Cease outside CK Applications

Red.

2 hours ago, Redman. said:

Few main points of note in regards to this:

• CK Apps, as it stands now, are honestly a kangaroo court. The "accused" in them has no opportunity to retort anything presented to LFM/IFM. This is honestly ripe for abuse and falsehoods that are only rectified by means of an after-the-fact appeal.

This has always been my biggest issue with this system right here. 

Just my personal opinion, while I understand that it's not really fair for the "victim" not being able to dispute the CK, we know players are not going to be "business as usual" if they know an impending CK is coming. They're going to be hiding in their house or at the very least completely on alert when they otherwise wouldn't be ICly. Mind you, speaking as an admin, if something's completely falsified or purposely misleading the player filing the CK request with lies in it won't finish the situation without administrative action. 

Edit: And as stated above, it's easy for players (with no fear of repercussions) to do some stupid stuff that they wouldn't do if they feared retribution and knew they might not respawn in 3 minutes after being mowed down. It gives some actual weight to a PK and shows players that they need to play dangerous IC games with fear for their lives.

Edited by Jonesy

Really one of 2 things need to happen to make the CKing of other people through an application. 
1: When party A wants to CK party B and party A puts a CK application in to be reviewed. Party B should be reached out to, and ensure that everything party A is claiming to be true. Unfortunately with that option party B might never come IG again out of fear of getting their character CKd or they may act more cautious to avoid being killed. 

2: Have administration provide more attention to CK appeals. Have administration have a faster turnaround time on CK appeals and not wait months to even get a response from an admin that the situation is being looked into.

2 hours ago, Cocaine Capital said:

To be honest it does need to at least be reevaluated. There’s a CK appeal section for if the person believes something was MGd or done wrong. Which is very neglected and there are some CK appeals that have been sitting for months. If the person who gets CKd has the chance to argue it after the fact, at the very least let them argue it when FM is debating on allowing the CK or not. 

9 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Just my personal opinion, while I understand that it's not really fair for the "victim" not being able to dispute the CK, we know players are not going to be "business as usual" if they know an impending CK is coming. They're going to be hiding in their house or at the very least completely on alert when they otherwise wouldn't be ICly. Mind you, speaking as an admin, if something's completely falsified or purposely misleading the player filing the CK request with lies in it won't finish the situation without administrative action. 

Edit: And as stated above, it's easy for players (with no fear of repercussions) to do some stupid stuff that they wouldn't do if they feared retribution and knew they might not respawn in 3 minutes after being mowed down. It gives some actual weight to a PK and shows players that they need to play dangerous IC games with fear for their lives.

I completely agree with you. I am part of the situation where CK permissions, with the bounty on someone's head is approved. The dude somehow found out what is going on. He didn't log in game for 10 days, and now, when he's logging in game, he's hiding in his house, or at the sea of Los Santos where no one can find him. It sucks. The rules should stay as they are.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Basically sums it up for me as well. Why wouldn't they do stupid things if all they do is /acceptdeath and respawn all because you just can't CK them no matter how much damage they've done to your character?

CK Apps are possibly one of the best parts of the server, because you can apply to enforce actual consequences on people's characters. On LSRP it was madness. You could shoot who you wanted, scam who you wanted, kidnap who you wanted, rape who you wanted and the worst you could get was a PK or some jailtime. Here, if you do any of those things and it's severe enough, you'll get a CK app on your ass. In life if you fuck with the wrong person, you end up dead. The only thing that should be changed about the system is the way appeals are handled.

Removing CK apps would mean that people will just do whatever they want without fearing the consequences.

unknown.png

First of all, good. Looking into criminal organization should be considered risky business. Investigating a criminal organization isn't a walk in the park and shouldn't be treated as such. That fear of being CKed should be there. Not only that, but what double standard are you on about? Not only can you lose your char permanently if you get arrested too much (Life sentence / death sentence) you can be CKed if you get killed by the cops and they choose to chase it up with admins.

I feel like this suggestion was made because certain players want to do stupid things IC without fear of being CKed, which makes no sense to me.

Edited by Garras Up

Giving them the opportunity to argue it before isn't going to work because even the best of people will be hesitant OOC to come in game if they are told it's going to go forward.    An appeal system definitely makes it work but I completely agree that waiting as long as the current wait time is nuts.

Perhaps it should be a case of a required lead time where the person CKed must appeal specifically to the person who issued the permission within 48 hours, then said person has the permission to overturn their choice.   If they have permission to accept CK requests they should have permission to overturn them.