[LSNN] Lifestyle News: Sala "The Maestro" Bolo, 42, wins Fight Night at The Sweathouse Gym

LSNN

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Sala "The Maestro" Bolo, 42, wins Fight Night at The Sweathouse Gym.

BY VICTORIA MILLER

Los Santos, SA - On 11th February, 2021, at 8 pm, The Sweathouse Gym hosted a MMA fight night consisting of eight male fighters and four MMA matches. What started as a casual fight night quickly got heated as all the contestants were in top performance condition. The busy audience hyped up the atmosphere and there was barely any space left out in the gym for spectators with all the seats occupied by enthusiastic MMA fans who were cheering and applauding for their favorite fighters.

OGPZuDa.png

MMA fight night in The Sweathouse Gym 

The winner of the first match was Isaac "The Dragon" Ryu who fought  opponent Nicky Castles.  "Let's welcome the Dragon himself, a protégé of Beau French!", boomed from the sound system as Isaac was introduced to the crowd.

"Like I said, I say it time and time again... I am one of the fastest fighters in this cage. Even though this was my pro debut, I didn't even get hit once against a veteran fighter", The Dragon told LSNN. 

The second match was Anthony Ramirez versus Johnny Henning. Anthony Ramirez left the ring victorious and with a smile on his face.  "I'm going to say one thing. Easy fight. Get me real men.", Ramirez told LSNN as his opponent left the ring in defeat.

image.png

Anthony "Rider" Ramirez (left), Seymour "The Bear Man" Berman (middle), and Sala "The Maestro" Bolo (right) with manager Frank Palma.

Meanwhile, the atmosphere amongst the audience began to heat up again. The next match was quickly announced between Goran Baranov and Seymour "The Bear Man" Berman.  "Touch gloves guys, and let's go to war" boomed the host. It seemed like those words encouraged both fighters as well as the audience as everyone began cheering and applauding as the fight started. 

"My score is 1-0. This was my first fight. That guy is real strong, real tough, really had me pressured a few times. This is a blast. I'd like to thank my opponent and everyone who made this possible", said Berman "The Bear Man" to the LSNN team. "He is going to be a star", said his manager, Frank Palma, the host of the event and the manager of The Sweathouse Gym.

The night progressed towards the final match, which was also the main match of the night. Sala "The Maestro" Bolo versus Beau "Frenchie" Badeaux. At 42, the Maestro took down Frenchie in record time. "It is a delight, Frenchie is a strong fighter. It was hard competition, but I never doubt myself", said Bolo smiling to the cameras. 

kg6jepz.png

The Palmas' of The Sweathouse Gym

LSNN spoke with the owners of the Sweathouse Gym, Frank and Nicole Palma.

"We were meant to have a female fight tonight too. But unfortunately, one of the female fighters got involved in a car accident. She's okay though, thankfully. When it comes to the male fighters... Isaac Ryu is going places. I manage most of these guys. The only winner who isn't mine is Anthony Ramirez. He won his bout. The real bitter news, Seymour Berman. He is a natural, just signed with me. Sala Bolo though, guy is going to be at the Dome. Right now?  He can't be stopped. He is a wrecking machine.  He is older, but he is clever", Mr. Palma told LSNN.

When asked what interested him in Mixed Martial Arts fighting, he told LSNN: "I was a fighter myself.  I'm only thirty one, but I took a hit to the knee a few years back. I got the knowledge, but I can't go with these kids anymore though, you know?"

He mentioned that without his wife's help, he wouldn't have been able to organize the event. "I am satisfied with tonight's event and I couldn't have done it without my wife here. I handle the fighters, but she does everything else. The business, the brains", said Mr. Palma with a proud smile on his face. 

Nicole Palma smiled and nodded. She then added: "My job generally is to get things advertised, find the right people to work here, make sure everyone has everything they need. They all work hard, I guess I make sure they get paid good. I prefer that my husband is a manager, not a fighter anymore. There is nothing worse than watching your husband in the cage like that. Having female fighters was Frank's idea. I was happy to hear that. Shame it never happened because of the car accident, but I'm glad that she is okay. Health is most important."

After the event ended, the audience began leaving the gym, while some of them stayed a while longer to get an autograph and talk with their favorite fighters.

Y8l4IDT.png

2OyH6Zd.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by LSNN
grammar
  • Upvote 1

Username: BeauFrench
Comment: Sala performed quite well, he is a very skilled fighter. I am sad to admit my retirement, but now I will devote my time to training Isaac 'The Dragon' Ryu. I see a lot of myself in him, someone needs to coach him to the top. My time in the ring is done, but my time on the sidelines is just starting!

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic