PKs and how they give you respawn free of consequences

Kappaurel

1 minute ago, maramizo said:

Other servers used to carry on roleplay post PK, with only the dying party forgetting the event. Specific rules would prevent parties from continuing a form of retaliation against the PK'd player, but cops & LEOs would still be capable of arresting the PK'd player at a later date for the crimes that the player has committed.

Interesting idea.

1 minute ago, Kappaurel said:

Interesting idea.

You roleplay a cop. I can immediately tell by the fact that this was your response. I think it's an interesting idea too but I'm incredibly unbiased when it comes to this, and also I know that said other servers treated cops very harshly in different circumstances to balance things out (i.e: at times cops that even patrolled crime infested neighborhoods alone were considered to be "risking their lives" and could have gotten CK'd for performing actions alone).

Players that RP illegally (especially gang members, or others that are more likely to be arrested) will say this is unfair, say it's a double jeopardy for crimes they've committed. "We've already been PK'd, we shouldn't get arrested".

I still agree with you in thinking that it's an interesting idea nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, maramizo said:

You roleplay a cop. I can immediately tell by the fact that this was your response. I think it's an interesting idea too but I'm incredibly unbiased when it comes to this, and also I know that said other servers treated cops very harshly in different circumstances to balance things out (i.e: at times cops that even patrolled crime infested neighborhoods alone were considered to be "risking their lives" and could have gotten CK'd for performing actions alone).

Players that RP illegally (especially gang members, or others that are more likely to be arrested) will say this is unfair, say it's a double jeopardy for crimes they've committed. "We've already been PK'd, we shouldn't get arrested".

I still agree with you in thinking that it's an interesting idea nonetheless.

No, I don't roleplay a cop, so you are wrong!

Also, the argument of illegal RPers saying that would make sense if being PK'ed mattered AT ALL, you literally lose NOTHING.

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Kappaurel said:

No, I don't roleplay a cop, so you are wrong!

Also, the argument of illegal RPers saying that would make sense if being PK'ed mattered AT ALL, you literally lose NOTHING.

I'm glad I'm wrong, haha.

You'd expect that to be the mentality, right? But then you have people that log to avoid, people that dodge RP, PG, DM, MG, and do all sorts of funny business just to avoid a PK. Then you have people that try to refund a PK going "I lose 10 grams of weed". But at times you do lose a lot off of a PK. Sometimes you could lose an entire faction's stash, if you're not careful or incredibly unlucky. 

8 minutes ago, maramizo said:

You'd expect that to be the mentality, right? But then you have people that log to avoid, people that dodge RP, PG, DM, MG, and do all sorts of funny business just to avoid a PK. Then you have people that try to refund a PK going "I lose 10 grams of weed". But at times you do lose a lot off of a PK. Sometimes you could lose an entire faction's stash, if you're not careful or incredibly unlucky. 

It's a roleplay server, people are creating storylines. If someone gets PKed, that storyline ends for that person and depending on the context, for everyone else involved. Those that get PKed lose the ability to carry on roleplaying in that storyline, those that PK them have made the choice to do so and can reap the benefits of the PK (again, given the context). While material losses are difficult for everyone, PKs are more about the roleplay rather than items and police charges. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, EffPee said:

It's a roleplay server, people are creating storylines. If someone gets PKed, that storyline ends for that person and depending on the context, for everyone else involved. Those that get PKed lose the ability to carry on roleplaying in that storyline, those that PK them have made the choice to do so and can reap the benefits of the PK (again, given the context). While material losses are difficult for everyone, PKs are more about the roleplay rather than items and police charges. 

That's the agreement on PKs on this server, yes. However, the agreement can change as it has changed on other servers to fit the description I gave earlier. It can be anything.

2 minutes ago, maramizo said:

That's the agreement on PKs on this server, yes. However, the agreement can change as it has changed on other servers to fit the description I gave earlier. It can be anything.

I understand that, but my point is that this system works fine. It's worked fine for years.

Imagine the scenes when you get arrested for a crime that you did BEFORE the PK, that wouldn't make sense would it? 

As it stands, PKed players lose the ability to roleplay around that storyline anymore, I'd say on a hardcore roleplay server, that's a pretty big deal already.

As for them not facing any consequences for their actions involved in the PKed storyline, that's not their fault. It's at the fault of the person that PKed them, and that could happen for literally any reason.

50 minutes ago, maramizo said:

Typically what happens in scenes with LEOs is the following: Did you do something dumb intentionally to kill yourself in order to get out of consequences? They'll typically push for a CK. Did you just happen to die as a result of what happened without intentionally trying to avoid? That's fine and you can take the PK, these things happen. I guess the biggest example is when someone roleplays a heart attack / seizure / etc after being tazed and 'dies' even though they're at 100% health. For things like that typically they'll push for a CK as the player is choosing to die and did not in fact die as a result of PD/SD/etc action. But yeah if you happen to crash into something by accident and die scriptwise it's 100% fine to take the PK out.

Edited by Sush
4 minutes ago, Sush said:

Typically what happens in scenes with LEOs is the following: Did you do something dumb intentionally to kill yourself in order to get out of consequences? They'll typically push for a CK. Did you just happen to die as a result of what happened without intentionally trying to avoid? That's fine and you can take the PK, these things happen. I guess the biggest example is when someone roleplays a heart attack / seizure / etc after being tazed and 'dies' even though they're at 100% health. For things like that typically they'll push for a CK as the player is choosing to die and did not in fact die as a result of PD/SD/etc action. But yeah if you happen to crash into something by accident and die scriptwise it's 100% fine to take the PK out.

Yeah that just sounds fair to me. It also seems like this specific situation was an exception to the broader rule and a rare occasion where someone actually gets off with no repercussions.

• Wuhtah locked this topic