What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

4 minutes ago, BjornV said:

Not true. Supply & demand affects it, but in the end it's the criminals that sell them that determine how much they sell them for. If they get the gun for 10000 and decide to sell it at 4x profit, and everyone else does too, that's not something that a higher supply will alleviate.

Maybe a higher supply of sellers would. 

I shouldn't have to post an essay to explain these principles.....

If there wasn't such an artificially imposed limit, there would be more supply, ergo, there would be more suppliers at any given time, ergo, a buyer could purchase the firearm from whoever is selling it cheaper, ergo, the suppliers would be forced to lower their prices to compete.....

The ~40k pricetag is entirely reflective of (in my opinion), a poor ooc rule that restricts and strangles what should be an otherwise free (yet very black), market.

But don't take my word for it, ask the criminal RPers, because i'm just a legal RPer, so i'll go back to College.

Image result for regina george gif

1 minute ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

But don't take my word for it, ask the criminal RPers, because i'm just a legal RPer, so i'll go back to College.

You realize that people are against fully opening the flood gates because it would have drastically negative impacts on legal RPers right? If we just make it so everyone can apply for PF it's going to be abused to no end and your apart of the player base that'll be punished for it. If I was just thinking "What would help criminal RPers" I'd be all for that because now everyone in my gang has gun and we can reek havoc on the civilian population with absolutely 0 problems. If 5 guys are robbing you and only 1 of them has a gun, you might be able to out shoot them and scare the rest away. But all 5 having guns? You lose every single time and we're gonna rob you every night because now we have guns for days so it really doesn't matter if we get caught.

I understand that's a horrible mindset to have on an RP server, but let's be real it's the exact mindset a significant portion of the community will have.

With respect, it makes zero difference to me.

It doesn't matter if it's one man or ten men, whether one has a gun or all ten of them do, the outcome is precisely the same.

I'm not powergamey enough to even try and fight, so I just hand them my purse.

I care less what guns people have, because I've no interest in winning a fire fight. If I did, I'd be a cop or a villain.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, BjornV said:

Script jobs can earn you a lot in a short time. An illegal RPer has nothing to do in this situation, we're specifically talking about gang members.

And unless you're a shotcaller/some other big banger (And even if you are), you'd /likely/ have some form of legal work where you earn money from, jobs which earn as much if not more as a high ranking government official earns every week. Mechanics can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars just in an hour of being open. 

I come from a server which had much more regulations on gun licenses, outright banning any illegal characters from owning them. Yet criminals still found an abundance of firearms illegally.

You haven't explained how I'd earn $40,000 in a few hours as a gang banger. You've just told me that I have to incorporate a script job into my character's story because of the way the current economy works.

I'm not sure where you researched the life of a gang banger but most struggle to find work because of their criminal history. Often they have to use family ties to get back doored into companies or work at family owned businesses where the pay is less than average. The companies they work for in the area usually are against gang banging and would fire them the moment they hear that X, Y or Z has been detained.

For you to claim that the solution to the OOC inflation issue brought by OOC restrictions is to break character and work a script job... I stand by what I said in my last post and agree with Alyssa's views. They may not be a criminal RPer but they understand how markets work.

1 minute ago, Henning said:

You realize that people are against fully opening the flood gates because it would have drastically negative impacts on legal RPers right?

So disadvantage criminal RPers by forcing them to have 1 gun between 5 people so the legal RPers have a better chance of: 

"you might be able to out shoot them and scare the rest away"

That's the most bias view I've seen from a legal RPer on a topic about illegal RP.

Getting caught can still lead to lengthy prison sentences (my character right now has only been caught once and is already potentially facing life imprisonment) and CKs by cops. It still matters if you get caught. In real life, no one cares about their guns because it's easy to get another. They only care about whether or not they left finger prints on the firearm.

22 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Image result for regina george gif

Since you were so polite to say it, I will be too. With respect, criminal RPer over here. Go back to college, where "there is no drugs on campus".

https://media1.tenor.com/images/3e2f5b8f3fa8be3c154c56dd24a514cc/tenor.gif?itemid=18703719

19 minutes ago, Topiyo said:

You haven't explained how I'd earn $40,000 in a few hours as a gang banger. You've just told me that I have to incorporate a script job into my character's story because of the way the current economy works.

Apart from script jobs there's few jobs that can be RPed apart from faction jobs anyhow.

You're not earning 40k as a banger unless you sell kilos of cocaine.

RPing a realistic character means having a job as well, even if your illegal trade earns you enough to buy a house, food & such, you'd have the IRS knocking on your door really soon if there's no way to see where your cash is coming from.

Any script job will let you earn money quick.

Any faction job will give you less, but still a steady flow of income.

2 minutes ago, BjornV said:

Apart from script jobs there's few jobs that can be RPed apart from faction jobs anyhow.

You're not earning 40k as a banger unless you sell kilos of cocaine.

RPing a realistic character means having a job as well, even if your illegal trade earns you enough to buy a house, food & such, you'd have the IRS knocking on your door really soon if there's no way to see where your cash is coming from.

Any script job will let you earn money quick.

Any faction job will give you less, but still a steady flow of income.

40k in this servers economy is 4k irl, illegal roleplayers shouldn't be forced to incorporate a script job on their character as a means to get by, because then you could argue why do they even commit crimes for money when they could just get a script job?

Getting script jobs on this server is as easy as /bjoin, getting a job irl isn't as easy as that; I can imagine it's much harder for a gang member with priors too.

12 minutes ago, Topiyo said:

So disadvantage criminal RPers by forcing them to have 1 gun between 5 people so the legal RPers have a better chance of: 

"you might be able to out shoot them and scare the rest away"

That's the most bias view I've seen from a legal RPer on a topic about illegal RP.

Saying anything bad about Illegal RP = Legal RPer. 

I phrased it all that way because I was appealing to their inner mallrat. But lets be real, what limits a lot of people from doing violent crime is the lack of firearms circulating in the market. They literally do not care about the chance of going to jail. You think the weirdo's running around with hammers to rob mallrats are gonna keep doing that if they can just easily get a PF? Those people are going to come out of the woodworks for shit like that. If we're gonna talk about the server lets at least be honest about it. I think a good amount of Illegal RPers are fine but lets not put on our blinders and act like they're not a significant portion of the illegal community who really just wanna run around and play cops and robbers. These are the same people who go "/me points his gun", "/b /showinv stop stalling." Let's not pretend like this change would make their RP any better.

Hence why I suggested increasing the PF buy limit from 1 per month too 2 or 3 a month. Where are those weapons going to go? Most likely in properties right? Which will mean for people who actually want to take the time to go steal a gun or rob a house there will be significantly more value in it and instead of always relying on the leftovers from suppliers smaller factions and groups would now have another avenue to acquire weapons because the likelihood of a gun being in a property would be much higher.

• Wuhtah locked this topic