Remove latest plane intro update

As the code for the cutscene is executed, your computer works harder. Similar to GTA Online, Cutscenes to Gameplay result in a sudden Framerate Drop, as there are two folder sources that your game operates in so the proper files can be ran, therefore making your game run smoothly. If you have a poor running computer, then your game will most likely quit, as RageMP caters to monotasks, meaning single file executing while running; Whereas GTA Online splits up the parent source files into hundreds of smaller segments, making it easier to run your game.

A 10 second cutscene is not asking for a lot of your time, some characters might enjoy it (if they're character is meaning to arrive by airplane) as it adds some immersion before you even start Roleplaying! If a 10 second cutscene is more time consuming than the Drivers test you need to take for every character you make, perhaps you are getting frustrated by the little things in the game.

If your game is crashing due to the cutscene, it's because your computer can't handle it, nothing to do with the code of the cutscene!

4 hours ago, Geo0004 said:

If your game is crashing due to the cutscene, it's because your computer can't handle it, nothing to do with the code of the cutscene!

If nine of ten people trip climbing a set of stairs, there's a problem with the stairs.   Just because you've concluded that you have the best pc and are super gamer man doesn't mean we're all playing on chromebooks.  

Given that I can play on nopixel with everything cranked to the max and multiple graphical mods, but this intro caused my entire PC to blackscreen, broke RTX voice and caused me to blow out six peoples eardrums on discord, as well as me having to restart my PC to get anything to open again, I call bullshit on "get a better PC".

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Syke said:

If nine of ten people trip climbing a set of stairs

While this is true, the stairs of RageMP will always be broken to a degree. Half the server struggles with the various problems that RageMP throws at them. With a 22 comment thread and thousands of players, I heavily doubt that the collective is facing this issue as well. 

I play on an average gaming Laptop, like most other people on the server. However, a large part of my career is based off the troubleshooting of programs, I would say I am confident in my knowledge of RageMP problems and solutions, my guides wouldn't be posted on #announcements if they weren't valid, tried and true. I will not further sway you to believe that the issue lies in the computer, as you seem to display a certain passive-aggressiveness when it comes to having a civilized discussion.

Cheers,

Geo

20 minutes ago, Geo0004 said:

While this is true, the stairs of RageMP will always be broken to a degree. Half the server struggles with the various problems that RageMP throws at them. With a 22 comment thread and thousands of players, I heavily doubt that the collective is facing this issue as well. 

I play on an average gaming Laptop, like most other people on the server. However, a large part of my career is based off the troubleshooting of programs, I would say I am confident in my knowledge of RageMP problems and solutions, my guides wouldn't be posted on #announcements if they weren't valid, tried and true. I will not further sway you to believe that the issue lies in the computer, as you seem to display a certain passive-aggressiveness when it comes to having a civilized discussion.

Cheers,

Geo

tenor.gif?itemid=7528824

21 minutes ago, Geo0004 said:

I highly doubt what you claim is true. I doubt only 22 people have this issue, most just haven't seen this forum topic. Plus, even if it was only 22 people facing this issue - it should still be REMOVED. There is no point in keeping a shitty intro cutscene if it means that the game crashes for some of the playerbase.

There is literally no pros of keeping this, only cons. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, xdthe said:

I highly doubt what you claim is true. I doubt only 22 people have this issue, most just haven't seen this forum topic. Plus, even if it was only 22 people facing this issue - it should still be REMOVED. There is no point in keeping a shitty intro cutscene if it means that the game crashes for some of the playerbase.

There is literally no pros of keeping this, only cons. 

I am in full agreeance of it being removed, my primary standpoint was not for keeping it in GTA World. Some computers can execute the mp.game.cam.doScreenFadeOut(100); and mp.game.cam.doScreenFadeIn(0); back to back batch commands, others can't. 

Edited by Geo0004
11 hours ago, Geo0004 said:

A 10 second cutscene is not asking for a lot of your time, some characters might enjoy it (if they're character is meaning to arrive by airplane) as it adds some immersion before you even start Roleplaying! If a 10 second cutscene is more time consuming than the Drivers test you need to take for every character you make, perhaps you are getting frustrated by the little things in the game.

So your suggesting that the solution to an evidently game-breaking element of the server that contributes very little beyond a 10 second cutscene is for players to... spend money in real life to upgrade their PC?

Wild.

Edited by TinPan