Undo the recent update: Health saving after /changechar.

mala

Short description: Undo the recent update that makes the server save your health even after a relog or /changechar.

Detailed description: Just undoing this feature, because it ignores several bugs and problems that can lower your health. It's also bugged (affects other characters)

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?  Undoes this recent change. Honestly, the game itself is too prone to random damage like tripping over props, falling due to disappearing furniture, and misclicks, for this feature to be useful in any way. People who exploit /changechar to fix their health after a shooting are already breaking rules and I've heard this damage is logged and visible to admins anyway.

Additional information:

One of the last updates pushed this: "Health will now save on your character, if you relog or use /changechar you will spawn back with the same health"

Now, this sounds great. I understand, people abuse /changechar to reset their damage after a fight or getting shot. It's exploitable. But this change completely overlooks the following:

• Misclicks. How many times do people get punched out of nowhere? You can't even keep count.
  • Cars. Using /vget or /fixveh sometimes LITERALLY brings your car down on top of you. Sometimes the driver opens the door and the game physics decide that door will fling you 10 feet for no reason.
  • Tripping over placed furniture causes damage sometimes. Like jumping over that one annoying chair might ragdoll you and make you take damage.
  • Furniture disappears while you're furnishing. Sometimes even after the furniture is done, the interior reloads. You may spontaneously fall anywhere from 5ft to 20 stories depending on the interior's location. Sure, you can use /fixrevive if it kills you, but sometimes it just injures you. You'll be chugging water bottles.

On a side note: it's bugged. I tripped over a prop and took some damage earlier. I swapped to a different character, and it took damage upon logging in. Changed character to another one, it ALSO took the same amount of damage upon logging in.

Edited by Havana
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 2