Group chat system to /phone

Pie

Description:  An addition to the phone script that allows you to create a group chat that could include a number of people. Extremely useful and I personally believe will make it more easy on players to opt for the group chat system on their IG phones rather than resorting to Discord or any other 3rd party communication program.

I don’t know if that’s possible and doable, actually. However, I like the idea of having a group chat with the friends it makes the communication easier and is fun at the same time. But I think the implementation would be too difficult 😕  

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna bump this. Following a couple of replies from St3fan[NL]. I was told on his email system topic that loading all the messages was too intensive on the database. Thus I would like to propose a couple of ideas that maybe weren't thought of. Hopefully a developer can provide some insight.

Could we make a separate website for the texting app and just use that instead of what we're using already? Would work just like the proposed mail.gta.world solution, but designed to look like a texting app.

Another idea I had was to load the last 50 or so messages and just add a button to load more as needed. This would be less intensive than loading every message at once. Hopefully a dev can let me know how practical this would be with GTAW's current infrastructure.