change property owning rules

MostCreative

GTA World is a miniaturized version of real life. Unfortunately the distribution of players to properties in ALL areas doesn't match-up. When it comes down to it, there's just less residential properties in the county, to the amount of players that used to / do actively roleplay there.

Saying things like "fix the housing crisis" doesn't really work. The same patterns are just going to loop and repeat. Even if in an extreme case scenario all residential properties in the county were revoked, then slowly distributed back to players who can prove they actively roleplay there. They are just going to get resold to non-county players overtime without a leasing rule in place; one potential fix could be if these properties are treated like leases and given back to Property Management upon player's request to no longer live there.

One of the largest issues with the county and it's property availability is that there is no multi-interior properties for sale. In the city, however there are numerous low-end cheap multi-interior apartment buildings, as well as more expensive multi-interior apartment buildings. You can look at the GTA World Map right now and see over ten multi-interior apartment buildings all with at least one property still for sale.

Now, this isn't a fault of GTA World that there are no multi-interiors in the county, it just comes down to Rockstar's creation of the game; none of the viable residential apartments in the county can realistically be multi-interiors. I don't know the plans of Property Management, and how they plan to remedy these issues. But, I do have a suggestion in-mind. 

We all know of the derelict motel in Sandy Shores. I cannot remember off of the top of my head how many motel rooms make up this apartment, I believe it to be somewhere in the ten to twenty range. It is currently the only motel / apartment building in the county that is not being optimized, and understandably so it's a dilapidated meth den.

I do not know how realistic, viable or possible it is for Property Management to do this, but applying some temporary band-aid fixes to the location, through adding some small exterior mapping, could transform this location into another ownable (not rentable) location in the county. These could be priced at the county standard price of $35,000 and only distributed to players who are actively showing roleplaying in the area, or alternatively distributed through a leasing system.

Alternatively I think we've all seen this mod, however let's be real. It's a tad over the top for Sandy Shores and would be ridiculously resource intensive for the server to upkeep.

Thank you, for coming to my TED talk on the housing crisis.

Edited by Goblinguine
  • Upvote 3
On 2/26/2021 at 6:28 AM, Pádraig said:

This rule is in place so that people who actually rp in Sandy Shores have their houses there rather than people who live in LS but don't want to live in apartments even though its a modern metropolitan city.

Suck it up, get an apartment.

Many houses in the non-housing request category located in Sandy aren’t owned by people who RP there. They are bought up by “real estate investors” and then resold or they just hang on to them as long as they possibly can, which does no good for anyone. They aren’t reported or we wouldn’t have the issue. I’ve reported a few and never heard anything back. Issue hasn’t changed either. I’d be curious to see the numbers of people who own the trailers in Sandy who actually live, work and RP there. I bet you it’s lower than you think. 

Its not fair to do so in housing requests and hold them to a completely opposite standard. Higher standards is one thing because of the application process and that’s understandable. A completely contradictory standard though? Doesn’t make sense nor is it right. It should be one or the other for the entire server. 

Edited by Sixty
On 2/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Pádraig said:

This rule is in place so that people who actually rp in Sandy Shores have their houses there rather than people who live in LS but don't want to live in apartments even though its a modern metropolitan city.

Suck it up, get an apartment.

Who is talking about sandy shores bro. Nobody actually working in the city and having enough money, wouldn't even go to Sandy Shores, but rather to Harmony or Grapeseed. Lemme think when I saw people rping last time...oh yeah some year ago. Since then all those spots from Paleto and around Sandy Shores, are abandoned and housing is owned by people who actually been there once. To buy it.

8 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Who is talking about sandy shores bro. 

On 2/17/2021 at 3:29 PM, MostCreative said:

Property management has a rule that states that it's unrealistic for your character to work in the city but live in Sandy Shores.

anyway, the argument for working in LS but living in Grapeseed or Harmony is even worse. These are two shitholes in the middle of absolutely nowhere with nobody around for miles around. Why?!

16 minutes ago, Pádraig said:

anyway, the argument for working in LS but living in Grapeseed or Harmony is even worse. These are two shitholes in the middle of absolutely nowhere with nobody around for miles around. Why?!

I just used them as an argument. Not everyone wants to live in the city. And I don't really see the need to live in LS when you work there. Why? Cause let's say I'd want to live in Bakersfield instead of LA. It's roughly 2 hours drive without stopping, so why not? I'd personally just buy a house in Grapeseed or even Paleto and rp around the house, city rp can really get to your nerves.

Besides that, Paleto Bay is actually four hours from Los Santos by car. Which is ofc not ideal, but there are houses closer to LS.

Edited by Engelbert

I would personally like for this to be entirely removed. We have to aim towards keeping IC distances ICly. Paleto Bay is not 4 hours away, it's a ten minutes drive away. If we were to follow that logic, you'd need an hour to go from South LS to Vinewood because of distance and traffic but that's not the case - you only need a few minutes. In that case, PD/SD response times aren't 15 seconds but rather 30 minutes when they're actually 15 seconds. We have to be as consistent with IC times as possible or else we'll just create a lot of confusion.

I'd also like to see this part of this rule either removed or amended. I think it's just something either obsolete or something that wasn't looked over in a while. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to commute to work - I used to work and study in New York and were commuting to and from New Jersey, 1:15 - 1:30 hours a day. A lot of people were doing that too. There's a ton of factors to keep in mind too because if this were a heavy-set rule, RPing in an old trailer in the county would be something very exquisite due to how limited they are.

I currently RP in the Sheriff's Department and lots of characters RP living in the city and commuting to work because of the simple fact that finding a decent house in the county is basically impossible. They also tend to cost a lot and for someone earning $40,000 a year, buying a $100,000 apartment in the city makes more sense than a $600,000 small house in Paleto.

19 hours ago, Sixty said:

Many houses in the non-housing request category located in Sandy aren’t owned by people who RP there. They are bought up by “real estate investors” and then resold or they just hang on to them as long as they possibly can, which does no good for anyone.

Regardless of previous experiences, report it when you see it.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2021 at 10:44 AM, Valkyria said:

I wholly agree with you, but to say that LS is very much limited in housing is simply incorrect.

6177097c97ec306f8d3cdaf5476ebaf1.png

E: It's also important to note that some player-choices are straight up goofy, so I absolutely understand why the rule is in place.

It is very hard to find a house on this server. While there are a lot of motels and apartments available, I for example, have never been able to actually RP owning a house, rather than an apartment. 

• 2 years later...