Sexy HUD

5 hours ago, CloutToken said:

I've been finding myself to toggle the HUD a lot more often as of late as it tends to be obnoxious at times. I agree with everything you've suggested here, however, I wouldn't be opposed to removing the cardinal direction. I would however like to suggest that the GTA.WORLD branding is removed in it's entirety as it serves virtually zero purpose. 

I guess it'd have to do with the whole advertising the server thing, which is understandable, I suppose. Yet I do think maybe making it toggleable for donators or such would be a nice compromise.

I do fully agree with the suggestion though. I would love for the HUD to be adjusted, however so minor.

3 minutes ago, Syke said:

I'd prefer to keep the cardinal direction as I'm directionally challenged as it is, and trying to figure out what way the N is would melt my brain but I'm all for the rest of the changes.   

But why would you suddenly know all four cardinals without any type of actual aid? Why should everyone get every direction under the sun stamped in the corner of their screen?

Just now, Marksman said:

But why would you suddenly know all four cardinals without any type of actual aid? Why should everyone get every direction under the sun stamped in the corner of their screen?

Why should my dyslexia disadvantage my characters ability to tell east from west?

Just now, Marksman said:

First your directionally challenged, now it's dyslexia? 

Neither are sufficient reasons to give everyone 24/7 cardinal directions.

Directionally challenged is the polite way to say I can't read a map.  It's not a diagnosis but well done on slapping your cock on the table over how I talk.

I lived in a city for 20 years, I knew what way was east from years of going to the beach and knowing how to drive to the beach when I became an adult, and I learned that over time.   Most residents in Los Santos would know roughly where each direction is based on previous travel over their life.

You're acting like having cardinal directions on the hud is going to have people making degree callouts for precision information, but in reality it makes the game a little more accessible for people like me who get mixed up OOC.

• Upvote 1