[IN-DEPTH] Explanation of IG Rules with Precedents

I fucking love this! I do suggest, as a pointer, to put in like big bold text at the start of the thread that "each one of the admin decisions depends on the context and situation, this isn't the court of law" or something like that.

As an addition, here's a suggestion for a precedent;

Under Rule 7)
Copy-pasting and keeping a /me ready is not acceptable, it's as bad as having a macro.

Reference this report https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/39598-reginald-brookhaven-richard-kingston-024/?do=findComment&comment=378565

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, shrike. said:

So, while well intended, this could be very misleading, despite its purpose. You want to open up the rules, get people informed about their interpretations, but these examples might be mistaken for gospel. 

Might be worth adding a few notes about subjectivity or some kind of blurb warning about how the rules, while fixed, do not apply to stringent fixed events and circumstances, but complicated and layered events and circumstances that alter how outcomes come about. Variables are not accounted for. That's where arbitrators - our admins - come in. 

I agree with this sentiment. This is a useful guide for reference, however, this must be prefixed with a warning/blurb that explains that these are useful for reference. They are not to be used as ammunition in arguments over ongoing conflicts, reports, or worse, active roleplay situations in game. As @shrike. mentioned, that's where administrators come in.

Furthermore, the summaries are very subjective and can be seriously misleading. I'd almost go as far as to say that if you quote an administrator by means of summarizing their decisions, you should make sure that they agree with this summary.

I don't want to discourage you from continuing this project, @maramizo, but keep these considerations in mind.

• Applaud 1
22 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

What will happen when you find something conflicting?  Because as has been said, the rules are interpreted by admins with differing views and the judgements can depend on context.

Great question!

It has to be first confirmed to be conflicting, so that means that it must have the same environmental elements (i.e: same roleplay, with the same notions). If that is the case, I'll make a conflictions section which contains them, Hopefully, this will allow administrators to create more in-depth interpretations of them, preventing them from happening again, and making it fairer for everyone!

This is great.

If someone can find that post from a report where an admin stated that a lack of player activity on what would be a crowded area does not equal there is no people around in a city where millions live, I'll give you a cookie. We really need this to be specified to stop people who decide to do dumb shit such as robberies, hits etc. in the middle of a street.

4 minutes ago, hentai! said:

This is great.

If someone can find that post from a report where an admin stated that a lack of player activity on what would be a crowded area does not equal there is no people around in a city where millions live, I'll give you a cookie. We really need this to be specified to stop people who decide to do dumb shit such as robberies, hits etc. in the middle of a street.

I'll keep an eye out as I add more threads!