What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

3 minutes ago, XV3 said:

LMFAO U DOWN BAD ASF BRO which fac are u in that u have 1 gun between 5 people

literally just go find a plug 🤦‍♂️

I was quoting Henning. 

@Henning, you or Bjorn literally stated you're a cop that gets shot at by illegal RPers. If you aren't a legal RPer, what do you consider yourself Henning?

This is why discussions about illegal RP should stay between illegal RPers. These discussions get clouded and I doubt anything has ever come from a general discussion.

Edited by Topiyo
2 minutes ago, EffPee said:

40k in this servers economy is 4k irl, illegal roleplayers shouldn't be forced to incorporate a script job on their character as a means to get by, because then you could argue why do they even commit crimes for money when they could just get a script job?

Getting script jobs on this server is as easy as /bjoin, getting a job irl isn't as easy as that; I can imagine it's much harder for a gang member with priors too.

That's the point of the tutorial but 4k IRL is more like 100K in this server's actual economy because of all the free 200ks people get & the fact they can name change. You can become a millionaire in 6 months of being in a faction or a month of having one of the higher paying script jobs or in a few hours by being good at poker.

If you're a criminal, you'd be in prison for YEARS or MONTHS depending on the crime. Not minutes, hours or days.

You get on a release process which involves a probation / parole officer / another form of officer looking over you, they look over you and basically force you to get a job. Criminals that don't get a job soon usually end up in jail for another robbery ETC. 

15 minutes ago, EffPee said:

40k in this servers economy is 4k irl, illegal roleplayers shouldn't be forced to incorporate a script job on their character as a means to get by, because then you could argue why do they even commit crimes for money when they could just get a script job?

Getting script jobs on this server is as easy as /bjoin, getting a job irl isn't as easy as that; I can imagine it's much harder for a gang member with priors too.

Don't like...a lot of actual Gangbangers have some sort of normal income, even if it's just something part time. Can they live on it? No probably not, that's why they back with the stuff their doing.

You're complaining about "Damn I'm jobless and have no income how can I afford shit? It's the economy's fault"

Edited by Edelweiss206
1 minute ago, BjornV said:

That's the point of the tutorial but 4k IRL is more like 100K in this server's actual economy because of all the free 200ks people get & the fact they can name change. You can become a millionaire in 6 months of being in a faction or a month of having one of the higher paying script jobs or in a few hours by being good at poker.

If you're a criminal, you'd be in prison for YEARS or MONTHS depending on the crime. Not minutes, hours or days.

You get on a release process which involves a probation / parole officer / another form of officer looking over you, they look over you and basically force you to get a job. Criminals that don't get a job soon usually end up in jail for another robbery ETC. 

It's on the player on how they deal with that 200k. As an illegal roleplayer who roleplays as a teenage gang member, I wouldn't roleplay having 200k in my bank account, that's a ridiculous concept to me.

My point is, anyone that wants to go the extra mile to portray an actual struggling gang member genuinely HAS to struggle. I get out of jail and I wouldn't just /bjoin and roleplay a script job, because that's unrealistic. Lord knows plenty of other people wouldn't do the same. 

It's difficult to roleplay without having a subsidiary income that helps you to buy things like clothes, haircuts, boomboxes etc. Gang roleplay is supposed to have a baseline focus on drug dealing and gangbanging, these are both difficult to do with no demand for small-time drug deals and lack of guns. When you are constantly alienated for committing robberies as it is your only means to get by, it's very difficult to make money as an illegal roleplayer without throwing away your entire character concept and just relying on script paychecks.

Illegal RP is an equal part as the legal RP, so I can't say much against it. It is another huge path players choose for their characters, which is a great opportunity for them to experience new stuff and get another perspective! However, I always hope that the players portray their characters properly and roleplay their actions in that way as well... I've experienced not very well good robberies, but it happened. I just want that Illegal RP players are looking out for the roleplay of their characters (that counts for everyone's roleplay though, to rp properly)

3 minutes ago, Edelweiss206 said:

Don't like...a lot of actual Gangbangers have some sort of normal income, even if it's just something part time. Can they live on it? No probably not, that's why they back with the stuff their doing.

You're complaining about "Damn I'm jobless and have no income how can I afford shit? It's the economy's fault"

You've missed my point completely. I know that a lot of gangbangers DO have jobs along with the illegal activity they partake in. I'm just saying that it isn't all of them. 

The income that gang members come across IRL is not translated ingame, gang members can make a lot more money through drug dealing and other routes like that, but because nobody buys small amounts of drugs as everyone wants to be a supplier, there is no income there when there ultimately should be.

Could be done a lot better. I feel like there's a heavy misconception of how illegal culture is here in America, esp. on the gang side. How we dress here, the lingo, the illegal economics. 

6 minutes ago, Edelweiss206 said:

Yes, gang bangers sometimes work part time and collect other sources of income...EBT, cash assistance etc - while doing something else on the side, fraud, selling weed. Not every gang banger has an illegal source of income. Also, not every drug dealer has to sell hard drugs. Why don't some people do what the majority of drug dealers do IRL...sell weed and maybe pills. Not everyone should aspire  to be Pablo. 

Where are the people developing characters to just simply get by, pay the bills. Food in their mouth. Why does everyone want to be Chapo? Doesn't happen a lot IRL. People pushing big weight are so low key about it and sometimes don't even touch the drugs. But anyways, yes people involved in low income areas typically have normal, legal sources of income. 

There would be nothing wrong for an illegal character working at a bar, fast food. A lot of people here in America, esp. the youth 16-23, will work part time while selling weed or pills. Not everyone, even in SC sells hard work and has a gun lol. Just a misconception on this RP server.  

Edit: I'll reply to more of these later. This topic caught my attention. 

Edited by Ronnie two poles
  • Upvote 1

Crime isn't supposed to pay unless you're really, really, good at it.

That's why most criminals IRL are broke as fuck.

That being said, it's interesting that the server seems to favor legal RP over illegal RP, given that the opposite seemed to be the case in SA:MP. In my 7+ years of GTA roleplay, legal roleplayers, and specifically law enforcement, was looked down upon.

There's a reason "robocop" is a well-known term and "robocriminal" isn't. I think it's kind of funny how people suggest that legal factions have significantly stricter standards when the only requirements are that you speak English and know how to write a /me without giving away the fact that you're a fourteen year old who has no idea what IRL emergency services or business management entails.

From what I've seen, legal RP on the server is significantly better than it is in other incarnations of GTA RP (SA:MP, MTA, etc.). That being said, it isn't levels above what I've seen from illegal RP. In fact, they seem to be pretty similar. It feels like the community looks down on illegal RP when it's nearly identical in quality to legal RP.

Sure there's spam-robbers and rule-breakers in the illegal community, but there's job-spammers and to be honest, idiots, in the legal community. It's not really their fault, I mean, if you're a 16 or even 20 year old, how are you supposed to know how to properly roleplay a 30 year old business executive?

In addition to all this, I think the illegal RP community suffers from being under-supported developmentally. Even if you know what you're doing and know how to make connections, there's only so much you can do to make money. Besides chop-shops and niche things like fencing stolen items (which is seldom profitable), you're pretty much limited to making cash via the illegal gun/drug economy, which in my humble opinion, is FUCKED. As many people in this thread have stated, illegal RP'ers are plagued with a market that is either extremely over-priced (guns) or ridiculously oversaturated (drugs).

Being able to falsify insurance, drivers licenses, credit cards (which is likely when the new bank overhaul system is released), etc, would do wonders for the RP community. Being able to replace license plates on cars, falsify registration, etc. Idk, I'm sure there's dozens of ideas in the suggestions' board that has just been bogged down or straight up ignored.

Edited by NickyW
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, NickyW said:

Crime isn't supposed to pay unless you're really, really, good at it.

That's why most criminals IRL are broke as fuck.

That being said, it's interesting that the server seems to favor legal RP over illegal RP, given that the opposite seemed to be the case in SA:MP. In my 7+ years of GTA roleplay, legal roleplayers, and specifically law enforcement, was looked down upon.

There's a reason "robocop" is a well-known term and "robocriminal" isn't. I think it's kind of funny how people suggest that legal factions have significantly stricter standards when the only requirements are that you speak English and know how to write a /me without giving away the fact that you're a fourteen year old who has no idea what IRL law enforcement entails.

From what I've seen, legal RP on the server is significantly better than it is in other incarnations of GTA RP (SA:MP, MTA, etc.). That being said, it isn't levels above what I've seen from illegal RP. In fact, they seem to be pretty similar. It feels like the community looks down on illegal RP when it's nearly identical in quality to legal RP.

Sure there's spam-robbers and rule-breakers in the illegal community, but there's job-spammers and to be honest, idiots, in the legal community. It's not really their fault, I mean, if you're a 16 or even 20 year old, how are you supposed to know how to properly roleplay a 30 year old business executive?

In addition to all this, I think the illegal RP community suffers from being under-supported developmentally. Even if you know what you're doing and know how to make connections, there's only so much you can do to make money. Besides chop-shops and niche things like fencing stolen items (which is seldom profitable), you're pretty much limited to making cash via the illegal gun/drug economy, which in my humble opinion, is FUCKED. As many people in this thread have stated, illegal RP'ers are plagued with a market that is either extremely over-priced (guns) or ridiculously oversaturated (drugs).

Being able to falsify insurance, drivers licenses, credit cards (which is likely when the new bank overhaul system is released), etc, would do wonders for the RP community. Being able to replace license plates on cars, falsify registration, etc. Idk, I'm sure there's dozens of ideas in the suggestions' board that has just been bogged down or straight up ignored.

or we could add more e-sex anims 

illegal rp does need a lot more updates, all updates seem to be legal rp or e-sex related. i know their was the little drugs update that added the option of to mix baking soda with almost everything (doesnt make much sense) and then narco checkers (once again, doesn't make much sense). illegal RP needs a proper, much bigger update that is more realistic/ more research put into it

Edited by orangejuice
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic