Age Requirement - Revision

LAGhost

1 hour ago, Blowin' Hollows said:

Text based role play is fun for ALL ages

No, its not. It's fun for mature audiences who can understand the adult themes & content that is in the real world, and thus a roleplay server. Personally, I am not comfortable with role playing around someone younger than 15. 

The only issue with this suggestion is its very hard to enforce this kind of rule. The whole send a picture of your ID doesn't work here, nor does sending a picture of your face or something. It's too much effort for people to play and lots of people aren't comfortable. However, even if its just a "cosmetic" rule change, I think it could turn some people away from the server who are not of age, which is good. Its like the ERP rule where you have to be 18. There's no way to prove someone is 18, but the rule being there helps.

2 minutes ago, Bauer said:

No, its not. It's fun for mature audiences who can understand the adult themes & content that is in the real world, and thus a roleplay server. Personally, I am not comfortable with role playing around someone younger than 15. 

The only issue with this suggestion is its very hard to enforce this kind of rule. The whole send a picture of your ID doesn't work here, nor does sending a picture of your face or something. It's too much effort for people to play and lots of people aren't comfortable. However, even if its just a "cosmetic" rule change, I think it could turn some people away from the server who are not of age, which is good. Its like the ERP rule where you have to be 18. There's no way to prove someone is 18, but the rule being there helps.

I agree with you.

Even the ID part.

The whole concept of this rule is to place a DOB when first visiting the website, or signing up, on UCP or the forum site, akin to any faction sites.

It encourages a demographic meta to be enforced. People can lie about their age but it being there helps deter potential minors.

And on top of that, if found to be lying, they can be held viable to administrative punishment.

I mean, something as basic as a date of birth entry? I'm fine with that. I don't think we should be checking IDs though. I wouldn't join a server that forces me to hand over personal identifying information just to get in, and I've got nothing to hide.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Dawn said:

I mean, something as basic as a date of birth entry? I'm fine with that. I don't think we should be checking IDs though. I wouldn't join a server that forces me to hand over personal identifying information just to get in, and I've got nothing to hide.

I would like to reiterate the point I've made in prior posts that other people are bringing up this "ask for ID" concern when it was never pitched as a rule revision, please ignore this as the argument is to enforce a 16+ age limit with a DOB entry check as a precautionary measure to avert potential minors from joining.

1 minute ago, Wynters said:

I would like to reiterate the point I've made in prior posts that other people are bringing up this "ask for ID" concern when it was never pitched as a rule revision, please ignore this as the argument is to enforce a 16+ age limit with a DOB entry check as a precautionary measure to avert potential minors from joining.

I'm well aware, but it's still a topic that is being bought up a lot in this thread.

I’ll lock this, we don’t plan on limiting the age. It’s not doable, and many players are more mature at 14 than some are at 20.

If they get through the app and play ingame without issues regarding our roleplay standards I don’t care if they are 14 or 30.

• Upvote 2