Edit the property selling value formula

.George

Short description: As of right now, when selling a property we are allowed to charge 3 time market price + script value + furniture cost. My suggestion is to either change it to market price + script value + 3 times the furniture cost or let the seller pick one of the two.

Detailed description: As stated already above, current formula allows people to charge someone three times the market price which doesn't make much sense as market price is, or well, should be a static value that can only be amended by admins.
That being said, real increase in property value would be the maintenance work and the furniture of the property itself, in our case furniture cost of a property.
A lot of people that map actively or have mapped at least one or two properties know that mapping is pretty time consuming skill that takes some time to learn and be efficient in, especially when it comes to details that make property more unique, instead of just making a bareback property.
That being said, I believe that people should be at least allowed to pick between one of the two properties as in my opinion time and skill spent creating interior should be far more detrimental to selling value of a property compared to a number that was predefined by property management.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Reward people creating unique interiors more and not ones snatching properties that have high MP value.

Additional information: I am aware that there could be potential abuses of people adding weird expensive furniture outside of apartment to boost furniture value but those would be pretty easy to notice and shouldn't be much of a issue in my opinion. Plus people will notice even without that that something is off if the furniture price is too much.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

No. Properties are sold at unrealistic prices as it is. I don't want to see people complain about paying 500k for a trailer in Sandy.

This drastically increases the price because there are often interiors with 50-60k furniture and even that makes a huge problem in price. As it is people sell properties for buy-out.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, effion said:

No. Properties are sold at unrealistic prices as it is. I don't want to see people complain about paying 500k for a trailer in Sandy.

This drastically increases the price because there are often interiors with 50-60k furniture and even that makes a huge problem in price. As it is people sell properties for buy-out.

There is only so much you can map a small trailer, as matter of fact I mapped one pretty much in detail for around 15k. I don't see how it will increase value of trailers like that. Only thing it would do is reward good mapping.

Just now, DjoleK said:

There is only so much you can map a small trailer, as matter of fact I mapped one pretty much in detail for around 15k. I don't see how it will increase value of trailers like that. Only thing it would do is reward good mapping.

You'd be surprised how much people fit in a small trailer just because admins don't intervene into every property being sold. I've seen trailer interiors bigger than the size of a mirror park house. I'm still against this. I respect the mappers and the effort that is put into an interior but this not the way you should be rewarding good mapping.

4 minutes ago, effion said:

This.

1 minute ago, effion said:

You'd be surprised how much people fit in a small trailer just because admins don't intervene into every property being sold. I've seen trailer interiors bigger than the size of a mirror park house. I'm still against this. I respect the mappers and the effort that is put into an interior but this not the way you should be rewarding good mapping.

So just because someone already broke a rule by mapping trailer to be the size of a house, everyone else should be punished, even though the punishment wouldn't prevent first scenario happening anyways?

• Upvote 1
Just now, DjoleK said:

So just because someone already broke a rule by mapping trailer to be the size of a house, everyone else should be punished, even though the punishment wouldn't prevent first scenario happening anyways?

If you are making a suggestion, you need to think of the consequences as a result of it.

If you want to be rewarded for good mapping, join the mapping team.

Even with the recent rule introduction of the mapping cap, there's ways to go above it. Read: "Exceptions to this rule may be made in rare circumstances. To request an exception, submit a forum PM including the property ID, proposed rate and furniture worth (estimate if not completed) to jesscatXD.  She will discuss this with the team and get back to you."

Like I said, I understand the problem that you're talking about, but this is really not the way to fix it.

No from me. I don't really see enough of a justification, there is plenty of profit to be made on both designing of houses and selling them if you made a nice map. If 3x MP + the furniture isn't enough then I think you might be greatly overfurnishing whether it be size or fanciness for the space your in. If a building has a greatly off marketprice your free to contact PM to inquire if it is correct or not anyways. Large buildings, fancy ones, clubs, businesses, etc all usually have fairly large marketprices. I don't really want more encouragement to flip and buy properties just to resell them with huge profit margins.

This could also easily be abused, market price is a constant for the value of the area/building, whereas if someone puts a bunch of props under the floor to inflate a mapping they or someone else made they're going to make 3x off that with this system.

• Upvote 1