Aviation Regulations

Busch

So this aviation RP is not compeltely out there as most of us know. However I'd like to see what people think whether it should be good to create regulations for the city or follow the federal ones offered by the US (which are the ones being used atm)

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, SandroXiX said:

Well... Flying without ATC (Air Traffic Control) around a city as big as Los Santos is unrealistic. But is anyone willing to sit in the control tower or control offices for a few hours per day and roleplay monitoring air traffic?

Completely depends on what class of airspace it is, if it's class E (or G) it's fine to fly there without ATC. Is there a map showing the airspaces somewhere? Has that been done by someone, or does it need to be done?

2 minutes ago, GamingNinjaSheep said:

Completely depends on what class of airspace it is, if it's class E (or G) it's fine to fly there without ATC. Is there a map showing the airspaces somewhere? Has that been done by someone, or does it need to be done?

LSIA is copy of LAX and LAX is under class B. Because of high air traffic flow, we have eight runways on LAX and six on LSIA. I agree that Blaine County should be under class E or G. I have to mention that Fort Zancudo and Twin Towers Correctional Facility should be prohibited airspace for civilian airplanes and helicopters.

14 minutes ago, SandroXiX said:

LSIA is copy of LAX and LAX is under class B. Because of high air traffic flow, we have eight runways on LAX and six on LSIA. I agree that Blaine County should be under class E or G. I have to mention that Fort Zancudo and Twin Towers Correctional Facility should be prohibited airspace for civilian airplanes and helicopters.

Oh right, I see. In that case it would be cool to replicate the coastal route, or maybe even the "tunnel" through the class B airspace. But for all this to happen there needs to be regulations, an aeronautical chart, ATC etc.

1 hour ago, SandroXiX said:

Well... Flying without ATC (Air Traffic Control) around a city as big as Los Santos is unrealistic. But is anyone willing to sit in the control tower or control offices for a few hours per day and roleplay monitoring air traffic?

It's the same situation surrounding the player-controlled emergency dispatch that some people were suggesting. It'd be great in theory but it's not at all feasible.

5 minutes ago, GamingNinjaSheep said:

Oh right, I see. In that case it would be cool to replicate the coastal route, or maybe even the "tunnel" through the class B airspace. But for all this to happen there needs to be regulations, an aeronautical chart, ATC etc.

The main issue I see is the lack of people with proper knowledge surrounding these types of regulations and aviation in general and out of the limited amounts currently on the server, very few would be open to sitting in an office on their own and talking on a radio/website.

I'd personally love to see something like this, though. I'm always interested in seeing RP as detailed and complex as it can get.

I think like everything else it should be simplified to the amount of players we have. Perhaps have the radar on the corner work and be able to see if there’s any aircraft nearby. Maybe a blip that’s orange or perhaps blue to distinguish from all other markers on the map. Also you will never have people with proper aviation knowledge because it is too much to remember for some. But either way there’s not many people interested in aviation and those who are I’ve seen them put effort into what they do. 

The problem I see with aviation rp is 

1. License - there are two Instructors at the moment who can hand out Licenses, in order to get one you need to take part in 8 Sessions which take around 1 hour each or even more

in my eyes that’s cool on one side but the other side it’s just not manageable when you just have a handful of instructors, also 8 hours  of session is to long in my eyes, it should be realistic yes of cours but we should not forget it’s a still a game and many of us don’t sit 24/7 in front of out PCs.

2. the second problem I See are the prices, yes a aircraft should cost a lot but 900k for a simple rotor machine is way to much.

3. and yea when it comes to rules I think common sense should be applied, everybody of us should know that flyin close over the city is unrealistic and should get u a place in ajail for some time. 

but that’s just my opinion