Valheim?

Jorgensen

26 minutes ago, DanneBRE said:

Thinking of buying it but the graphics looks like they are from 2008 from the videos Ive seen. Does the content/playstyle weigh up that?

It's intended as the aesthetic. Cause from the look of it, it's inspired by Runescape, Minecraft and Dark Souls.

@Tseard I honestly think it depends on your playstyle. If you want a steep difficulty curve, then playing solo is great.

Edited by KoishiKomeiji
On 2/13/2021 at 4:11 AM, Wirbelwind said:

It's honestly super fun and has enough content to keep you engaged. I initially thought that my graphics were bugged, but you get used to them within like 10-20 minutes. It's a charming style for sure!

The character models are goofy looking, but despite the low-res, blocky textures, the world looks beautiful. Valheim definitely demonstrates that you don't need high-end, super realistic graphics to make a pretty game. 

Valheim is definitely a game developed by passionate people. There are a lot of great small touches, and it's one of the most polished early access games I've ever played. I'm very excited to see what new content and features they add over the coming months because this game has a lot of potential to keep getting better.

Well worth the $20.