'In broad daylight'

Kipps

5 hours ago, mj2002 said:

From what I have seen, and argued in reports myself, this primarily concerns actions that realistically draw a lot of people's attention. If your action (subtly breaking into a house) does not draw a lot of attention through careful preparation (perhaps you have a van and are pretending providing some service) then a break-in request ought not to be denied solely because it occurs 'in broad daylight'. If you did experience this, then this is something we should discuss internally.

As for the time zone discussion, a thread about this was recently closed since this has been discussed over and over again. Don't derail this thread into that direction. I'll remove any replies that keep mentioning it from now on.

I think that’s another problem specially with house robberies, why do we have to expect that every house robbery is well planed? The most criminals are dump and end up a prison irl at some point, not every robbery needs a ocean eleven type of Hollywood plan, I think this should be a IC thing, the only rule that should exist is that there need to be a special number of industry cops online to be allowed to raus houses etc. So the victims can actually get in touch with Help.

5 minutes ago, AVAR said:

I think that’s another problem specially with house robberies, why do we have to expect that every house robbery is well planed? The most criminals are dump and end up a prison irl at some point, not every robbery needs a ocean eleven type of Hollywood plan, I think this should be a IC thing, the only rule that should exist is that there need to be a special number of industry cops online to be allowed to raus houses etc. So the victims can actually get in touch with Help.

Not everything has to be well planned. However, if the action would realistically draw a lot of attention, but the player ignores this consideration and takes advantage of the fact that the streets are empty, even if it realistically would not, then this is a problem.

• Upvote 2

Most streets with just housing units on them have periods of emptiness throughout the day. Especially during work hours. Most home invasions also don't require the usage of cover up vans because rarely would you suspect the odd vehicle driving past to be part of a crime. Of the hundreds of cars that may pass your street during a week, you'd have to have some sort of sixth sense to suspect a random four door unless they choose to pull up while the street has occupants on it.

I know short movies don't seem like good evidence but the movie directed by YG is a good representation of the average home invasion. Watch from 16:00 onward. The reason they commit the home invasion during broad daylight is because of how quiet streets are during the day. Note that I'm talking about streets with housing on them, not main streets.

Edited by Topiyo

It's hard to coin wether or not "In broad daylight" should be used as an argument in a robbery case. 

If I work a 9 to 5 and can only play during the evening, then I'll never have that issue.

But if I work a night shift, and get home when it gets morning, or play during the day in general. Timezones shouldn't be used against people if they want to roleplay. 

Being fair, I myself used the term "In broad daylight" to denote particular events that I found super silly. More specifically, the gunning down of 4-5 cops "In broad daylight". But it's hard to draw the line in What's acceptable, and what isn't. If robberies should be fine during the daylight, then technically shooting police officers should be too, but then again. Shooting police officers is a guaranteed lose-lose scenario regardless of how you turn it. You'll either turn up dead, or locked up for the rest of your life. In essence it makes sense and explains why most shootings occur at night, where it's easier to escape & evade.

Long story short, Do I think it should be used as an argument in player reports? No. People are dependent on how they live their lives in terms of when they're ingame, rping. 

I think the problem exists when you attempt to commit a crime on a major/busy road (ex. Vespucci Boulevard, Palomino Avenue) such as attempting to carjack or rob a person. I think the best course of action would be to guide your victim to a more secluded space, like an alley. For example, placing someone at gunpoint and forcing/ordering them to move in a certain direction. 

However, I personally don't know if I used that as the sole basis to report for Non-RP behavior, though clearly sometimes it really can be depending on the circumstances.

20 minutes ago, Saccs said:

For example, placing someone at gunpoint and forcing/ordering them to move in a certain direction. 

Honestly, I would be willing to find an excuse to wander into an alley if it makes it more convenient for the mugger. Convenience for them hopefully means more enjoyable roleplay for everyone involved.

The way i see it is if you do certain shit in broad day ic and in an open area, regardless of your timezone, it's kinda bad. For example, if i went and kidnapped someone in the middle of Little Seoul while it's daylight and realistically the streets would be packed with people either walking somewhere or just hanging out, that's kinda ehh... Although, if you get robbed in a shady alleyway or some backstreet in broad day, that's kinda on you for putting yourself in that position.

I once had someone (IRL) threaten me with a knife and take my money at 1PM in an alleyway that was literally around the side of a bank, these kinds of things happen at all times and the time of day is usually only a factor in certain instances.

Like the homie Garras Up said above:

Time is time, IMHO the problem is the location. The problem is never that you get robbed or your house gets robbed at 3PM but rather where it happens. There's retards who play on this server who ride around on their BFs or other dirt bikes at 2PM which is broad daylight, but that's irrelevant, and they spot out people and rob them at gunpoint in the middle of the street.

If you catch someone lacking in an alleyway or lure them into one then it's fine and dandy, you can rob a fool even at 2PM and nobody is gonna have a problem with it. What's unrealistic is what locations certain people pick to do their crime.

Most people realize that already and they don't do it, simple. But there's also people who play on this server who, frankly, should NOT play here because they can't understand and/or comprehend the concept of Los Santos not being a ghost town, meaning a lack of player activity does not equal that you're in the middle of an empty street.

Burglaries if done correctly can go unnoticed in the day time. You can dress up as a repair crew, electricians, there's tons of ideas, or simply sneak around making sure nobody spots you. Time, like I said, doesn't matter. Time only matters when the location matters. If you're robbing someone or something in the middle of the fucking street, then if you happen to do it at 2PM and not 2AM it's bad both ways but the daylight just makes it worse.

With all that said, I can assure all of you civ/legal roleplayers that we do not claim people who do muggings in the middle of a street in the illegal community. Illegal RP already has a bad rep because of this but you must understand that it's never factions or gangs or whatever doing this sort of shit, it's always solo roleplayers looking for a quick PF Gun lick or money.

• Wuhtah locked this topic