Choose vehicle 'Extras' when buying from dealership

Marksman

Short description: Choose vehicle 'Extras' when buying from dealership

Detailed description: When buying a vehicle new from the dealership, you are met with a plethora of manufacturer options to choose from. While not entirely reflected in GTA 5, the vehicle extras script does somewhat provide this in a way. From things like grille options to interior cupholders. Roofs up to roofs down. Small taxi roof signs to large taxi advertisement signs. All very little things that can be changed on a car. This should be something we can change at the dealership when buying new.

Commands to add: Allow for an option, like when choosing your cars color. A box that opens the vehicle extras menu.

Items to add: Vehicle extras at dealership purchase screen

How would your suggestion improve the server? Provides a little more authentic personalization and customization when buying from a dealership. Drive some additional appeal into buying from the dealership compared to the used market.

Additional information:

• Upvote 3

Yep. "Extras" are technically part of performance packages or literal extras you can buy for more cash. This is beneficial and doesn't make players entirely reliant on (pretty scarce) mechanic garages and their role-play to get a car mod.

I'd agree with this to some extent.

Yes, in terms of exterior customisation, there's often different facelift packs for cars IRL. And, definitely different engine options, but how extreme you go, has a limit.

You're not going to roll out of a new car dealership with something that wasn't made or chosen for one of the performance packages for the actual car, or that the designer hadn't meticulously chosen out. Immediately, you're getting rid of things like spoilers, some custom exhausts and side trims, Turbo's, Neon's.. etc. Dealers spend a lot of money, time and R&D making their cars how they look anyway, with the idea of making them as profitable while adding several paid layers of customisation, mod-cons at ridiculous prices to further balance the profit margins against the base spec models. 

Maybe it would be good to include some customisations such as Engine and Brakes, but if you want lowered coilovers, turbo, transmission you're going to be looking for aftermarket parts by people like Brembo, Cobra, etc.

On several cars GTA does two different models of them such as the Felon and the Felon GT, symbolising a 'sportier' model which I like a lot - that's how dealerships tend to sell them.

Also, I feel that garage roleplay can be pretty great if you're there with the right person. I like to open up when I get the chance and roleplay for a couple of hours, and although garage's get tons of customers.. I'm still as meticulous with the detail level of the RP, taking extra care and my time to make it as realistic as possible for the parts that are fitted. In some aspects, i've asked customers to come back later on, or i'll have conversations with them as i'm working on certain parts,.

The reality is a lot of what we do probably aren't simple changes so changing them out over the course of time would make it more realistic - But its the argument of balancing realism against an enjoyable experience for all. 

I don't support this suggestion as I'd prefer for vehicles to receive most of their customizations from mechanics. Other than that, what WOULD be easier for some people? Allow the OLD and JUNKY liveries to be purchasable, at the dealership, since it wouldn't make sense for people to visit a player-controlled mechanic to "junky up" their vehicle.

Since it's NPC'd at a dealership? They can claim that it was an old vehicle that they owned for years or decades... or what passed down by a family member etc...

12 hours ago, Adv said:

I'd agree with this to some extent.

7 hours ago, DLimit said:

I don't support this suggestion 

It would appear neither of you know what vehicle Extras are. These are not bumpers or spoilers. They are not turbochargers or wheels. They are the basic things in the 'Extras' tab of a vehicle, such as cupholders or badges or grilles or in the case of the recent Stanier update, hubcaps.

+1, supporting, but with incurred cost for the privilege of a cup holder in 2021. 

8 hours ago, DLimit said:

Allow the OLD and JUNKY liveries to be purchasable, at the dealership, since it wouldn't make sense for people to visit a player-controlled mechanic to "junky up" their vehicle.

Love this idea. Nothing like going to a mechanic to add rust to your vehicle. Unfortunately though, the time it might take to provide this option at dealership scripts might not be worth the output and many vehicles don't have those livery options. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic