PKs and how they give you respawn free of consequences

Kappaurel

6 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Simply put, yes. Now of course I have to mentioned that doing so was easy in my particular situation because I died along with my friends. So when I logged back in my absence was, as I usually do when I can’t log on consecutively, put under the guise of a likely activity that would render my character unavailable. What works for me doesn’t work for everyone so you have to find your own thing that works. As for others, having been in south central frontline characters die often. Gang wars happen and leave deaths left and right. Generally when someone dies you acknowledge the death in a way that resembles another person. This works there because death is a daily aspect of life there, it’s not uncommon or unheard of. And while the party that died won’t discuss the death, the others do but you notice that even when a frontliner dies not much changes that would obstruct continuity or roleplay. Now as far as legal characters go, or characters where you don’t have death as a common reality of life - I have no idea. I don’t roleplay legally, I always roleplay around gangs, or drugs. Both of which are places of death. I couldn’t tell you how legal role players handle death, if you or your friend gets stabbed to death clubbing I can’t tell whether going to the club together the next day ruins anything. I assume most legal characters have a solution, but considering they don’t die often I doubt there’s much of a need for it. Essentially it comes down to how, what and where you roleplay. And ultimately what works for you personally, and your play style. 

That's actually true, yeah. I've always been a legal RPer so perhaps that's why I see RPing death as a weird thing, simply because legal characters don't (or shouldn't, at least) die so often. But as you said, it is a case-by-case thing. I just know that I've never roleplayed my character dying unless it was a CK.

1 hour ago, Pogis said:

That's actually true, yeah. I've always been a legal RPer so perhaps that's why I see RPing death as a weird thing, simply because legal characters don't (or shouldn't, at least) die so often. But as you said, it is a case-by-case thing. I just know that I've never roleplayed my character dying unless it was a CK.

GTA World is home to many styles. Yes, it says “heavy” roleplay but that doesn’t specify a single play style but rather a broad setting and scope of possibilities. GTA W couldn’t be so big if it isolated itself to a single niche. That’s why you find yourself among so many different roleplayers, roleplayers who through basic sociology and personal preference either unconsciously or consciously form subcultures, groups and factions. Each faction (depending on size) represented by their own sub-factions. That’s also why you find so many different positions on PKs and CKs. Despite us all being on the same server, doing the same “roleplay” we’re all different. That doesn’t make my position invalid from yours, or vice versa. Issues only occur when you don’t tolerate others in this regard. Being conscious of that helps, and I’m just saying that in general not specifically to you. 

Whether you’re a roleplayer who prefers a heavily immersive experience, faithfully logging on everyday. Or someone who logs on sporadically - it doesn’t matter. You could be a heavily intertwined and developed gangbanger, cop, businessman, college student, average Joe, paranoid gun toting redneck, anything while the person next to you could be the same but much more casual. Less involved and more surface level. People are different, they roleplay differently because of different reasons. One might not like one form in preference for another, maybe someone has an hour to play every week as opposed to a 10 hour ABAS. These factors influence roleplay significantly. 

That’s why a CK or a PK for me could be so much different than what it is to you, why you have people who play with a one life rule and another with infinite lives. And that’s all perfectly fine. You only get these jaded and pointless discussions when you have people that barge in, puff up their chest and go “my way is the only right way, if you don’t do it like me you should leave!”. People with antagonistic mentalities are everywhere, but what makes us big is the retention of a wide variety of people. If we cut off everyone else in favor of one way, you’d loose that. 

• Applaud 1

Okay so guys, as far as I'm concerned, the acceptdeath in MTA terminology would be explained like this (adding onto what @Pogisadded on, from what I had initially said):

You got killed? Congrats, now you ask the guy if it was a PK or he had a CK request and to show you the proof if that's the case.

If he didn't CK you and you didn't show lack of fear for your own life? You didn't put everything on the line?
Then it's a PK my friend! And then here comes the /acceptdeath script.

You would /acceptdeath, respawn at a hospital nearby your location, and roleplay forgetting the events that transpired leading up to that shooting, that shooting itself, the people involved in that shooting, everything surrounding it, that led to your inevitable PK.

You would roleplay realistic injuries, such as a limp and being on crutches for a while, or maybe a cane to help you walk. Perhaps you broke your arm and got a GSW scar on your stomach, so now it's harder for you to process food in terms of those passive RP moments, you can now /me struggles to consume the food given to him by John Doe, his stomach groans, he grunts slightly, scrunching up his face.

There are so many possibilities and it just adds to your character's attributes, I don't like PKs if there's no reason for it but if there's a reason for it, RP it accordingly. And if there isn't? /report DM, if that don't work, or you're advised to take it to the player report forums, do that instead (BUT STILL RP IT UNTIL IT'S VOIDED).

It's literally so simple and easy and it should be the meta, here, too.

Edited by Wynters
26 minutes ago, Wynters said:

Okay so guys, as far as I'm concerned, the acceptdeath in MTA terminology would be explained like this (adding onto what @Pogisadded on, from what I had initially said):

You got killed? Congrats, now you ask the guy if it was a PK or he had a CK request and to show you the proof if that's the case.

If he didn't CK you and you didn't show lack of fear for your own life? You didn't put everything on the line?
Then it's a PK my friend! And then here comes the /acceptdeath script.

You would /acceptdeath, respawn at a hospital nearby your location, and roleplay forgetting the events that transpired leading up to that shooting, that shooting itself, the people involved in that shooting, everything surrounding it, that led to your inevitable PK.

You would roleplay realistic injuries, such as a limp and being on crutches for a while, or maybe a cane to help you walk. Perhaps you broke your arm and got a GSW scar on your stomach, so now it's harder for you to process food in terms of those passive RP moments, you can now /me struggles to consume the food given to him by John Doe, his stomach groans, he grunts slightly, scrunching up his face.

There are so many possibilities and it just adds to your character's attributes, I don't like PKs if there's no reason for it but if there's a reason for it, RP it accordingly. And if there isn't? /report DM, if that don't work, or you're advised to take it to the player report forums, do that instead (BUT STILL RP IT UNTIL IT'S VOIDED).

It's literally so simple and easy and it should be the meta, here, too.

It’s called accept death and not accept hospital, which establishes the base definition and leaves no room for reinterpretation. The concept is relatively simple, and even goes as far as to leave a body (your body) behind at the spot you accepted death. Roleplaying that you teleport to the hospital to roleplay injuries from the ordeal is not something that is accepted outside of legal roleplay, and leads to significant scrutiny from fellow players and administrators alike accompanied with consequences for the player. 

1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

It’s called accept death and not accept hospital, which establishes the base definition and leaves no room for reinterpretation. The concept is relatively simple, and even goes as far as to leave a body (your body) behind at the spot you accepted death. Roleplaying that you teleport to the hospital to roleplay injuries from the ordeal is not something that is accepted outside of legal roleplay, and leads to significant scrutiny from fellow players and administrators alike accompanied with consequences for the player. 

It's talking about accepting death in a scriptwise sense. Your character dies, it gets respawned.

It's not following RPly protocol. Though it should, and what I suggested should be the norm tbh, cos it allows room for interpretation like I stated.

The rest of what you said is very subjective though, I think. 

1 minute ago, Wynters said:

It's talking about accepting death in a scriptwise sense. Your character dies, it gets respawned.

It's not following RPly protocol. Though it should, and what I suggested should be the norm tbh, cos it allows room for interpretation like I stated.

Scenario: You got shot in the head by a rifle caliber round. Not once. Not twice. But thrice. With your proposed system, how do you realistically roleplay injuries which would have turned your cranium into a chunky paste? You die -- you die. I don't think that there should be room for interpretation.

32 minutes ago, Wynters said:

Could you specify the roleplay protocol you’re talking about? Also,  what’s a scriptwise sense? Do you not see /acceptdeath as binding to your characters death? 

37 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

Scenario: You got shot in the head by a rifle caliber round. Not once. Not twice. But thrice. With your proposed system, how do you realistically roleplay injuries which would have turned your cranium into a chunky paste? You die -- you die. I don't think that there should be room for interpretation.

If he's/she's being CK'd cos of a CK app or he/she shown lack of fear towards their character's life, any scenario that interprets a CK is what should incur, from your (admin) perspective, then sure. 

But the thing is, people get PK'd for this. Instead of pitching me a scenario, as an administrator tell me how you enforce this scenario, cos that's a better question, as we're going by the system that's already in place.

Unless your suggestion is to CK anyone who's been shot more than once, or shot in critical areas of their person, which you can't duck to avoid via script to make it miss, or jump to the left so he hits your shoulder instead, the script still stays "Combat Pistol - Head" or smth.

So if you're proposing CKs for that, then my example shows one reason as to why it won't work. It's not IRL, you can't move as freely as you can IRL, on GTA 5, so them being shot in the head in a PK scenario is pretty much unavoidable if the opposing party's aim IRL is good enough with their mouse.

6 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Could you specify the roleplay protocol you’re talking about? Also,  what’s a scriptwise sense? Do you not see /acceptdeath as binding to your characters death? 

Cos I thought you were using /acceptdeath in a CK context as the syntax is literally "accept death". But I was going more literal, as it's a game and you died, so you respawn, that's what I take from why the syntax is worded like that.

Perhaps if it said /acceptPK then it would make more sense? I dunno. Maybe have a system where the guy who has an approved CK app, reports in game to have a CK death be turned on for that character, and whenever they get shot it says /acceptCK instead of /acceptPK, that way they don't know if they're being CK'd? I dunno man, I'm spitballing ideas here.

Edited by Wynters
15 minutes ago, Wynters said:

If he's/she's being CK'd cos of a CK app or he/she shown lack of fear towards their character's life, any scenario that interprets a CK is what should incur, from your (admin) perspective, then sure. 

But the thing is, people get PK'd for this. Instead of pitching me a scenario, as an administrator tell me how you enforce this scenario, cos that's a better question, as we're going by the system that's already in place.

Unless your suggestion is to CK anyone who's been shot more than once, or shot in critical areas of their person, which you can't duck to avoid via script to make it miss, or jump to the left so he hits your shoulder instead, the script still stays "Combat Pistol - Head" or smth.

So if you're proposing CKs for that, then my example shows one reason as to why it won't work. It's not IRL, you can't move as freely as you can IRL, on GTA 5, so them being shot in the head in a PK scenario is pretty much unavoidable if the opposing party's aim IRL is good enough with their mouse.

Cos I thought you were using /acceptdeath in a CK context as the syntax is literally "accept death". But I was going more literal, as it's a game and you died, so you respawn, that's what I take from why the syntax is worded like that.

Perhaps if it said /acceptPK then it would make more sense? I dunno. Maybe have a system where the guy who has an approved CK app, reports in game to have a CK death be turned on for that character, and whenever they get shot it says /acceptCK instead of /acceptPK, that way they don't know if they're being CK'd? I dunno man, I'm spitballing ideas here.

/acceptdeath is a you accepting death, it’s for you to start the respawn process. When performing said command paramedics can no longer tend to you, nobody can. You literally turn into a body which you leave behind, and you respawn. For all intents and purposes - you are dead. The syntax isn’t subject to reinterpretation. In fact, the system even tells you that. You are brutally wounded and subsequently put in a state requiring medical attention. You don’t accept death by getting appropriate medical care, where possible. In all other situations, you’re dead. Whereas during a CK, an administrator just CKs your character, you are kicked from your character until you namechange. These, unless voluntary, don’t leave options. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic