What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

And here we go again, the exact thing I've brought up in this thread. The divide on who is right and wrong. Do I think the comments were inflammatory, yeah. Regardless of real world ideals / grouping / politics, we are not here to RP our living in California, we're here to RP being in LS, for the sake of groups that offer unique role play between themselves and the wider server region. I think the ideal of 'there's not much of *blank* in reality so you shouldn't RP it.' is a dangerous mentality to have as we begin to get into overcorrections and micromanagement.

That being said, the response shouldn't be holier than thou vitriol, how does that help anything or anyone? I'll shout it as much as I need too till it gets through into peoples skulls. The thing that kills ANY sort of RP is the refusal to bridge gaps between players or the walls put up by cliques. It's far more noticeable on smaller servers: Server has 20 slots, everyone breaks up into cliques of 5. They refuse to see eye to eye and believe that the other side is OOCly lesser than them, in time they RP between themselves and 5 people can only do so much, one person may try jumping ship and try another character while the other four leave the server. But this person who gets sucked into the new clique typically continues the same behaviour. GTAW avoids this fate by being a 1K slot server and being able to weather 10+ people dropping out at once for whatever reason. In general (from viewing faction threads and people posting in them) that a lot of the groups that cycle out a lot are mostly ran or RP'd in by the same people, refusing to see anything else as 'right' and going to the next clique of the month by changing one or two words in a description.

59 minutes ago, Kipps said:

If people need help with e-sexing their brains out or building a Second Life penthouse, I'm sure you'll be full of good advice. But on the topic of white crime groups on the West Coast - what are you even offering here but the same dumb, easily refutable opinion over and over?

If this was a "Thoughts on legal RP." thread I can fucking bet someone would walk out with "If people need help RDMing people and escalating everything to murder and constant reports, I'm sure you'll be full of good advice." And I'd lose my shit all the same

18 minutes ago, Edelweiss206 said:

If this was a "Thoughts on legal RP." thread I can fucking bet someone would walk out with "If people need help RDMing people and escalating everything to murder and constant reports, I'm sure you'll be full of good advice." And I'd lose my shit all the same

While I get your argument here, and it's not one I necessarily disagree with in principle (illegal rpers have big problems of their own), I'm going to point out that Kipps is maybe the worst player you could have applied that analogy to. There are civilian roleplayers who "escalate things to murder and reports" more than he does lol

• Upvote 1

Sorry, it wasn't necessarily being used to insult or bite back at Kipp's himself, but it was just the latest comment to be made, more designed how easy it is to flip the arguement straight on its head and not bother to look past what you or people think. In a way it just emphasises how damaging that line of thought is. 

I haven't read past page 1, but on the topic of guns and being over-expensive it really isn't hard to get common firearms in the US such as a glock or even an AR-15.

These days you can literally buy a $200 3D printer, get $300 in tools, 3D print a glock frame or an AR-15 lower receiver and get gun parts out of state with cash and no background check ALL OF THIS IS LEGAL FEDERALLY mind you, except in California, Maryland and I think New Jersey. Is it PG to get a 3D printer? If it is, then okay let's talk 80% glocks and 80% AR-15 lower receivers that you get drill bits for and finish on your own to have a complete legal "firearm" (even though it can't shoot without other parts).

Edit: Also I understand these are semi automatic weapons, but you can also 3D print a yankee boogle, drop it in your AR-15 lower and fire in automatic if you want, Glocks also have 3D printed conversion stuff so that your Glock will fire automatically like a Glock 18. I also know all of this because I myself have homemade legal firearms that function as well as store bought. It's really not hard to do this without breaking a law, if I was a felon I could still get access to everything needed. And if I couldn't get gun parts I'd just print myself and FGC-9v2 (Fuck Gun Control 9mm) and have zero gun parts to make a functional 9mm carbine.

Edited by NewbUser
16 hours ago, LICE said:

Need more amateurs, need less RoboCop, need more investigators, need slower PD response times. Need more street cameras, need more common sense, need fear of jail. Illegal RP community is very lousy generally, and law enforcement doubly so. Also need to get rid of PKs imo. That's what I think of illegal RP.

Indeed. That reminds me, I remember a time on LSRP people did the CK challenge. Which pretty much meant when they died realistically and not under the terms of rule breaking - they CK'd. It was a unique challenge I barley remember and I'm sure it changed the outlook on RP. If more people took loosing their life seriously or going to jail for long periods of times, both law enforcement RP and illegal RP would improve. 

5 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Indeed. That reminds me, I remember a time on LSRP people did the CK challenge. Which pretty much meant when they died realistically and not under the terms of rule breaking - they CK'd. It was a unique challenge I barley remember and I'm sure it changed the outlook on RP. If more people took loosing their life seriously or going to jail for long periods of times, both law enforcement RP and illegal RP would improve. 

I agree, I remember on LSRP especially the long running factions would CK members if their death was realistic, also, I'm not familiar if GTAW has this in the illegal scene but one thing that was really fun to be involved in on LSRP was CK wars, when two factions would come together with an agreement via discord or whatever means and have an extensive war with rules regarding what guns you could use for hits, how often you could attack/counter attack etc and whoever died in the hits had to CK, that shit was so good and if it's not on here it needs to be, honestly. Also keeping in mind that the RP surrounding the war had very high standards and wasn't simply just block-wiping to mass CK and win it, everything was RPed thoroughly and it was fun as fuck.

1 minute ago, Large Hazard said:

Wars on LSRP have been DM fests for many years now. 

I see more CKs here than I did on there. 

That depends on which factions you were involved with, I was in a couple factions that were mainly focused on development and lore. Yes, there were factions that would pull up four deep with AKs and shotguns but you can't throw everyone else under the bus when there were factions out there developing good factions.

Maybe you have, but I haven't. I've seen more CKs RPing around factions in LSRP, especially during CK wars like I said, but yes I'm not saying LSRP is perfect, and it definitely isn't today but Illegal RP there made more sense than it currently does on GTA:W.

31 minutes ago, HotHead said:

That depends on which factions you were involved with, I was in a couple factions that were mainly focused on development and lore. Yes, there were factions that would pull up four deep with AKs and shotguns but you can't throw everyone else under the bus when there were factions out there developing good factions.

Maybe you have, but I haven't. I've seen more CKs RPing around factions in LSRP, especially during CK wars like I said, but yes I'm not saying LSRP is perfect, and it definitely isn't today but Illegal RP there made more sense than it currently does on GTA:W.

'Forced' CKs and CK wars seem to be much more common here than I ever remember them being on LSRP. Voluntary CKs? Probably more of that over there. Either way, one of the things I noticed when I came here is that people seem to value their character more as a result of there being more involuntary CKs. I consider it a positive because in the past few years LSRP just became filled with throwaway characters that people didn't really care about and recycled factions filled with such characters. At least that was my view of it.

I'm in no way saying illegal rp is 'better' here or doesn't have problems either. There's big issues here.

It would be great to see IFM make a statement or share there thoughts on what interesting and new avenues of illegal RP are planned in the coming months.

As of now, I think Illegal RP is stuck in some place between 1930’s and 1980’s USA - and sadly, it doesn’t seem to be evolving and creating new options for illegal RP & a lot of the existing RP needs to modernise and become suitable for the USA in 2021.

As an example, compare how far legal RP had come in the past 6 months:

Los Santos city government 

ULSA

Pillbox Hospital

IG DA’s & court system

Music Events 

Fashion - HS & Prestige

There seems a gulf of divide between how well LFM have worked with players to create interesting & entirely different avenues of RP compared to what is available to an aspiring illegal character.

• Wuhtah locked this topic