1.1 Live test session 5

Nervous

9 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I don't have this issue, do you have disabled CEF accelerated rendering in rage launcher?

It seems I had it enabled, going to try it again without and I'll let you know if the issue remains!

Yeah, it was an issue with CEF acceleration. Fine without.

Edited by Dawn
1 hour ago, CatHusky said:

Hi, so I joined the server twice during the test session, logged off and tried to log back on about 20-30~ minutes later and I was given an error message when trying to launch RageMP, not the server itself.

unknown.png

This was the error message I was given. I followed the advice and re-installed RageMP and it still failed to load after installing everything and checking for updates.

I then verified my GTA5 cache to get rid of the mods I had installed and run it vanilla from rageMP to see if that fixed the issue, however it did not.

Update regarding this:

I managed to fix it by re-installing Microsoft C++ although I'm not sure why this occured in the first place. Never happened before and only happened with the 1.1 trial.

Bug:

• Pointing only works when /enablepointing is disabled then enabled again. (i.e: if you have it enabled and you just logged on, pressing B does nothing, you have to /enablepointing twice to be able to use it).
  • /changechar sometimes spawns you with your previous character's clothes (this was done from a regular alt -> a prison alt).
  • Some clothes/textures that work in 0.3.7 no longer work in 1.1 (this is probably RageMP related, and these clothes have probably simply had their IDs changed).
  • Spawning in prison spawns you in with a stupid motorcross shirt (Probably because clothing ID changed. Previously reported a few comments above as well).

Fixed in 1.1:

• No longer need to /styles on choosing a character, simply choosing a character correctly loads the character's previously set /styles.
  • You no longer regenerate HP at all. (Feels like more of a fix than a bug. HP regeneration makes little sense anyway).
  • Clothing menus now correctly display the animation that they're meant to load.

If there's anything I could do to let us have 1.1 faster, please let me know. I'm itching for it!!

• Upvote 2
On 2/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, Nervous said:

I don't even know how did it happen. Basically, I did /setstyle first, as I do every time when I log in game. When I did it, and set my style, went to the parking lot to spawn my car. It opened two menus instead of one (/setstyle and /vg menu), I hit ESC, because, on 0.3.7 it closes all the menus, but, it didn't work. So I simply hit enter to spawn my car. Setstyle menu disappeared, but my VG menu was still on my screen, and spawned my car 2 times.

I couldn't manage to get my vehicle to spawn twice but both the /setstyle sub menus - "Walking Styles" and "Facial Expressions" - aren't cancelled out when opening the /vget menu causing both menus to mash together and both respond to the same inputs.

It seems the /vget menu is opened twice when typing /vget in one of the two /setstyle sub-menus, pushing enter selecting both an option in either "Walking Styles" or "Facial Expressions" menus as well as the vehicle highlighted on the /vget menu underneath - another /vget menu opening underneath or the menu itself not closing when spawning the vehicle. 

This was tested on BOTH 0.3.7 and the 1.1 test server resulting in the same outcome leading me to believe this isn't a 1.1 exclusive issue and something to do with the current gamemode.

Two videos here of me recreating the issue if my description isn't enough:

0.3.7https://streamable.com/qnkdax

1.1https://streamable.com/pmb3ug

My guess is a lag spike or desync caused the "Your vehicle is already spawned!" system to hiccup and allow the player to spawn their vehicle twice.

Pre-edit edit:

unknown.png

The same happens using /vget within any of the  "sub-menus", the /anim menu as an example above - it seems like /vget cancels out the first "main menu" like it should but if you open any of the sub-menus and type /vget it backs you out to the "main menu" and opens the /vget menu behind it.

Conclusion: it seems any sub-menu within a menu allows you to open /vget and cause this mash-mash of menus on top of each other, not just the /setstyle menu like originally thought. 

Edit:

On 2/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, Nervous said:

If a player presses G when a car is passing by and they get into the animation of getting into it (walking, running towards the car), they will always get inside it irrespective of its distance to the player or if its locked. It teleports you in no matter what if the animation to get in is triggered.

If still a bug I'd like to see fixed (if it can be) this has been an issue with 0.3.7 since at very least a year or two back and not directly related to 1.1 - If I'm correct it's actually a GTA fail-safe which teleports you in to the vehicle you initially tried to enter because it assumes you're stuck, you can try this yourself if you try enter as a passenger in someone's vehicle you either can't reach because of the geometry or because of like the example quoted, they drove out of range but the game still assumes you're trying to enter. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • 3 months later...