PKs and how they give you respawn free of consequences

Kappaurel

Well, I wanted to bring this up cause it's something that has been concerning me for some good time.

When you are PKed, your character literally dodges all the consequences of his previous actions, and I don't find this fair at all. The "new" person that comes after the PK should suffer the consequences.

How come? Let me explain with this example.

You all probably know what happened in Fantasia, a security guard pulled his gun and started shooting (inside a crowded club) at a guy, and killed him, when there was no justifiable reason for this. That guard later got PKed by another guy when he was being arrested.

The security guard simply respawned free of all charges, free of all consequences, didn't lose his CCW, his PF, his GuardCard and with a clean criminal record, when he would have more than probably got a fuckton of heavy felonies, a long time in prison (who knows if even life in prison), losing his CCW, his PF, his GC, his job...

But since he got PKed, he got free of everything, and I don't find that okay at all.

Video of the example below.

https://streamable.com/t1ucyc

This is not specially against this case, I don't have anything against the player or G6 or whatever, it's just the most specific example I have in my hands. Please don't divert the focus of this thread, the discussion is about Should PKs really mean that you get free of all consequences? Specially criminal charges and that? (otherwise admins will lock it, and we don't want that!)

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 1

In that particular instance, the G6 was just lucky he got PK'd, not his fault he got plugged in a cruiser. He shot a dude, his friends shot him back. Is what it is however I do agree PK's are a very easy tool to get out of consequences of your actions. Only thing I can see work this is out just reporting people if they get PK'd in a stupid way to avoid. Other than that, eh... Be good to hear some ideas though.

Just now, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I understand your concern but uh, he didn't kill himself? Should be talking to the player who PK'd him, sounds like he's/she's the one who gave him the get out of jail free card.

It's just a concern, indeed, I don't even have a clear opinion on it myself, that's why I wanted to see what the community had to say about it

PKs are a concept that have been around since way before GTA WORLD existed, I don't see a reason to change them in such a manner.

After all, the person that exists after the PK technically isn't the same person as the one before the PK, or at least it's a different timeline(?), there's many factors at play that wouldn't allow for you to retain conditions from before the PK.

Like others have said, in this specific case; it's the PKers responsibility at that point, if they decide to kill them rather than have them face the normal consequences, that's on them.

Other servers used to carry on roleplay post PK, with only the dying party forgetting the event. Specific rules would prevent parties from continuing a form of retaliation against the PK'd player, but cops & LEOs would still be capable of arresting the PK'd player at a later date for the crimes that the player has committed.

• Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic