Cease outside CK Applications

Red.

100% support.

The bar is far too low to get someone killed, and appeals take so long that you've effectively accomplished your goal whether it's eventually reversed or not.

A lite alternative to the proposal would be to presume a character is not dead as a baseline. If there's any kind of appeal, the character gets to live until it's ironed out. Erring on the side of permanent damage has always seemed off to me. 

• Upvote 1

No thanks.

Server needs more CK's, not less.

Actions have consequences.

Been here for a year, RP'ing extensively with an illegal faction. Haven't died in-game once, yet alone been CK'd.

If you do something dumb enough to get force CK'd, that's probably the best thing for your character tbh

Edited by NickyW
  • Upvote 1
On 6/16/2021 at 8:08 AM, NickyW said:

No thanks.

Been here for a year, RP'ing extensively with an illegal faction. Haven't died in-game once, yet alone been CK'd.

If you do something dumb enough to get force CK'd, that's probably the best thing for your character tbh

This pretty much.

CK applications aren’t just accepted for no reason, and you definitely don’t get force ck’ed for being a good roleplayer or having good portrayal.

sorry not supported.

19 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

CK applications aren’t just accepted for no reason, and you definitely don’t get force ck’ed for being a good roleplayer or having good portrayal.

No, they're just accepted for reasons that will never be explained to you using a rubric of judgment that is highly subjective.

I suspect everyone here lamenting a lack of CK's will change their tune immediately when their main character is assassinated and they have no idea why.

Good luck getting through the appeals process in less than 6 months. A system that broken doesn't need to exist if we refuse to fix it.

Just now, Smilesville said:

No, they're just accepted for reasons that will never be explained to you using a rubric of judgment that is highly subjective.

I suspect everyone here lamenting a lack of CK's will change their tune immediately when their main character is assassinated and they have no idea why.

Good luck getting through the appeals process in less than 6 months. A system that broken doesn't need to exist if we refuse to fix it.

I’ve actually been force CKed many times and they were all due to my poor portrayal / other reasons which led up to my characters death.

None of them were invalid. Sounds like the appeals system just needs to be worked on.

On 6/16/2021 at 11:08 AM, NickyW said:

No thanks.

33 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

My mains have been CK'd, on numerous occasions. I've never witnessed a CK that didn't exist without good reason. Admins don't simply hand out CKs without good reasoning. 1 out of 3 of my CK apps have been rejected, as one of them were not deemed "suitable" as they desired more escalation to occur between both characters. Eventually, it de-escalated and a C.K. was no longer needed.

It's partially subjective... they review screenshots, logs, and then discuss it amongst each other before forming a conclusion. No such thing as real "Objective reasoning" when determining whether something should be a CK or a PK. HOWEVER, it requires good and sound reasoning, much like a judicial system.

EDIT: It's not challenging to discover the reasoning for one's death... file a player report, if the person does not disclose the reasoning, in order to find out the reasoning. Simple as that. If the reasoning is not valid? File a CK application, and it will be resolved in less than a month, max. In my opinion, though, CK appeals should be handled more rapidly... maybe, an extra staff member to prioritize on CK appeals when they pop up. However, from my two-years of experience on this server? The C.K.s are justified 90% of the time.

Edited by DLimit
2 hours ago, DLimit said:

It's not challenging to discover the reasoning for one's death... file a player report, if the person does not disclose the reasoning, in order to find out the reasoning. Simple as that. If the reasoning is not valid? File a CK application, and it will be resolved in less than a month, max. In my opinion, though, CK appeals should be handled more rapidly... maybe, an extra staff member to prioritize on CK appeals when they pop up. However, from my two-years of experience on this server? The C.K.s are justified 90% of the time.

Reports on top of reports are absolutely not the answer. How can you say things will be resolved in less than a month when the majority of CK appeals in the subforum have been there longer than that? I even see one glaring example that's been idle for more than half a year.

What you're saying is just not supported by the evidence.

Even if we accept your statistic, 10% is still a really bad number to be waiting multiple months on.

Let's err on the side of caution and allow those characters to live if they elect to file an appeal since the process takes so long. I personally think outside CK's are a failed experiment from the 2000's, but if y'all want to keep the system, it's clear we need to fix appeals.

Edited by Smilesville
  • Upvote 1