PKs and how they give you respawn free of consequences

Kappaurel

I don't really see it as a server rule issue as much as I see it as a flaw in the player mentality. I've always said this and will always say it - if you died next to a CK, due to your own stupidity, your own miscalculation when making a plan for a hit, or anything of the sort, then you should CK. The only exceptions I see to these are if it was a suspected or blatant breach of rules, a misunderstanding that happened which can be sorted out with server staff, an irrelevant situation where you just got caught in the crossfire, or some bizarre accident. 

• Most car accidents (the exception being desync)
  • You dying next to someone who you know is being hunted by someone else
  • You trying to choose the easy/quick way and dying instead of going the extra mile to guarantee success

These should be CKs, but people will hold onto characters for no particular reason in 60-70% of the cases because they're so afraid of losing progress which is most of the time easily obtained back on another character due to people knowing who you are OOCly. You don't really lose anything but your character's name with a CK.

It's upsetting to see people get PKed by close to every faction on the server and still go out of their way to continue a character's ''development'' when it's essentially beating a dead horse and in most cases don't lead to anything good.

If you get killed over some dumb, trollish thing that you have done, then you should CK. Using it as an opportunity to get out of consequences is stupid and in some cases is punishable.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

No, I don't roleplay a cop, so you are wrong!

Also, the argument of illegal RPers saying that would make sense if being PK'ed mattered AT ALL, you literally lose NOTHING.

How do people only consider losing items/arrests a valuable punishment? If you are a good RPer the punishment for getting PKed is you are removed from a RP situation that may have been extremely dear to you and your development. PKs in their current form are extremely important to the flow of RP on this server and basically any successful server that came before gtaw. Yes they can be exploited but that doesnt negate them being a staple of what keeps the clock ticking here.

• Upvote 2

I think it's time to let go of that G6 drama.
Move on to new adventures and protests.

The person that got shot in the club only PK'd, means he's still running around somewhere, doing whatever.
Nobody lost anything of value, in fact most of us got roleplay out of it and Nikki James got to promote her onlyfans at protests.
At this point everyone rolls their eyes though when they see anything about G6 or about "defunding SD" in the news, so yea. It's time to move on and let everyone RP in peace. I'm not directly involved anymore in all of this, luckily. However spamming news and fake news all over the place suspiciously looks like some OOC feelings being involved.

How PK's are handled at the moment is good enough to be fair.
If anyone got any issues with a PK and escaping consequences you can always reach out to the staff, get their opinion on things.

3 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I think it's time to let go of that G6 drama.
Move on to new adventures and protests.

The person that got shot in the club only PK'd, means he's still running around somewhere, doing whatever.
Nobody lost anything of value, in fact most of us got roleplay out of it and Nikki James got to promote her onlyfans at protests.
At this point everyone rolls their eyes though when they see anything about G6 or about "defunding SD" in the news, so yea. It's time to move on and let everyone RP in peace. I'm not directly involved anymore in all of this, luckily. However spamming news and fake news all over the place suspiciously looks like some OOC feelings being involved.

How PK's are handled at the moment is good enough to be fair.
If anyone got any issues with a PK and escaping consequences you can always reach out to the staff, get their opinion on things.

The issue is, people are acting as if he CK'd. People know the person who died by name (When if it was a PK, you should treat it as they didn't have a name), naming senate bills after the person etc. So, of course people are going to hang on to it.

36 minutes ago, nateX said:

I don't really see it as a server rule issue as much as I see it as a flaw in the player mentality. I've always said this and will always say it - if you died next to a CK, due to your own stupidity, your own miscalculation when making a plan for a hit, or anything of the sort, then you should CK. The only exceptions I see to these are if it was a suspected or blatant breach of rules, a misunderstanding that happened which can be sorted out with server staff, an irrelevant situation where you just got caught in the crossfire, or some bizarre accident. 

• You trying to choose the easy/quick way and dying instead of going the extra mile to guarantee success

These should be CKs, but people will hold onto characters for no particular reason in 60-70% of the cases because they're so afraid of losing progress which is most of the time easily obtained back on another character due to people knowing who you are OOCly. You don't really lose anything but your character's name with a CK.

It's upsetting to see people get PKed by close to every faction on the server and still go out of their way to continue a character's ''development'' when it's essentially beating a dead horse and in most cases don't lead to anything good.

If you get killed over some dumb, trollish thing that you have done, then you should CK. Using it as an opportunity to get out of consequences is stupid and in some cases is punishable.

These lines get my attention.

In relation to the first line ... Users who do this type of action do nothing but escalate situations poorly only to have an easy ticket, knowing that they can be punished anyway, they do it, since this mainly falls into not adequately role-playing fear .. Staff should to be able to apply forced CK to users who have this kind of attitudes to stop this kind of very poor attitude that affects third parties in the community. Because this is mainly about not valuing your life, somebody else will say that this happens in the real world and blah blah blah (I know much more about this in person than most of the users of this community). Criminals who are normally trigger-happy do not tend to pass their 20s by 99.9% as they are usually killed by the police, rival gangs or by their own gang mates as they are often dangerous to the point of murder other members or easily betray them. Normally the people who control criminal organizations are quite intelligent people who know how to measure their actions, this ranges from simple street gangs to larger organizations. When an organization is controlled by someone with an easy trigger it is usually when their bosses end up dying from an event unrelated to this and they were their "assistants" so to speak, the people below them who had no voice or vote, who carried the coffee and food to their bosses, finding the opportunity that they died they decide to take the power vacuum by force.

In relation to the second line, that is clearly punishable, as far as I understand this goes directly to breaking the rules of metagaming and "false deals" since everything must be agreed IC and any disruption prior to the IC agreement would enter the metagaming range.

1 minute ago, Свето said:

I still stand by that all PKs should be CKs...

I disagree because in that case, people will be trigger happy to kill you over the smallest reasons, just like they do right now. The difference will be that people will do it out of spite or OOC revenge.

1 hour ago, nateX said:

I beg to differ. A CK always was a loss of development, not just for CK'd player, but also for those around him. If I took every CK around me into consideration, my main character would be the most depressed person in the world, given every 2nd character she meets and befriends...ends up being CK'd one way or another. Besides for the CK'd player. Unless the CK is scripted, it is indeed a loss of development and time. And here's a reason why, knowing people OOC won't help you open closed doors again. If you gotten into a gang through rp and sometimes even through lenghty rp, you'd have to do that again.

Edited by Engelbert
1 minute ago, nateX said:

I disagree because in that case, people will be trigger happy to kill you over the smallest reasons, just like they do right now. The difference will be that people will do it out of spite or OOC revenge.

I mean, all of those things still happen now, whilst I agree that the current CK request system we have as of currently it's great.

And you do propose a fair point, the community might not be ready for such a change 

• Wuhtah locked this topic