What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

Just now, borhoi said:

lol i never fail to laugh at the 'WE'RE NOT NAZIS WE'RE WHITE SUPREMACISTS WHO USE TONS OF NAZI IMAGERY' thing. The RP is trash. Read the threads of all the lovely groups who have come and gone. And it's massively over-represented. You see them everywhere. In real LA, which I've been to many times for many reasons, I've yet to see one neo-Nazi, or 'white supremacist', or 'peckerwood', or whatever the name of the day is for Nazis.

No offense, but it sounds to me like you had a bad scenario with a white supremacist faction and so now you're on some sort of tirade against the entire type of roleplay, forgive me if that's not how it is, but that's how it seems based off of your attitude. I don't even roleplay white supremacy, it's not something I've ever researched or had an interest in roleplaying so I don't RP it, but there's shitloads of players on this server who portray white supremacists to a T, so shitting on their RP isn't really something I'd recommend just because you feel a certain type of way about something.

Not only that, but you're labelling the roleplay as trash because of your own personal feelings about something. I'm not a fan of white supremacy IRL either, it's fuckin stupid. But that doesn't mean people should be barred from roleplaying it or using nazi imagery ICly.

Yes, you've been to LA. That genuinely means nothing in the long run, there's people who've been to LA and have never encountered MS-13 members or just gang members in general, does that mean they don't exist? Hell no. You just weren't at the right place, or right time to encounter any neo-nazi's. Either that, or you did and weren't aware of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, borhoi said:

- I've had plenty of bad scenarios. Literally every scenario I've had involving a Nazi role player has been bad. Also if you're not a fan IRL then stop word-policing about it.

I'm word policing about it because you're forcing one group of people into one category because you don't understand anything about the way it works, when in reality the Nazi's died out close to 100 years ago.

3 minutes ago, borhoi said:

- The problem is the amount of them regardless of if they are portraying it well or not. Gang members wear ink. Seen plenty of MS-13 types etc. Plenty of black gang members. Hell, I grew up on the southside of Chicago surrounded by them. Neo-Nazis? Seen one in my entire life and that was in Indiana and he was kicked out of the diner he was eating at. They are social pariahs. The sheer number of them on this server means if you treat them like the pariahs they are IRL you will get mobbed. It's annoying and unrealistic.

I mean if you go up to a large group of neo nazi's irl, you're gonna get mobbed aswell. Also, just because you only met one neo nazi doesn't mean that he's the only neo nazi that exists. That's like me saying there's nobody associated or part of certain groups here in Aus simply because I've never seen anyone who was associated with them.

So hold on, though. Let me get this straight. You tried to treat a neo-nazi roleplayer's character a certain type of way, and he mobbed you with his mates. And that's somehow annoying and realistic? Mate, if you treat ANY gang member (MS13, Neo Nazi, 18th Street) a certain type of way, you better believe he's gonna pull up some of his mates. Just because you don't like how a situation pans out for you, doesn't mean that the players involved are bad roleplayers. That's a very narrow mindset to have.

6 minutes ago, borhoi said:

- I'm labeling the role play as trash because the role play is trash. See above about mobbing when treating people flying Nazi symbols realistically.

I see it as perfectly realistic. I once disrespected a skinhead IRL, he saw me the next day while he was with his mates (Yes, his mates, 5-6 of them) and they jumped me. This was in Australia. So if there's a shitload of them here where it's less racist, you can bet you sweet ass that they're in America in large numbers aswell.

7 minutes ago, borhoi said:

But this thread isn't exclusively about the trash, edgy, thinly veiled self-inserted racist power fantasy Nazi RP that permeates GTAW like a cancer. No reason to keep going on about it.

See, you've pretty much exposed yourself here bro. So basically what you're saying is that their RP isn't trash because of anything they've actually done, you just don't like what they're RPing and believe that they believe these things in real life, which is a worrying mindset to have. That'd be like saying that if somebody roleplays their character committing a sexual crime, that they're into that IRL.

Also, typing like this doesn't make you right. So please, just type normally when you're speaking to me, appreciated.

• Applaud 1
50 minutes ago, borhoi said:

lol i never fail to laugh at the 'WE'RE NOT NAZIS WE'RE WHITE SUPREMACISTS WHO USE TONS OF NAZI IMAGERY' thing. The RP is trash. Read the threads of all the lovely groups who have come and gone. And it's massively over-represented. You see them everywhere. In real LA, which I've been to many times for many reasons, I've yet to see one neo-Nazi, or 'white supremacist', or 'peckerwood', or whatever the name of the day is for Nazis.

LA county has a population of 10.5 Million people. "I went to LA and I didn't see any Nazis!" is pretty irrelevant when we have factual evidence to prove the existence of skinhead and peckerwood gangs in the LA area. The GTA map is also, as I'm sure your well aware a condensed version of LA. So yeah no shit your going to see them a lot more frequently IG, there's not hundreds of streets and blocks to spread out on sadly.

We get it. You personally don't approve of their RP. It's also clear you have absolutely 0 understand of what these factions are trying to portray. The people who RP skinheads and peckerwoods (Including members of staff) do a tremendous amount of research and I personally know don't let cringe ass literal Nazi characters to exist in their factions. You might not realize it though because to you, anyone who has a swastika tattoo must be a literal Nazi. Had you done literally any research you'd know that they're for shock and counter culture purposes and that these groups are literally motivated only by money with 0 political aspirations. 

The Aryan Brotherhood was created with in the prison system as a form of self-protection for white inmates against black prison gangs eventually morphing into a criminal enterprise. Quoting the Southern Poverty law center: "Today, the gang operates both inside and outside prisons, and although it clearly has a white supremacist ideology, it is above all a criminal enterprise. Given the choice between making money and showing their racism, members virtually always go for the cash, meaning the gang has often worked with Latino and other gangs for profit."

19 minutes ago, borhoi said:

- The problem is the amount of them regardless of if they are portraying it well or not. Gang members wear ink. Seen plenty of MS-13 types etc. Plenty of black gang members. Hell, I grew up on the southside of Chicago surrounded by them. Neo-Nazis? Seen one in my entire life and that was in Indiana and he was kicked out of the diner he was eating at. They are social pariahs. The sheer number of them on this server means if you treat them like the pariahs they are IRL you will get mobbed. It's annoying and unrealistic.

I hate to break it to you. There's a difference between what happens in the middle of bum fuck nowhere Indiana and what happens in LA. "Oh I never saw a skinhead in LA but in Indiana we treat them like pariahs that one time so that means it's like that everywhere!". We get it, your personally offended by their RP and therefor it's trash. But that doesn't make you right, that just makes you a crybaby.

Edit and addition:

Going back and reading your replies plus a few others, I gotta say. What the fuck gives you or any other community member the right to dictate when a certain type of RP is "Too big". You don't like how many mobsters or skinheads are on the server? Frankly, fuck you. Because for the people within those faction they're working tirelessly to provide the server with great content. Yeah, my mob faction has over 50 members. You know what we're doing with those numbers? We're actually trying to create good RP for everyone on the server. We're working to bring RP to the ports, we created a construction company that not only mapped city hall. They spent months RPing the construction of it as well. We've teamed up with the people running the churches in Blaine county to ICly renovate the Rockford church to bring not only religious RP to LS but all of the unique and fun social events that come with a church. The list goes on but I digress.

Honestly more then half the shit we probably do has nothing to do with making money and everything to do with "This is a great idea for the server, we have the numbers to pull it off so lets do it." And that goes for a large chunk of the illegal factions on this server. So it really pisses me off when I hear people generalizing that we have too many of this or too many of that. Grow up, nobody on this side throws a tantrum because we have to many 26 year old lesbians on the server? We might say we don't like their RP but we're not nearly as vitriolic towards them as some players are whenever LCN RP or skinhead RP becomes popular. If someone wants to RP an LCN character? Good for them. If someone wants to RP a skinhead? Great! If someone wants to RP a 30 year old lesbian multimillionaire club mogul from the UK? That's their choice. When Sureno RP got huge over the summer, I wasn't sitting here thinking "We have way to many Sureno's this is trash" I was thinking "damn, those dudes are probably really enjoying themselves right now. Good for them." People really need to stop finding the smallest reason to hate a specific type of RP and start looking at the bigger picture.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 4

Whoever the dude is spewing their confirmation bias bs, want a dump with more active white supremacist gang members in Cali that's longer than the amount of people that've ever logged into the server? 

Just like literally any other topic, a majority of those interacting with it are going to be either brand new to the concept, have an absolutely horrible perception of it, not be able to accurately portray the concepts in roleplay, not understand the concepts at all, be a horrible roleplayer in general, so on so forth. Then we get to the core, like with any other type of faction, of players who actually understand the concepts, can apply them to the game consistently, and try to help others learn. All that means nada if the other side doesn't want to learn, which is a common feat amongst any sort of faction, because most of the time people roleplay within topics they feel 'safe' around knowledge wise, even if their understanding is not ample or accurate (which ties into confirmation bias amongst other matters). 

56 minutes ago, Henning said:

Edit and addition:

Going back and reading your replies plus a few others, I gotta say. What the fuck gives you or any other community member the right to dictate when a certain type of RP is "Too big". You don't like how many mobsters or skinheads are on the server? Frankly, fuck you. Because for the people within those faction they're working tirelessly to provide the server with great content. Yeah, my mob faction has over 50 members. You know what we're doing with those numbers? We're actually trying to create good RP for everyone on the server. We're working to bring RP to the ports, we created a construction company that not only mapped city hall. They spent months RPing the construction of it as well. We've teamed up with the people running the churches in Blaine county to ICly renovate the Rockford church to bring not only religious RP to LS but all of the unique and fun social events that come with a church. The list goes on but I digress.

Honestly more then half the shit we probably do has nothing to do with making money and everything to do with "This is a great idea for the server, we have the numbers to pull it off so lets do it." And that goes for a large chunk of the illegal factions on this server. So it really pisses me off when I hear people generalizing that we have too many of this or too many of that. Grow up, nobody on this side throws a tantrum because we have to many 26 year old lesbians on the server? We might say we don't like their RP but we're not nearly as vitriolic towards them as some players are whenever LCN RP or skinhead RP becomes popular. If someone wants to RP an LCN character? Good for them. If someone wants to RP a skinhead? Great! If someone wants to RP a 30 year old lesbian multimillionaire club mogul from the UK? That's their choice. When Sureno RP got huge over the summer, I wasn't sitting here thinking "We have way to many Sureno's this is trash" I was thinking "damn, those dudes are probably really enjoying themselves right now. Good for them." People really need to stop finding the smallest reason to hate a specific type of RP and start looking at the bigger picture.

Honestly wish more players thought like this.

Been going through the majority of pages in which it is noticable a lot of players here are focused on legal. This is a thread that has no end but the fact is, role play servers would not excist without criminal RP. It is build on it, and been depending on it for years even since SAMP. Everyone is free to play what they want and how they want. But before you write up a post here about criminal rp this, that bla bla. Remember you are on this server playing because of the existence of criminal RP.

I have my own opinions about there being "too much" of certain types of roleplay but I keep them to myself because ultimately, people will just roleplay what they want to roleplay (and should be able to). In the end, somebody being invested in what they're doing is the basic foundation of good roleplay.

9 hours ago, borhoi said:

This is such a lame and old played out thing to say. Nazis is being used as a catch-all term. And there are not a lot to the point of them controlling entire areas of a town to the point that you are pestered by them for the pure sin of existing. I've made my opinion of 'heh heh nazi rp XDXD' known many times and I have yet to see one Nazi group done even kind of well. It's stale and dumb and MASSIVELY overrepresented. Far, far far too many of them and it drags down the server as a whole being unable to go anywhere without seeing swastikas. If you think it's that common irl, you should go to LA.

I always shake my head and wonder about what the person who says shit like that RPs and I usually am not surprised when I find out what they RP... You are very misinformed and it would do you well to educate yourself on White RP before you come in this thread and shit-talk it and also make a fool of yourself in the process. 

Now my count may be wrong but there are 4 factions, 3 in official and 1 in unofficial, that really fall under that 'catch-all Nazi' term your using. CASH/PENI, DWB, HIC, and the White Car. I fail to see how White RP is 'overrepresented'. I also don't believe that you've ever looked at the thread of a so-called Nazi faction. Look at PENI/CASH, DWB, or the White Car and I think you will see that your opinion of 'to see one Nazi group done even kind of well' is a pile of horseshit. 

Thirdly, I am wondering what parts of Los Santos/Blaine are you visiting? I really don't know what the fuck you're talking about when you say that you are 'unable to go anywhere without seeing swastikas'. In my time on GTAW, I've visted places in Sandy, Paleto, and all across Los Santos and I've yet to come across a single swastika being displayed like you said they are. This is either just a straight up lie you spewed to make White RP seem worse or I've just never been to the right areas. Please enlighten me.

This further makes me believe that you are very misinformed, I suggest that you read Bospy's great guide before you make anymore comments like this:

Edited by PelzigJager
  • Upvote 1

This is such a lame and old played out thing to say. Nazis is being used as a catch-all term. And there are not a lot to the point of them controlling entire areas of a town to the point that you are pestered by them for the pure sin of existing. I've made my opinion of 'heh heh nazi rp XDXD' known many times and I have yet to see one Nazi group done even kind of well. It's stale and dumb and MASSIVELY overrepresented. Far, far far too many of them and it drags down the server as a whole being unable to go anywhere without seeing swastikas. If you think it's that common irl, you should go to LA.

Cortes Aryan Skin Heads / PEN1 (https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/37799-public-enemy-number-1/page/31/) produce significantly better roleplay than you do.

You're lecturing people on skinhead gangs while at the same time admitting that you don't know the difference between 'peckerwoods', 'skinheads' and 'white supremacists'. It's obvious to anyone even vaguely familiar with the scene that you don't know what you're talking about. 

If people need help with e-sexing their brains out or building a Second Life penthouse, I'm sure you'll be full of good advice. But on the topic of white crime groups on the West Coast - what are you even offering here but the same dumb, easily refutable opinion over and over?

Edited by Kipps
  • Upvote 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic