Cease outside CK Applications

Red.

The current CK system is fine. The length of time it takes for CK Appeals to be sorted however is not. Whats the point of a CK Appeal if it's gonna sit for four and a half months or more before its sorted? Any RP around that character is essentially null and void after a few weeks as it is, especially characters at the top of a group or organization. It just makes no sense.

TL;DR; The current CK format would be perfect if it didnt take months on end for appeals to be dealt with.

My genuine question here is, "what about those not in groups or factions?"

If CK apps become a thing between groups or factions only, then you pretty much establish... What? That unless you're in a group you cannot CK someone? What about being CK'd? Will that be allowed, thus making the unaffiliated even more of an easy target?

From the few appeals I've read, I agree that the system seems to need work, but I think that limiting the ability to kill and be killed to groups and factions only, makes life difficult for a group of people who already have it difficult to begin with. Those that are not affiliated, and for whatever reason do not want to become affiliated.

Imho, what needs to be done is tougher regulation on the approval of a CK, that will lead in less appeals, or, ideally, once a CK is performed, the affected party to be given access to the CK app submitted so they can see the evidence themselves before deciding whether an appeal is necessary or not. 

Edited by Kraethas
52 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

The current CK system is fine. The length of time it takes for CK Appeals to be sorted however is not. Whats the point of a CK Appeal if it's gonna sit for four and a half months or more before its sorted? Any RP around that character is essentially null and void after a few weeks as it is, especially characters at the top of a group or organization. It just makes no sense.

TL;DR; The current CK format would be perfect if it didnt take months on end for appeals to be dealt with.

/endthread

You can't blindly trust that people would act without metagaming if they knew they had a CK app on them. The ability to defend themselves should happen during the appeal, which should happen just as quick as the decision to approve the CK, if not faster. The appeals process is the issue, not the CK system.

Edited by Brofessor
3 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

CKs should be done more, not less. Terrible suggestion, people should be CKed more for the stupid shit they pull off. No risk kills any sort of stakes in collective storytelling.

Just makes it easier for me. Easy enough to move on from John Clancy to Sam Billings in the same day. Best part is, I still keep all my stuff, so I can keep the pressure on people who legit value the lives of their characters, with no real risk to myself 

So, yeah, I'm all in favor of easier CKs. Gets us a little closer to shedding this stupid idea of half-assed "rEaLiSm" that gets selectively applied to make everything unfun for everyone.