Timezones / Server Time

ZaE

3 minutes ago, Sixth said:

Extend the daytime for an hour or 2 longer. That way us NA players get SOME day light and the other players don't really have anything to complain about?

Yes and ruin the career of EU characters even more. DJ's (just an exemple!) protested the previous timezone change because they'd have to stay up later IRL. An extra few hours would put them out of business. And thats just one career group, lets not forget the others that are timezone based due to openings of businesses.

3 hours ago, GamingNinjaSheep said:

But if it is most active during the day, the evenings will have much less activity. So RIP nightclubs etc, no matter which way you put it someone will feel left out. We could have time ingame move at double speed but I think that creates more problems than it solves.

Keep it like it is, it's good enough.

That’s the truth. Literlly any “solution” (not really a solution cuase there’s no problem) would cause a problem.

1 hour ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

If we had an even number of Na and EU players, sure. If NA players were dominant, sure, switch it up. But both are not the case. I've met a lot of people on GTA World and I actually kept track where they are from. From the 50 I asked, only 1 or 2 came from NA. The rest was EU or Western Asia.

I don't know where you get these numbers from. Months back Nervous himself said that 60% of the player base is in the NA time zone. I don't know if that exact number is still accurate, but its way more than 4 percent. I'd recommend backing up your statements with facts instead of anecdotal evidence. 

I'm fine with keeping the IC time the same, but lets not pretend there's only a handful of North American players that get stuck in the dark. The number is significantly higher than that, and it effects a large percentage of the server.

image.thumb.png.219d8141b3b0b13fc85b9cc9c7c1526b.png

Edited by Dingus
Formatting

I've suggested this long time ago, it may be flawed system but if timed correctly it would be ideal. Condense one hour of OOC time into 2 hours of IC time. That way in 24h period you would technically have two days in game, allowing players from both timezones to play in both day and night setting.
Ideal? Nope.
Better than your char constantly is ‚‚online'' only during nighttime? Yeah.

2 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Yes and ruin the career of EU characters even more. DJ's (just an exemple!) protested the previous timezone change because they'd have to stay up later IRL. An extra few hours would put them out of business. And thats just one career group, lets not forget the others that are timezone based due to openings of businesses.

Wait, I'm confused. Wouldn't this change help those groups? If your being forced to stay up late into the evening IRL just to do your RP wouldn't you benefit from server times being shifted?

Nobody is saying lets shift the entire server to favor NA players (Though I find it funny that it's ok for 60% of the server to deal with it), but I think a rotation of the time zones every few weeks would be beneficial to all players. At worst, using your example DJ's might have to take a few weeks off or get on at a different time but to be honest? I already have to do this if I want to RP during the day time, it's really not that much of a hassle. However it would be nice to just be able to play casually during NA prime and not be plunged into total darkness 24/7.

I think a lot of people would be in favor of a 12 hour clock or a bi-weekly/monthly timezone rotation. There is a way bigger NA playerbase than people seem to realize that get stuck in the dark, myself included. It may be fine as it is for EU players but it would be nice for people to acknowledge that 95 percent of NA roleplay happens in darkness. 

• mj2002 locked this topic