Bring back forum signatures

sevo

Forum Signatures  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quite a simple suggestion really, I think forum signatures should be brought back. As far as I am aware they were removed due to a technical issue with the intention of them being brought back eventually (?) but I'm sure this was in spring/summer last year. Just posting this suggestion to chase that up/encourage them to be brought back if there was a separate reason they were discontinued in the first place.

Edited by josef

I'm on the fence about this one. One one hand, they really added some nice personalization to posts and were a great way to enhance your profile but on the other hand, they made the forum look really unorganized (with everyone having different signatures, some having no signature, some being huge while others were tiny) and the forums feel way more professional now than they used to.

3 hours ago, Entity said:

I'm on the fence about this one. One one hand, they really added some nice personalization to posts and were a great way to enhance your profile but on the other hand, they made the forum look really unorganized (with everyone having different signatures, some having no signature, some being huge while others were tiny) and the forums feel way more professional now than they used to.

You could argue that about profile pictures though. I think there is a way to disable signatures per-user so they don’t see anybody else’s signatures anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...

It is nice to have them as long as they are small and not idiotic. There are and always will be some people who put 20 different images, the size of the entire screen and a half into their signature which will take 5 minutes to scroll down and reach the first comment. I'd love to see them, but at the same time with that there should be some sort of a regulation to ensure it is proper.

11 hours ago, Yoak said:

yes pls as long as there are some rules regarding what people can and cant  have

Our convoluted forum rules already govern this 😂. (i've italicized/bolded font... for emphasis)

User Behavior

It is strictly forbidden for a user to impersonate a member of the GTA World Staff Team. This includes, but is not limited to, username, avatar, signature or use of expressions used by the Team such as "Closed", "Moved";

It is not allowed to "steal" Avatars from other users (Unless the image has not been created by them). If this happens, the victim must inform the Forum Administration and prove that he was the creator of the Signature / Avatar;  The same applies to identity theft. This attitude is punishable by permanent forum blocking.

III 

The General Rules of the Forum, with regard to the content of posts, also apply to the content of signatures, profiles & avatars of users.

• Signatures / Avatars may contain Foreign Language, as long as that Language is not Improper or Insulting / Offensive, or that in any way violates the other General Forum Rules;
  • Users who have avatars / signatures that do not comply with the Rule will be contacted by Private Message from a member of the Forum Team and will have a period of 48 hours (from the date and time the PM is sent) to edit them.

Signatures

• The images cannot exceed 600px in width and 300 px in height;
  • Each user can only use 1 image in his signature;
  • Each signature cannot contain more than 12 lines of text in "normal" size (size 12), including line breaks. If the signature already contains an image, whatever its size, only 6 lines of text will be allowed (the size should not be abusive).
  • The text size can only be between 8 and 16/17; - There are exceptions so you should not use maximizing values for large texts. A few words are fine.
  • The maximum number of emojis allowed is 10. Maximum number of repeated emojis allowed is 5.
  • GTA World Staff reserves the right to delete any Signature that may not follow these rules, since it is not an automatic process.
  • 3 weeks later...