change property owning rules

MostCreative

Property management has a rule that states that it's unrealistic for your character to work in the city but live in Sandy Shores.

• Your character works at the city, but lives in Sandy Shores.

Now, Los Santos simulates its real-life counterpart Los Angeles, which is known for having high living expenses and low salaries. Why I'm drawing attention to this rule is, for example, a lot of deputies, and officers who work for the county, usually commute to work rather than live inside the city. Now, this is an example as a lot of people would rather commute to the city rather than live there. This mainly is done to cut down on unneeded expenses. 

The rule, in general, affects and limits role-play at times. Not to mention that Los Santos has limited houses and apartments available due to property hoarders. This rule would further help the county feel more alive and create more role-play, such as being tired commuting to work or trying to save up for that perfect house or car by cutting down on living expenses.

In short, that regulation should be removed as it doesn't make sense.

Edited by MostCreative
  • Upvote 6

That rule is the most questionable rule I have ever seen and should be removed altogether. It's very common for people to not live in the city they work and people commute to work. I'm not sure who came up with this rule but this is just dumb. 

EDIT: Do people understand that players can still roleplay off duty at their home and get involved with roleplay in the neighborhood? What difference does it make that someone who works in the county has a house or someone who works in the city? They both return to the same home and roleplay with the same people. 

Edited by Tseard
  • Upvote 1

I wholly agree with you, but to say that LS is very much limited in housing is simply incorrect.

6177097c97ec306f8d3cdaf5476ebaf1.png

E: It's also important to note that some player-choices are straight up goofy, so I absolutely understand why the rule is in place.

Edited by Wirbelwind
5 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

It is even harder to get any sort of accommodation in Sandy Shores. Until that problem is resolved, I cannot support this suggestion.

I'm actually pretty sure I saw a whale offer a buyout for a trailer, maybe about an hour or less after it went up for sale. The fact, that rich people who should actually have nothing to do in and with Sandy Shores buy up properties in Sandy Shore, just to sell them at a higher price two weeks later doesn't really help the housing situation there either.

Edited by Rhelli
Some more stuff added.
1 minute ago, Rhelli said:

I'm actually pretty sure I saw a whale offer a buyout for a trailer, maybe about an hour or less after it went up for sale. The fact that rich people buy up properties in Sandy Shore, just to sell them at a higher price two weeks later doesn't really help the housing situation there either.

An hour is an eternity for any Sandy Shores (or nearby) trailer. When these are advertised in game, you have approximately 5 - 10 seconds to call the seller, or you're too late. I've seen forum offers bought out in under 2 minutes as well. There is no real market of consequence for places in this area. The shortage is extreme.

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

An hour is an eternity for any Sandy Shores (or nearby) trailer. When these are advertised in game, you have approximately 5 - 10 seconds to call the seller, or you're too late. I've seen forum offers bought out in under 2 minutes as well. There is no real market of consequence for places in this area. The shortage is extreme.

While I know that a thorough check on behalf of property management would slow down sales, but would that potentially help to filter out whether it makes sense for a character to buy a property in the county or not? That way whales who just buy for the sake of profit couldn't flip properties that easily.

Frankly, it doesn't even matter if there is a shortage of properties or not. The fact that someone who wants to live in a certain area and roleplay there shouldn't be affected by his employment location. If someone is active and uses his property, who the fuck cares where he works?

If someone who lives in Sandy works in Paleto Bay, he'll spend time in Paleto Bay and not at his house. The only difference is that the drive takes a minute or two more, other than that, the rp is the same.

• Applaud 2