sore losers

senia

how come its a standard on lsrp/gtaw for people to rp super violent thugs who insult people for no reason and escalate to drawing knives/guns over the tiniest reasons to file a forum report every time they are on the losing end of a scenario?

it seems everyone wants to rp being an omega lesbian gun toting OG but they need to file a forum report whenever they get themselves shot for it.

these kind of people who file petty reports where they are clearly fishing for a punishment out of spite should get warnings for doing so and in extreme cases maybe be restricted from engaging in illegal RP since they are incapable of handling the outcome of an IC 'loss' or death in a situation they've brought upon themselves. 

jamming people up in lengthy forum reports and having admins waste their time digging through logs and such because you are a baby is really lame and wasting everyone's time.

As someone who often looks through the reports in the player reports section of this forum, I can assure you that the majority of reports are nothing like the scenario you’ve described above. 

I don’t think this is a ‘standard’ at all, and if it seems that way to you, I’d venture to guess that you’re surrounding yourself around the wrong type of players. 

Please don’t encourage the stigma that already exists against illegal players by pushing this idea that it’s the norm for illegal chars to be exaggerated and extreme in their portrayals with play-to-win mentalities. 

It seems that you’ve had an experience or two (maybe more?) with players like this, which is unfortunate - but it’s certainly not the norm. 

• Upvote 1

it certainly is the norm, 100% of gangbanger start insulting and drawing weapons on ppl for walking within name tag distance of them.

gangbanger does something stupid and gets themselves shot, 10 mins later you receive a pm

'forum report up'

u read forum report: 

"i charged at X person with a knife for breathing the air of my hood and they shot me 😭"

my issue isn't that they are playing these sort of hyper aggressive characters or even trying to rob or beat/kill you, my issue is that if they lose the situation which they initiate they come cry on the forums. 

there should be a penalty against filing bogus reports to deter this behavior and if u do it excessively or extreme cases where it is clear you are fishing for a refund or crying because you lost then you shouldn't be allowed to rp as gangster. 

I'm just going to lock this as I don't see it going anywhere good. There is a difference between  blatantly lying in a report and having legitimate concerns over another players actions if the reasons aren't immediately clear.  Quite often they are not, and in the heat of the moment sometimes players just don't want to co-operate with eachother if they're in a less than amicable mood. A forum report can often clear the air.

Locked on that note.

• Upvote 3