't serve one day in jail.

And I'm not trying to change anything here, that's why I made a discussion and not a suggestion 🙂

Edited by Amellis
5 minutes ago, Amellis said:

Again, yes those things happen, and those people don't serve one day in jail.

And I'm not trying to change anything here, that's why I made a discussion and not a suggestion 🙂

Murder is 20 OOC days js

And let me copy and paste what you exactly said; Back to the part where we roleplay in an overpopulated metropolitan area, you just can't do that everywhere either way.

Edited by RufioCas
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • effion unlocked this topic