'In broad daylight'

Kipps

Just now, Sixth said:

The server is split pretty evenly. There is nothing wrong with a rotating day/night cycle every 2 weeks. You can't role-play at night for 2 weeks at a time but expect us Americans to have to CONSTANTLY role-play at night. Don't be such a spoiled baby, bro.

yes pls insult me for stating it how it is

sorry for being european

1 minute ago, orangejuice said:

The majority of burglaries IRL actually happen during broad day light.

The thing is, people base “realism” on the server off their personal opinion rather than actual fact.

Perfectly put. The 'in broad daylight' argument is silly and should never be considered a valid reason to stop someone from role playing an activity. 

Should leave the time-zone how it is and just stop claiming that certain actions can't be performed because of the time of day. We're gamers, this isn't a second life.

11 minutes ago, Wynters said:

This is the standard and it's a fair line for everyone. most people here are European, or Asian too.

You don't see the men and women in the southern hermisphere complaining that peak-time for them is like 5-11am.

God forbid you use the real timezone that the place we're role playing in takes place...

Crazy idea I know. 

But I agree with Kipps.

Edited by Smith

I mean think of it this way. The reason the majority of IRL burglaries happen during broad day light?

Guess where people are usually during the day? Out of their houses.

Guess where people are usually during the night? Inside their houses.

If anything if the server wants to be realistic they should be stopping night time burglaries 🤣🤣

Edited by orangejuice
30 minutes ago, Wynters said:

yes pls insult me for stating it how it is

sorry for being european

He makes a solid point. The server is setup where americans are constantly rping at night time, but the moment some1 suggests that they try and make it so it can be both day/night for both timezones "No that can't happen because I don't want to change my roleplay"

It's really unfair as is, because my character has seen daylight a handful of times and that's because I've had to stay up late as hell.

I will say that if the server is unwilling to cater to both sides on day/night ingame then there should never be a precedent of "it's broad daylight you can't do this you can't do that" and on that same token it's annoying to hear "how did u do that at this late of time" let both sides prosper man.

Edited by Juicebox.
  • Upvote 1

Not that I want to spiral this thread into another discussion about the servers timezone but if we're going to use the "in broad daylight" defense then the timezone needs to be fixed so that in broad daylight actually means in broad daylight for the majority of players. Right now there is no "daylight" for NA players, we play basically 24/7 in the dark. It's like me reporting someone for speeding during the daytime because IRL traffic is horrible in LA and they'd never be able to speed that openly and regularly. That's utterly stupid and obviously something we wouldn't ask players to RP around IG. The same should be said about this "In broad daylight" none sense if we aren't going to do anything to fix it so it's fair fair not just some of the players but 60% of the community.

• Wuhtah locked this topic